Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
cynder Joachim sherbet Amythyst snape moon black kerrigan sound dustypaws Ovauzhar krystal Lulu Lumina Disney liam
Affiliates
free forum

The Northern Mountains

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

The Northern Mountains Empty
PostSubject: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 8:17 pm

High up in the Northernmost part of the realm lies a range of mountains, so tall their tops disappear behind the constant cover of clouds.

The journey through them was treacherous, and time had long ago destroyed the old paths that lead people safely around them. 

And time had stolen the paths that once went through them as well, leading to the village of the Elves.

Once worshipped and loved, the elves had grown bored of watching Mortals age and die amongst them, and retreated to where they could not be seen.

And the village had been born. It was between the two tallest mountains, where the valley could be sheltered from the wind.

It was more than a village, for it had expanded over the years and was as big as the cities they once dwelled in. However, the Elves had never bothered naming it. For there was no one to know or remember the name except them.

Their village was not on a map, but in the myths and whispered that surrounded their mountains. But they knew, over time, adventures would reach out and survive the cold, and they would be found once more.
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Vina   The Northern Mountains EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 9:26 pm

It was early morning when she sat up; though the sun had not risen in weeks and it felt like the dead of night. Snow was drifting down, but then, in the mountains, there was always snow.
She ignored it as she picked up her bag and threw on her fur cloak, opening her door as quietly as she could.
But her heart sank; the elders were already awake, sat around the small fire with clay mugs in their hands.
"Vina." One said in surprise, standing up to greet her.
"Don't mind me." She said. "I'm just going for a walk."
"With a bag?"
She tried to sidestep around them, but one reached out to grab her arm. "Vina. Will you be at the meeting tonight?" They all looked so serious as they stared at her; village meetings, the way this place coped with everything. They had at least three a week.
"No." she said, almost cheerfully. "I'm going for a walk."
A moment of silence.
Then
"You cant-"
"Your leaving-"
"What are you thinking-"
A bable of  voices all at once.
She held up her hands. "I'm old enough to know that while you are all happy to sit here and watch the sky for the sun, I am not. We have been in this secret for so long, I think you all forget the land around us is real. I want to find it again."
"You cant-"
"Watch me." She pulled out of his grasp and walked out the house.
The rest of the village was silent. The elves had grown lazy over the years; once they had been known for their magic and skill but they had forgotten all that with the passing of time alone.
Vina had always wondered if the elders missed the way they used to be; but it was an unspoken rule that they did not talk of it.

She smiled as she walked out of the village. The daunting task of climbing the freezing mountains did not even scare her. Because she was free. Finally.
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet : 50

PostSubject: Drair   The Northern Mountains EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 11:32 pm

After the loss of his village, his family, his home, Drair made his way across the country in search for a new place to settle. He headed toward the mountins in hopes that he would come across a friendly settlement that would allow him to board there until he was back on his feet again.

As he neared the mountains he became more wary of his surroundings. Keeping his bow at the ready, he made his way to the mountains. So far, they were his only hope.
Back to top Go down
http://theftmdiaries.wordpress.com
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Vina   The Northern Mountains EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 7:52 pm

She was freezing. Her cloak was wrapped tightly around her, but still her teeth chattered; and she swore there were icicles growing on the points of her ears.
But still she walked; to stubborn to return to the Village and admit defeat.

Her eyes were focused on the snow before her, watching as her feet kicked it up . The wind around her howled, ready to create a storm.

She gritted her teeth and kept on moving.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Ovauzhar   The Northern Mountains EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 12:47 am

This certainly was inconvenient. 

Ovauzhar had hoped to scale the mountain before the next sunrise, but this snow slowed his progress more than expected.

He supposed that was to be expected when one grew up in scorching heat.

Unable to proceed any further, he stopped and made camp for the night. He set up a small tent made of leather and started a fire with his magic and some gathered wood. Normally he wouldn't think of making a fire as it's light drew attention, but the idea of someone tracking him in this weather was downright laughable. 

