Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Lulu Lumina Amythyst snape Disney sound Joachim cynder dustypaws sherbet liam moon krystal black Ovauzhar kerrigan
Affiliates
free forum

The Islands

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: The Islands   The Islands EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 6:44 am

The Islands Bhu
(The Main Island Ryunim)

Located high above the Unaligned Lands is the sky city of Lemures. Much more a collection of exceptionally large islands than one city itself; Lemures is home to a strange and mysterious race, who have a secretive and dark history even the residence itself are completely unaware of…
Lemures itself is comprised of six total islands, one main one that’s about twice the size of modern day Russia, and five surrounding smaller islands each the size of a small country with various pieces that have broken off. The main island of Ryunim is home to the main city of Giruvena, along with smaller settlements at its base. It’s lively, but only with sounds of business, since the residences of Lemures have never heard of “joyful celebration”.
The remaining five islands are as follows:
Astros: The Island of Dreams
Nochuna: The Island of Blood
Eprye: The Island of Spirit
Treobia: The Island of Fire
Utheau: The Island of Void
Each island was not randomly named. Each of their names is Lemurian words for certain things. Astros means “sleep”, Noch means “fallen” while Una means “life”. Eprye means “soul”, Treobia means “ember heart” and Utheau means “endless”. Astros is said to cause deep slumber and forced aging if you stay too long. Nochuna contains rivers and waterfalls of many different bloods of many creatures. Falling in will kill most, and drinking the blood can be good or bad. Treobia’s flora and fauna are always on fire yet suffer no harm. It is also said to ignite feelings like passion or rage. Eprye contains spirits of many fallen beings; they attempt to communicate their desire to be free to all who enter. Utheau is said to cause long term amnesia, and lingering there you will be consumed by the land; forever walking a path that leads to nowhere.
The plants and life that exist on Lemures are all heavily affected by a deeper force that dwells inside a hidden sanctum unbeknownst to the inhabitants of Lemures. Any food that grows or is made here should be looked at before consumed.
The dominant and highly intelligent race of Lemures are the Entia. A race of winged humanoids that can vary in size and color in their non-human attributes. They, for a reason they themselves do not know, cannot comprehend or feel standard or complex emotions. Actions that may infer they can feel curiosity or confusion is merely deep analysis or logic. The mystery behind this has never been investigated because the Entia have felt no interest or reason to pursue it. They accept it as is. They come across as cold or stoic but truly due lack the ability to feel. This makes them superb soldiers, hunters, observers, spy’s, etc. And allows for much faster progression and growth in their cities and magic. One might argue that there are drawbacks to this condition. The only history recorded amongst their people is by their ruler, kept in a vast and hidden library. The only piece many Entia know of is that long ago when the realms were first coming into being, their (still current) leader Fafnir and the rest of the Entia were a much more lively and friendly race. Able to express vibrant emotion. But one day they were attacked by a strange and formidable foe known as the Totallimis. The Entia fought brutally and many died, and rather then blaming the Totallimis for their server loss, Fafnir insisted it was because the Entia were too consumed with emotions such as fear, anger, sadness, (and branches of them). So he conjured a terrible and powerful spell; sending it all across Lemures which stripped every Entia of the part of their souls that inhibit emotion. At the same time this spell erected a strong magical barrier that has yet to be broken.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 3:46 am

As Luxia rose up, he found his very veins racing as he felt the magic of this land course inside of him. Being hypersensitive to magic, the power of this place was simply overwhelming compared to the more mundane inn he was used to.

If the magic of this world wasn't jaw dropping enough, that was poultry compared to the sights he took in. Islands with neighboring islands floating in a euphoric harmony which brought bliss to his soul. 

If the other inhabitants were as interesting as Terrane, he would be ready for quite an experience indeed. 

Not to mention if they had one of the lamps as she had claimed...

"By the gods..." He marvelled as he fixed his spectacles to not miss a single detail.
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Terrane    The Islands EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 6:57 am

Terrane watched at Luxia's...well...she wasn't sure what to call it. His face was making all sorts of shapes; and it truly was boggling. And due to her nature she had to ask.
"Is there something wrong? You've barely said anything and your just...staring."

As she asked she flew them to the largest island which housed an enormous lake that spilled endless amounts of water cascading into the abyss beneath.

The city itself was lively, but with sounds of bazaars and business, not living emotion; the winged Lemurains that walked around all had straight expressions.

And as Terrane and Luxia passed by they all turned their heads to glance stoically, only to resume their business minutes after.

"Most of us are...not like me. They lack this curiosity affliction you've mentioned many times." She spoke swiftly as she led him into her home; a large dome like room with pillows and rugs strewn about and great aching windows.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Luxia   The Islands EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 9:23 pm

"I am nonetheless intrigued..." He stepped inside her home and looked around, "I hope you'll forgive my gapping, I've not known much save the walls of my inn for many years..."
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 10:02 pm

"I do...need to know why a being like you chose to open a small inn. What benefit did it serve?" She avoided the word want, as she knew not what it meant.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Luxia   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 3:40 am

"A fair question that you pose." He took a seat as he explained, "See a Djin is a being of incredible power and as such widespread knowledge of us would lead to very busied lives."

