Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
snape kerrigan sherbet Amythyst sound moon cynder Ovauzhar dustypaws Lulu liam Disney Joachim black Lumina krystal
Affiliates
free forum

Movies One Must See Before They Croak

Go down 
+10
Cynder Dustypaws
Liria
KurdtLogan
Wrath'stwinSinXx
DeathDolohov
Tempest Black
Meredia
Phoenix Flame
RiverSeth
CrouchJunior
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Third Star   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 Third-star-poster

Link: Unfortunately, I don't know where there's a link for the film, but it might be possible to find it on Netflix or Youtube for all I know.

WHY: This film is just so good.

It follows the journey of James, Miles, Davy and Bill, who are all friends taking James to his favourite place on Earth - Barafundle Bay - because he has very little time left to live, as he has cancer.

The best part is, when watching it you feel like you're privy to something real. Like the four of them, you find yourself distracted by the funny parts where they forget about James' cancer so you forget about it as well for a while, but then you're reminded by it at points that leave you feeling a little... hollow. That's how I felt, anyway.

I don't often cry at films or TV shows, and if I do it's often just a couple of tears. But when I watched Third Star, I was actually in floods of tears by the end - that's how good it is. James' personality appears unconcerned on the surface, but really he's thought a lot about his situation, and it's actually quite shocking how much he's planned out.

Also, the friendships between the characters is very real. The actors are all friends in real life, so there the chemistry is there.

This film is definitely worth a watch, but be prepared for some pain from it.

(P.S. I knew exactly what I was getting myself into when I bought it, but I went ahead and did it anyway.)

Last edited by Phoenix Flame on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://theheylinhawk.tumblr.com
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 4:01 pm

You know, I LOVE films that degrade my characters indirectly >Neutral
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:41 pm

Well I wrote 2 negative reviews today, time for something positive!

The Avengers

Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 The-Avengers_large_jpeg_verge_medium_landscape

Link: http://megashare.info/watch-the-avengers-online-TlRFNU1BPT0

WHY:

For a long time, there was a struggle in Hollywood as to how to create a good comic book movie. Some movies like the early Superman movies and Tim Burton's Batman films did a great job of this by being able to show the heroes in a light that took them seriously. Of course for every good movie there's a bad one and the comic book movies hit a decline with Steel, starring Shaquille O'neil, and have fizzled out for a bit.

But then they suddenly gained a newfound popularity with the Spider Man franchise and several others.

The Avengers had a marketing gimmick that I find absolutely ingenious. They would have an entire movie devoted to the character in the Avengers unit and at the end after the credits rolled, they would have a teaser for the Avengers movie. This created a lot of hype for the Avengers when it was announced and boy did it deliver!

So now let's dive into the specifics. What's right about this movie? The cast had a chemistry I feel. You could believe they were supposed to be a team and they started out with problems. You could believe that wholeheartedly. What's more, not a single character was overlooked. Each one had their own specific arc they were battling (IE. Thor with Loki, Stark and Capt's rivalry, Bruce keeping himself in check, Black Widow's debt to Hawkeye, etc.) and you really felt for them. You were emotionally invested all the way through.

The humor in this movie was REALLY funny! It had perfect timing in it's jokes that hit the funny bone hard. Not to mention, the jokes were spaced well. They would have a dramatic moment, and then a funny one to offset it.

The editing was spot on and the effects were perfect I think. You were constantly engaged in what was happening and you understood all of it.

Honestly I doubt this review is doing the film justice.

If you haven't seen it yet and want an action packed, humorous extravaganza, take a watch and experience it for yourself!
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:42 pm

AW YES
AVENGERS

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON HOW AWESOME THAT MOVIE IS
Back to top Go down
http://theheylinhawk.tumblr.com
KurdtLogan

KurdtLogan

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:54 pm

While I was excited for the Avengers, it was ruined for me by fangirls (no offense). I think Mer can back me up on this; we both know several fan girls who've pissed us off enough not to see this film. The sort of people who like films for the actors in them instead of the content (which pisses me off so much).

Another minor annoyance for me was the absence of Ant Man (or, as his form in the original comic was, Giant Man) as I'm a purist on this sort of stuff, and lack of accuracy annoys me more than it should. Fortunately, Ant Man is getting his own film in 2015 directed and written by Edgar Wright. But still, his replacement of Hawkeye is a cool superhero, but it's just the lack of accuracy that gets to me.

Also, could someone explain to me what the fuck Black Widow is dong there?
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:59 pm

token woman
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5135319/
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Bringing in the female demographic? Or... the male demographic rather?
Back to top Go down
KurdtLogan

KurdtLogan

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:01 pm

That's what I fucking hate about movies nowadays: They don't try to get actors who look how they do in the books, they just get whoever'll make the fans orgasm more on sight.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:04 pm

This is an interesting point to bring up. Look at the early Superman movies. Marlon Brando looked exactly like Clark Kent/Superman
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:05 pm

quote our friend: 'I see the films because i like the books, not the actors'

-5 minutes later-
'OMG MATT SMITH IS IN THIS FILM I'M GOING TO WATCH IT NOW
I ONLY WATCHED IT BECAUSE TOM HIDDLESTON WAS IN IT''

its because movies make more money when someone famous/hot is in it.
-.-

Back to top Go down
KurdtLogan

KurdtLogan

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:08 pm

I'd also like to point out that though the original Spider Man films weren't the best comic films ever, Tobey Maguire still looks more like the original Peter Parker than the new guy does. One of my friends even said "I don't care that it's a new Spider Man film, I just care that the guy is fit."

