Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
moon Joachim dustypaws snape cynder black sound krystal liam Disney Lulu sherbet kerrigan Lumina Amythyst Ovauzhar
Affiliates
free forum

Character Jack-O-Lanterns

Go down 
+2
Cynder Dustypaws
CrouchJunior
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

Cynder - Character Jack-O-Lanterns - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Jack-O-Lanterns   Cynder - Character Jack-O-Lanterns - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Wow. That's pretty good.

Seeing as my dad won't try to make kids cry... guess I'll have to step up. Twisted Evil I'll hide in the smoke from the smoke machine.
Back to top Go down
http://theheylinhawk.tumblr.com
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Character Jack-O-Lanterns   Cynder - Character Jack-O-Lanterns - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:54 pm

you americans have made halloween commercial, along with the english. 90% OF PEOPLE DONT EVEN KNOW IT WAS ORIGINALLY A PAGAN FESTIVAL, AND IT ALWAYS WILL BE.

k.

<-- despises westernised halloween.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5135319/
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Character Jack-O-Lanterns   Cynder - Character Jack-O-Lanterns - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:10 pm

halloween originally came from all hallows eve, the day before all saints day.
it was orinaly celebrated as the end of summer, and the harvesting.

halloween actualy came from the days where the vale between worlds was thinest, and the faries and spirist were present on earth. to stop yourself being possest by them, people would dress up and try to frighten them away.

hence why people now dress up for halloween.

I bet you never knew i was this smart, people. This is why i dont actually celebrate halloween. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet : 50

PostSubject: Re: Character Jack-O-Lanterns   Cynder - Character Jack-O-Lanterns - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:58 am

........ You're weird River. (Btw I did know you were smart)

Crouch I would LOVE to come to your haunted house thingy. But, alas, I cannot, for Work has a vicious grasp on my body and soul on that fateful night.

(Might I just say, damn, I didn't know I was that poetic) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://theftmdiaries.wordpress.com
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Character Jack-O-Lanterns   Cynder - Character Jack-O-Lanterns - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:17 am

i know im weird. i cant help it.Smile
Back to top Go down
Cynder Dustypaws

Cynder Dustypaws

PostSubject: Re: Character Jack-O-Lanterns   Cynder - Character Jack-O-Lanterns - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 3:59 pm

I always go way overboard with my Halloween stuff. Pumpkins, costumes etc.
I think this year is really for the setting for the kids to go through instead of costume. It'll actually be a pretty mellow Halloween this year.

A lot of years ago, my mum and I made a costume of this horse for show and tell at, like, pre-k or whatever.
And it was of my favourite book character. And so it was this children's book my mum actually found and got or me a couple weeks ago called Cowardly Clyde.
And so I was the knight and the horse was Clyde.
And let me tell you, it. was. amazing.

Then two years ago I dressed as Giritina from Pokemon, so I had a huge back with two pairs of legs there and. Yeah.

Then last year I was a Xenomorph from alien. It was a last minute-er, so only the head and tail and chestplate things are really complicated, and I just wore black clothes along with that.

This year i'm just kinda mellowing down, to probably dress as Layton with a group of friends and then doing my garage up so they can go through and find hintcoins and they have to solve a puzzle before getting candy. And yep.
c:
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet : 50

PostSubject: Re: Character Jack-O-Lanterns   Cynder - Character Jack-O-Lanterns - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:18 pm

This year I'm dressing up as Peeta Mellark. I've got the perfect hair colour and style for it and all I need are regular clothes. Very Happy It's perfect.
Back to top Go down
http://theftmdiaries.wordpress.com
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Character Jack-O-Lanterns   Cynder - Character Jack-O-Lanterns - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:31 pm

oh no, River's right about the veil being the thinnest between us and the 'other world', which is why most spiritualists will do summonings/seances/ whatever you want to call them on those days.

harvest festival was a pagan festival!!! Paganism was around before christianity and most other religions were.

you dont dress up, you wear a pentacle and ground yourself. otherwise the spirits think you're mocking them. -rolls eyes- pisses them off a bit.

i think i beat you all on the weirdness contest.
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Character Jack-O-Lanterns   Cynder - Character Jack-O-Lanterns - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 6:55 am

ah, im a geek. i only know this stuff because i have a wiccan as a best friend, and a pagan up the road from me.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Character Jack-O-Lanterns   Cynder - Character Jack-O-Lanterns - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:16 pm

yes, you also have a pagan as a wifey as well.
:3
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Character Jack-O-Lanterns   Cynder - Character Jack-O-Lanterns - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 6:11 pm

pagans seem to be cropping up everywhere at the moment.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Jack-O-Lanterns   Cynder - Character Jack-O-Lanterns - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Jack-O-Lanterns
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2