Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
kerrigan sherbet moon Joachim Lumina dustypaws Ovauzhar krystal cynder Lulu snape liam black sound Amythyst Disney
Affiliates
free forum

Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)

Go down 
+5
RiverSeth
Phoenix Flame
DeathDolohov
Meredia
CrouchJunior
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) Empty
PostSubject: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 5:56 am

In a world where we just ran out of ideas...

A group of awesome people came together to build a whole new universe. No set rules, no boundaries, completely new...

So some of us expressed interest with coming with our very own, unique idea. Well here we go! A whole new section for exactly that! On here would everyone please put on here some ideas for what this new idea should be. 

To me it seems like these essential questions should be answered:
1. Genre
2. Plot or storyline basics
3. Time period
4. Type of World

So fire away people!
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 8:53 am

The only thing I'm gonna request is that it's open to fantasy, or based on the fantasy genre. If its just about humans then I'll sit this one out Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5135319/
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet : 50

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 12:41 pm

I second that. Fantastical beasts, please. I love worlds with dragons and other beasts that you don't hear about all the time. Like the Minotaur! Or Sirens!
Back to top Go down
http://theftmdiaries.wordpress.com
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 3:09 pm

That's fair, seeing how fantasy is what united us all together in the first place! Smile

And one thought I had is maybe each of us should come up with a section for this new world and then we bring them together for world creation. That way there's no preordained events and the story can be more naturally.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 3:21 pm

I love the idea of this being fantasy based! It kind of works well with the idea I had for a new character, in a way - and speaking of, would we create all new ones or use ours from the HP universe?

If we had a character based in that area of this new world too that could provide some interesting development and combinations between them.
Back to top Go down
http://theheylinhawk.tumblr.com
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 4:11 pm

I'd come up with all new characters because I can't picture my boys in another universe, but that doesn't mean you guys can't do that. They're your characters after all
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 4:31 pm

There's only like maybe one or two characters I'd consider crossing over but for the most part, all original.

And I agree! We should have one character made for the regions we make to start building a community!
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 4:45 pm

In that case, for now I'll leave Phoenix and Pixie to HP and work on my new guy and his origins!  Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 4:56 pm

So, for these reigons, are we gonna make new sub-topics or just throw it all out there? I think the latter will make it super confusing
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 5:44 pm

I think sub-topics would be the best idea, tbh. It means it's available there, and then it makes it easier for the characters to move between the regions too.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 9:08 pm

I agree! Subtopics would be easiest!
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 9:50 pm

*waves hands in the air*
ELVES.
I WANT ELVES.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 10:14 pm

I have two epic ideas but idk which to do! >.<
Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

RavenHaven

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:13 am

I want their to be vampires! :3
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 1:05 pm

There*

I already have an idea for my realm, no one specific creature, but lots, both dangerous and helpful. I just need to figure out my MC
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 3:00 pm

I have a concept for both my main character and his realm, and the people within it - I just need to solidify some things.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 5:41 pm

Well let's get this party started! I'll start making the categories!
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:43 pm

*whispers*
if i get to involved with this i might just get everything confuse I alreaedy have so many fantay things to remember for my novel lol
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 8:03 pm

BTW if anyone has trouble with the subcategory thing, let me know. It took me a bit to figure it out completely
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Here's what you do to make a new cauldron! 

Go to the bottom of the forum, click adminstration panel.
Click General
On the left in the forum category, click categories and forum
scroll down until you find Realms in the big green menu.
click the plus sign across from it
name your realm
hit save
Then on the forum your new category will appear and then it just behaves like a normal forum page!
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 12:15 am

So the thought occurs to me that some nuances need to be decided upon if this is going to be a complete world IE Money, How magic works, and the like.

To me, just as an idea, coins of bronze (least value), silver and gold. 
10 Bronze pieces make silver and 5 silver pieces make gold.

But the economy is not limited to just that and trading for services or precious stones or objects is perfectly acceptable.
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 12:22 am

Travel? How do people travel? Horse and cart is my assumption but I want to make sure no one has an idea that they're not voicing
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 12:39 am

I'm good with that! That's very befitting of what we're trying to do here
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 7:11 am

Yeah! That works as general travel for the world. I mean my race in particular travel by foot or sometimes teleportation but that's rare. But otherwise what you guys said was perfect ^^
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 6:29 pm

That economy and travel sounds good to me! And as far as magic works, so far it seems to depend on the realm, I think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)   Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Genesis (look, I wanted it to sound cool okay?)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next