Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
dustypaws Ovauzhar cynder Lumina kerrigan black liam Joachim Amythyst sound sherbet Lulu Disney krystal moon snape
Affiliates
free forum

Movies One Must See Before They Croak

Go down 
+10
Cynder Dustypaws
Liria
KurdtLogan
Wrath'stwinSinXx
DeathDolohov
Tempest Black
Meredia
Phoenix Flame
RiverSeth
CrouchJunior
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 7:14 pm

Has anyone suggested The Rocky Horror Picture Show
That's my favourite musical that's a ridiculous musical ever
Back to top Go down
http://theheylinhawk.tumblr.com
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 7:15 pm

willy wonka was awful.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 7:17 pm

Sorry Depp, but leave Wonka to Gene Wilder

Nope, no one yet! Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet : 50

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:30 pm

Oh my god, Les Mis. Why!? I wanna cry now, and I'm not an emotional guy. I don't know if I want to hug you or hit you Ray... -hugs anyways-
Back to top Go down
http://theftmdiaries.wordpress.com
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:02 am

Wow, am I the only person on here who didn't cry?
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:24 am

you heartless person.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:31 am

I mean sure I felt for the characters but no tears
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:38 pm

I didn't cry even though I wanted to.
Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

RavenHaven

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:12 am

Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

RavenHaven

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:15 am

Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:32 pm

http://viooz.co/movies/141-forrest-gump-1994.html

Forrest Gump

I'll put a review later
Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

RavenHaven

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 8:35 pm

This is mainly for nerds like me!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqx4ILEL6xM
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 8:37 pm

And this is for every halloween enthusist/ 90's kid

Ghost Busters

http://www.tubeplus.me/movie/207463/

I'll put an explanation later
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 11:34 pm

Series of unfortunate events

Why:

This film I will admit right now is flawed, but that being said its also got some charm to it. It's nothing masterful but not bad enough for me to stir people away from it.

For me, it's winning moments were some of the jokes they made, particularly from Jim Carrey. That being said, what I didn't like was Jim Carreys irreverence to the character. Count Olaf could be darkly comical but he wasn't a clown. THAT being said, I can forgive this because this is Jim Carrey were talking about. What other performance is he supposed to give?

But his haminess can get a laugh out of you. I also liked the production design for the place, it was like Tim Burton's pg brother.

But the story does fall off the tracks of what happened in the books a few times, but again in the movies some changes are inevitable for better story telling.

If you want to see it, go ahead! You may like it! If not, oh well.
Back to top Go down
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:28 pm

Kung Fu Hustle

So hilarious and well thought out 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m3IB7N_PRk

not to mention I love the song they picked for the trailer
Back to top Go down
https://pottermorerp.forumotion.com
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 3:36 am

Caddyshack

Why: Rodney Dangerfield, Bill Murray, Chevy Chase. Do I seriously need to go on?

This film is one of the best slapstick comedies I've ever seen, and I'm not even a fan of golf. The lines are so funny, delivered well and quotable that you'll be saying them for days! 

As stated above, three top comedians as the talent works to the films advantage. Rodney Dangerfields famous one liners will send you reeling. Here's an example of one:

While talking to an old snooty woman"Hey baby you're alright, you know, you must've been something before electricity huh?"

And it's all uphill from there. Chevy chase as usual is great with his nonchalant yet still hilarious delivery and Bill Murray... Oh swet god, nothing he does ISNT funny in this movie! And what's even more funny is almost all his funniest moment were improvised! He had full freedom over his performance and he worked every second to crack joke after joke that kept working!

If you want a good laugh, take a look!
Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

RavenHaven

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 3:37 am

And Crouch...

KUNG FU PANDA!!! Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 1:10 pm

I saw the Lone Ranger on my cruise.

This one is a mixed bag. Some parts are amusing, some aren't. Johnny Depp as usually is very funny and there's a few scenes that will make you laugh and stay invested. 

But that being said it is flawed. Undeniably flawed.

The almost 2 hour running time was excessive, especially if you're taking a kid to it. The plot gets a bit over complicated but you can keep up with it. Also, maybe this is just me but the villain was just too obvious from the get-go. It was like saying 'hi I'll be your antagonist for the evening' when it's supposed to be a big reveal later. 

It's a give and take film, but personally is suggest seeing it once or wait for it to come to on demand.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 3:31 pm

Lincoln

Why: I've never seen a better testament to acting, period. Danial day Lewis performs an amazing Lincoln! He brings this iconic figure of American history to life so well that I would've followed him to the grave if I lived in that time! 

His acting was worldly acclaimed as it should've been, because I doubt in my lifetime ill see another performance quite like that. I could wholeheartedly believe he WAS Abrahama Lincoln, I never once saw him as Danial day Lewis. Not for a minute.

On top of that, the story (although the outcome is known early on if you got higher than a D in history class) is well paced and offers a new perspective into the political battles Lincoln and his cabinet had to fight to abolish slavery. 

The lines were simply superb and even the supporting cast did very well.

One nitpick I did have was the civil war soldiers costumes didn't look like they truly came from that time period. I was a civil war reenactor for a number of years so I know farb (far be it from accurate) costumes and ones that were made period correct. But again, that's just a nitpick.

Check it out! You'll probably marvel at it as I did.
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Interview With The Vampire   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 1:12 pm

Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 220px-InterviewwithaVampireMoviePoste

Oh my god, this movie.

I love this movie so very much. First off, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise in one movie. It doesn't get much better than that.

Secondly, the imagery in this movie is stunning, the plot never falters, the characters are absolutely believable, and it's a proper vampire movie.

I highly suggest this movie to all of you guys, to remind you what real vampire movies are like (no they don't sparkle).

I don't think words can describe how awesome this movie is. Just watch it, please guys. You won't regret it.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 3:41 pm

I still have to see that one, sounds good though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 3:43 pm

It's freaking amazing
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Valkyrie   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:41 pm

Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 220px-Valkyrie_poster

This movie is badass.

For one, I have a complete fascination/borderline obsession with WWII era stuff, so this movie blew my socks off.

This movie is about a man who was a Nazi and then in a turn of events decides he wants to assassinate Hitler. So he scrounges up these other Nazi's that think Hitler should die too and they plan his assassination.

Fucking awesome!

I will say, that unless you really pay attention it can be hard to keep up with who's who, there's so many important characters in this movie. And keep the volume button nearby, because they can talk rather softly at times.

But I love this movie.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Yes!
Just yes!

That was an amazing film! Smile
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 1:37 am

The Breakfast Club

Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 Movieposter

This movie is a very good film at tugging onto emotions we all have felt at one point in our lives; the social stresses that come from our high school experiences as well as 'clique roles'. 

BUT unlike a standard movie where the clique makes up the characters entire identity, they express the characters in such a way where they're human beings beneath their social titles. 

What I think I enjoyed most was the transition of how you felt about the characters.
Example: The delinquent of the group I started off completely hating, but as more of his backstory was explained I found myself more compelled to like him.

This is some of the late John Hughes's most insightful writing that really knows how to dive into the experiences that all of us want to either put behind us as far as possible or relive as our glory days.

If you need a heartfelt tale, take a look at this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies One Must See Before They Croak
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next