Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Disney cynder Ovauzhar dustypaws Lulu liam Amythyst sherbet kerrigan Lumina sound krystal black Joachim snape moon
Affiliates
free forum

Movies One Must See Before They Croak

Go down 
+10
Cynder Dustypaws
Liria
KurdtLogan
Wrath'stwinSinXx
DeathDolohov
Tempest Black
Meredia
Phoenix Flame
RiverSeth
CrouchJunior
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Movies One Must See Before They Croak Empty
PostSubject: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:56 am

So the other day I was speaking with someone who didn't know what James Cameron's Titanic was. Being an adamant film major and a fair gentlemen, I proceeded to explain the film to him as I rained my fist upon the ill-informed man.

Okay that last part didn't happen but he WAS not informed of what the movie was or how monumental it was.

It made me fear for anyone who has not seen some of the greatest joys in cinema history. So to help correct this issue in my own way and for my own peace of mind, I've decided to compile a list of 'Movies One Must See Before They Croak.'

On this page I'll include links to movies that I feel are simply too wondrous an experience to deny any human being for your viewing pleasure. I'll also include a brief dissertation as to why this movie is amazing and I'd appreciate any feedback on them if you so watched them yourself (be it you had done so perviously or for the first time).

Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: The Matrix   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 1:01 am

Movies One Must See Before They Croak The_Matrix_Poster

Link: http://megashare.info/watch-the-matrix--online-TVRBeA

WHY: This movie is a masterpiece of special effects. As well, the story is one that REALLY makes you ask questions about the world around you. This is actually the movie that got me into video production so it has a deep routed sentimental value to me.

The Wachowski brothers really made art with this movie and the movie is almost in our fairy tales it's so well known. It follows the archetypical 'Hero's Journey' perfectly and it's just an amazing tale.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:32 am

your going to hate me because i am uneducated in the world of films as i dont watch them.
My dad has a list of films that are banned in my house.
Titanic is top of the list.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 2:15 pm

Titanic is a complete and utter retch-fest anyway
way too cheesy and... -gags-

More melodramatic than Amateur plays.

X-MEN.
^that's all i have to say

Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 2:57 pm

I've seen the opening of The Matrix, thanks to a lesson on films in English once, and I really do want to watch the rest. IT LOOKS SO BLOODY AWESOME. And I played the video game on Xbox when I was about 10.

I haven't seen Titanic :/

Back to top Go down
http://theheylinhawk.tumblr.com
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:15 pm

The Titanic is a masterpiece of both cinematography and story pacing. You really become invested in all the characters, even the minor ones. It's been universally accepted that the closest thing to a perfect movie in terms of all the things only guys like me look for is Titanic.

But anyways, next movie one must see before they croak:

The Silence of the Lambs

Movies One Must See Before They Croak 220px-The_Silence_of_the_Lambs_poster

Link: http://megashare.info/watch-the-silence-of-the-lambs-online-TXpJeU1nPT0

WHY: If you're a fan of a strong, fascinating lead character, this movie is for you. It's brutal realism with a gripping story. The main character is such a brilliantly written character, that he's constantly on your mind even when the credits roll. This may be one of the best novel-to-film adaptations I've ever seen.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:17 pm

What's the basic plot for Silence of the Lambs?
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:21 pm

Essentially, a serial killer is out on the loose and an up-and-coming FBI agent, Clarice Sterling, enlist the help of an sophisticated psychologist/cannibalistic serial killer (try saying that 3 times fast) who is already imprisoned.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Now that you mention it, I just remembered where I'd heard 'The Silence of the Lambs' before.

I've gotten into reading fanfiction (who doesn't at some point?) and I found a BBC Sherlock/Silence of the Lambs type crossover.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/387339/chapters/634699?view_adult=true
(It's awesome, but here's a WARNING: very gory in some parts.)

I've been meaning to look into Silence of the Lambs, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:27 pm

my opinion on titanic:
-throws up-

i dont know what you see in it apart from cliche love and a desire to puke my guts up.
-awkwardly shuffles away again-
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5135319/
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:32 pm

I welcome all opinions, so please, no one feel awkward about it, I want to hear from all prospectives
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:40 pm

my only thought is
'bitch, two people could've fitted on that doorframe.'
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:41 pm

That was my only problem with it. That door could've very easily fitted both of them
Proof:
Movies One Must See Before They Croak Could-have-fit-two-people
Back to top Go down
Tempest Black

Tempest Black

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Titanic: Not a terrible movie, but seriously...
"JACK!"
"ROSE!"
"JACK!"
"ROSE!"

X-Men: Not terrible, but none were particularly spectacular.

Silence of the Lambs: I can't do horror. I only deal with gory/torture scenes when the victim isn't screaming and blood isn't splattering on the camera. If they're screaming, I'm running and screaming. (Even the short torture sequence in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (or whatever it's called) was a little much for me.)
Note: I've never seen Jaws, either. Same reasoning.

I want to make everyone watch the Lord of the Rings simply because everything - costumes, makeup, music, backgrounds, sets, special effects, even casting - is gorgeously done. I love the attention to detail.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:25 pm

YES! LORD OF THE RINGS IS EPIC!!
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:36 am

Well in THAT case... because I too agree those movies are beautiful works of art!

The Lord of the Rings Series:
Movies One Must See Before They Croak Ringstrilogyposter

Links:
Fellowship of the Ring: http://megashare.info/watch-the-lord-of-the-rings-the-fellowship-of-the-ring-online-TXpVPQ

Two Towers: http://megashare.info/watch-the-lord-of-the-rings-the-two-towers-online-TXpNPQ

Return of the King: http://megashare.info/watch-the-lord-of-the-rings-the-return-of-the-king-online-TXpRPQ
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:28 am

LORD OF THE RINGS.
-strokes screen- lol

Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:36 am

LEGOLAS

-licks screen-
wait whut? o.o
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:37 pm

All hail Gandalf/Magneto/Ian Mckellen.
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet : 50

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:38 pm

Yes. I like all your picks so far Crouchy.

The other day I was actually talking to my friend about The Matrix and she looked at me like I was speaking elvish. Come to find out, she's never seen it. I just about had a heart attack.

I think the Titanic is just one of those kind of stereotypical "broken heart" movies. Y'know, the group of women all huddled together on the couch, eating pints of Ben & Jerry's. Yeah, that kind of movie.

The Silence of the Lambs is just amazing.

I haven't seen the third LOTR movie yet, I'm trying to build up the patience for it. I don't know if I can sit through a 2+ hour movie. I just can't do it.
Back to top Go down
http://theftmdiaries.wordpress.com
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:33 am

Im having a Lord of the rings movie marathon soon....since i have the hobbit now as well.
Back to top Go down
Tempest Black

Tempest Black

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:39 pm

RIVER. OHMIGOD.

A few friends and I did the Lord of the Rings marathon in one day, with the extended editions of LOTR 1, 2, and 3. It took us 13 HOURS and it was absolutely FANTASTIC. (They said "never again". I'm planning on doing it again, but with all six movies, once the rest of the Hobbits come out.)
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:59 pm

the extended versions are great. lol.
is it ssad my dad and i can sit and quote pretty much all of the films?!
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 3:23 pm

I haven't seen/read LOTR yet, but I do intend to. I've read The Hobbit and seen the film - BOTH ARE ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC, SERIOUSLY. An Unexpected Journey did the first part of the book justice, and I'm hoping it'll do that with the next two films.

I do also have a film I'd like to review as well, btw, if you guys don't mind?
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 3:38 pm

By all means! Everyone is free to post their own stuff on here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies One Must See Before They Croak
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next