Part of his soul begged him to continue, but a real warrior knew his limits and he wasn't about to die pointlessly on a mountain just to trudge through this hellish storm.
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 3:32 am

In the distance Drair saw the glow of a fire. Whoever had the sense to make a fire in this blasted weather probably wasn't an enemy. Still, Drair kept his bow at the ready and trudged on.
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 6:47 pm

When she first saw the glow in the distance, she shook her head. It couldn't be real- no one in their right mind would be around in this.

But then she thought of the stories of why the Elves had been driven out in the first place. War flashed in front f her eyes, a history stained with blood and anger, and she flinched. Because it would never be an Elf around.

But she was cold, and hungry and wanted to sleep, so she dragged her water sodden feet in the direction, hoping she would get there soon
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 6:52 pm

Ovauzhar began tending to his sword, sharpening it and polishing it when he heard something...

Footsteps... Two set... Coming his way...

He stood up with his sword ready for whomever was mad enough to pursue him in this for his bounty...
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Drair   The Northern Mountains EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 8:10 pm

He approached the fire cautiously. When he noticed a figure sitting in front of it he raised his bow and drew it tight.

One step.

Two.

"Hello?"
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 8:15 pm

Voices.
She could hear voices. She pushed herself further, almost falling as she fell through the snow to the fire.

It was only then she saw the sword in his hands, and she gasped. "Dont." She chattered. "Please. I dont-"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 8:22 pm

"State your business..." He ordered them both, staring unblinkingly unafraid of the bow in his face
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 2:11 pm

Drair didn't lower his bow, but he did speak with caution. "I'm looking for a village. I need work and board. Have you passed anything?"
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:26 pm

'You wont find a village that will take you in here. They would kill you before asking who you were." She frowned. "Especially if you walk in holding weapons."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:27 pm

"They could try..." Ovauzhar put away his sword, feeling these two were not a threat, "They'd fail, but they could try..."
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:38 pm

He lowered his bow. "You're from around here?" he asked the girl.
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:45 pm

'Yes.' she scowls, crossing her arms. 'and you are not. Neither of you. My advice is to turn around and walk off, before the Village finds you.'
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 6:47 pm

The former general scoffs, "Let them. A real warrior doesn't turn tail and run when things get tough. I came here for a reason and I'm fulfilling it." He spoke proudly, with a heart full of fire. His conviction was not to be questioned.
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 12:51 pm

"What reason?"
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 6:21 pm

'They were right.' she muttered to herself. 'You will never leave my kind alone, will you? What is this, you come to see how strong they are before you wipe us out again?'
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 7:54 pm

"It's none of your business why I'm here boy..." He told him despite being close to the same age.

He then turned his attention to the elf, "oh that's right. These mountains are home to the elves. Why would I waste my energy on a race who embodies stagnation?"
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Drair   The Northern Mountains EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 4:03 pm

He scowled at the other man. "You don't have to be rude to the lady."
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 6:27 pm

She laughed surly. 'It never stopped anyone trying to kill us, our refusal to change, or to fight back. We hold no threat, yet still Mortals feared us.'
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:49 pm

"Say that closer to me, elf," he warned as he glared at her, "and then we'll see who's afraid of who..."

"But you, boy, why are you here? Surely you didn't think you'd be well enough to chase me in this weather for my bounties."
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Drair   The Northern Mountains EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 2:11 pm

"Hey, don't call me 'boy'. I already told you why I'm out here." His fingers twitched on his bow. How he wanted to just plant an arrow between the man's eyes, but he knew he wasn't a fast enough nor skilled enough to do that.
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 6:50 pm

'So full of threats' She looked between the two. 'So full of war. Is everyone like this?'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Northern Mountains   The Northern Mountains Empty

Back to top Go down

The Northern Mountains
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next