Case in point.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:12 pm

That I agree with. Believe it or not, I actually preferred the original spiderman series to the new one.
Back to top Go down
KurdtLogan

KurdtLogan

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:16 pm

I just wish I didn't have to associate one of my favourite comic book villains, Venom, with Spider Man 3 (emo Peter Parker was the worst...)
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Don't even get me started on that...

Hell remind me to add that to the 'Movies you must CROAK...' page if I forget to
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet : 50

PostSubject: October Sky   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:18 am

October Sky

Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 October_sky_poster

Unfortunately I don't have a link for this one, but if one of y'all finds a link that'd be awesome. I do know that it is on Netflix's instant que.

Okay, so this is a bibliographical movie based on a small town coal miner's son who has an interest in rocketry and strives for a career other than that of his father's. It takes place in the 1950's (one of my favourite movie settings).

So this is a nerdy science-y movie that I just can't get enough of. I first watched it in my science class in sixth grade and I fell in love with it. The actors are wonderful and the imagery is beautiful. There's a nice balance of drama, humor, angst, information throughout the movie.

I highly recommend it. Even if you're not into science or rocketry, watch it. It's so good.

Okay, enough babble from me.

Seriously watch it.

Now.
Back to top Go down
http://theftmdiaries.wordpress.com
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:21 am

Good taste, Death! Good taste!

Such a heartfelt tale! Especially since my dad's a rocket scientist!
Back to top Go down
Liria

Liria

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:31 am

This explains so much.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:33 am

Like what?
Back to top Go down
Liria

Liria

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:34 am

Innocently- Nothing!
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 5:37 am

Death's Conveniently Placed Quote of The Day (P.S. I'll give you a +1 if you know where it's from):

"This is what happens when a rocket scientist and a brain surgeon reproduce."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:26 pm

Plan 9 From Outer Space

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVc5EGm14IA

Why: Now, you all (assuming you've either watched it already or just did) are probably asking yourselves 'Why didn't I put this in the 'CROAK before seeing' page'. Rest assured, I still have a firm grasp on reality. But this movie is so phenomenally... no, extraordinarily.... NO... it is so MIRACULOUSLY bad that it's a delight to watch!

I mean, it fails on every single level! Now a little disclosure, this is a black and white, old time, corny classic alien film. I absolutely LOVE these kind of movies! They might be one of my favorite genre's! I love how badly it's acted, directed, edited, shot, written, and produced! It's laughable from beginning to end! Every flaw sends my sides splitting!

Not a single thing was done right! It's hilarious to watch and I recommend everyone watch this movie at bare minimum once and witness the movie that should have me reeling in rage but instead make me die of laughter! I say 'Thank you Ed Wood for this schlock-fest that I treasure so much!"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 4:20 pm

V for Vendetta

Link: ill put it later

Why: if a single line (or rather a lengthy line) of dialogue within the first few minutes of the movie can transfix you, you know you're in for a treat.

Now I will confess I don't know much about the original source material but any good movie should be able to overcome that barrier and that was one of the greatest strengths to this movie. The story was easy to follow, very exciting and well written. I felt invested the whole way through.

The setting of the movie was one that both intrigued and horrified me like it was supposed to and the main character, V, oh sweet Jesus where do I start with this guy?

He is one of the most interesting movie heroes put on film I think. I'm trying not to give anything away so bare with me. He was a mystery, an inspiration, a comedian, a shady figure and a likable character... All in one movie. Hugo Weaving (agent smith) actually played him, and portrayed a character that could constantly keep you guessing. He'd be a civil gentlemen and than a manipulative plotter to a hero of the people. He was hands down my favorite part of the movie. Not that there were few aspects to choose from to like.

The action was very stylized and impressive with great effects that really made the fight scenes mesmerizing to watch. The script was beautifully written and the actors and actresses all played their roles very convincingly. The cinematographer really knew what they were doing as well. Lastly, I enjoyed the culture of the world in which its run by this soul crushing dictatorship and the publics reaction to all V was doing. I enjoyed how you could almost see the wheels in the generic characters minds turn over V's proclamations and reveals. It gets to a point where the people are making fun of the people they started at the beginning of the movie fearing to the core and then eventually rising against them.

In summation, I suggest a viewing. You won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptySat May 04, 2013 6:19 pm

Watch Star Wars.
May the fawkes be with you.

Enough said.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptySat May 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Truer words have never been spoken
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 EmptySat May 04, 2013 8:18 pm

May the mass times acceleration be with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies One Must See Before They Croak
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next