"I chose the inn because it would provide me ambiguity." He smirked charmingly, "I challenge you to remember the name of your last innkeeper. Furthermore, it was a hub for adventurers, ones who might know the location of certain things I seek..."
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 4:10 am

"Such as those lamps." Terrane replied surely, confident in her memory. "I may have one, it is over on that shelf." She pointed to a tall gold and blue cylindrical container sitting on a stone outcropping. It wasn't covered in dust, it was rather shiny actually; as if it had just been bought.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Luxia   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:44 pm

"ahh yes..." He walked over to it, admiring the craftsmanship. If these things were not symbols of entrapment and bondage, Luxia wouldn't have minded setting a few of these on display at his inn.

However it's beauty meant little next to Luxia's goals.

He held out his hand to try and touch it...

*ZAP!!*

Blue lightning shot out of the wand into his hands and forced the Djin back, "Curses. Just like I feared..." Luxia rubbed his hands that were stinging with pain.
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:48 pm

Terrane tensed up, her black wings twitching.
"What happened? What was that?"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Luxia   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:51 pm

"That, dear Terrane," He composed himself as he walked back toward her whilst rubbing his aching hands, "was a countermeasure against my exact agendas."

"It seems the rumor I read about where Djin cannot touch other Djin lamps are true. Think of it like the equivalent of a human whip used to keep slaves from uprising." He adjusted his spectacles, groaning in pain. "Never imagined such a thing could actually be real..."
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:55 pm

Terrane thought in silence for a moment before walking back over to the lamp, picking it up and returning to Luxia. "Perhaps she will let you visit."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Luxia.   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:58 pm

Something resembling frustration threatened to surface in Luxia. After all these years of making little to no progress, the start of his quest for liberation seemed over before it even started. But he held it down quite adeptly and asked, "And who exactly is this?"
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:01 pm

"She calls herself Shara." Terrane explained gripping the top of the lamp. "She says she is a djin. Like you"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:03 pm

Luxia thought it over.
It was highly doubtful his aims would be unpopular to his own kind and two sources of vast wisdom would be much better than only one. "Aye, a splendid idea!" He praised with hope returning to his heart.
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:12 pm

Terrane nodded and popped the top open, a wistful blue smoke spilling out and encompassing Luxia's body.

When it died looking around was a large room similar to Terrane's. But situated I one side was a young, dark skinned women who wore a blue satin dress, gold bracelets and had flowing real hair hiked into a ponytail
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Luxia   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:18 pm

It had been several millenniums since Luxia had been inside a lamp and even longer still since going into another's lamp. He couldn't say he was ever in a rush to get back into one but he had to admit this was a very decent room compared to the one he lived in.

"Good day madam..." Luxia bowed to her respectfully, "Allow me to introduce myself, I am Luxia the Djin."
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:20 pm

Shara stood up quickly, walking over and examining every part of his face, touching his features with her hands before stepping back, smiling gingerly.
"How nice" she said kindly "I thought I was alone. What brings you into my lamp?"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:23 pm

"I have a bit of a dilemma that I believe you may be very interested in helping me with..." He waved his ahds around in a circle and a tray materialized out of thin air, along with a bottle of wine that would make any connoisseur envious and two glasses. "Care for a glass?"
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:25 pm

Shara giggled at his conjuring as she herself swirled her hand and a bowl of chocolates appeared.
"Only if you care for a bite!" She floated backwards and sat down on a particularly large satin pillow
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Luxia   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:29 pm

"Much obliged! I was always taught it was rude to enter someone's home empty handed!" Several generations with granting the wishes of kings and conquerers had taught him much about diplomacy. He snapped his fingers and a chocolate disappeared from the bowl and a second later he was chewing the chocolate. 

Also the wine started pouring itself into the glasses and floated to the both of them.

"But I digress, my point." He smirked, finding it weird to allow these words to be heard, "I seek our kinds liberation..."
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:35 pm

Shara tilted her head to the side curiously as she caught the wine without even looking at it.
"Can't that only happen if the owner of our lamps wishes it? I have been too afraid to ask Terrane..." She held up her gold bound wrists
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:44 pm

"I have cause to believe another way may exist, one far quicker and wouldn't need as much persuasion. I doubt the more greedy denizens of this planet would be terribly receptive to it..."

"Granted a human or some other non-Djin being would be required."

OOC gtg ttyl!
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:46 pm

"And...who or what would that be?" Shara had wanted to be free. But unlike the Djin in front of her, she had no idea how to go about it.

OOC ok! See ya later!
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 12:43 am

"Now as you know, some wishes require more of our power than others." He took a sip of wine, "so imagine what could happen if all of us were together? Joining our powers to grant the wish of our freedom?"

"If we did the conventional method of freedom, it could easily be revoked by someone else's wish. I don't want the fear of entrapment anymore..." He took off his glasses and eyed her desperately, "you understand. To feel like there's an invisible chain around your neck that can tighten at any moment..."
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 2:25 am

Shara's cheery expression dropped with a deep rooted sadness.
"Yes I do..." She rubbed the cuffs on her wrist.. "I don't hate this life but I want much more. But how could we gather so many of us? No doubt they are scattered far and wide across the realms!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Islands Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Islands   The Islands Empty

Back to top Go down

The Islands
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next