Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
cynder black Disney kerrigan moon Lumina sherbet krystal Amythyst Ovauzhar dustypaws snape Joachim Lulu sound liam
Affiliates
free forum

Give us hope

Go down 
+4
RavenHaven
RiverSeth
Meredia
CrouchJunior
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 8:30 pm

Too much is negative in the world but what is often overlooked is the positive stuff. The times when human beings do something out of pure charity or decency of character. The times where you see an act of kindness and go, 'Well what do you know, maybe Earth had hope after all.'

What inspired me to do this was this video:
http://blog.petflow.com/he-gave-a-homeless-man-the-shirt-off-his-back-but-what-he-gave-after-brought-me-to-tears/?f=1

So on this page, whenever you see something or read something that gives you hope or is just an example of human decency or moral straightness, please share it. Show that the world has just as much good in it as bad.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 9:29 pm

When I went to London pride today, a woman noticed I was looking down and getting  soaked in the rain, so she gave me a rainbow umbrella and a bit pride bracelet. I'm really happy that she did and it just made my day. People can be kind to strangers too Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5135319/
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 6:15 pm

So my shop is opposite a hairdressers, and yesterday a lady came in becaus they had been given one of our deliveries. she saw me and just went
'I see you walking to work every day and ive always wanted to say this to you. You look wonderful. Your hair is stunning and everyone who works with me is really jealous because you have it.'

this seems really small, but you have to bare in mind none of my family really like my hair....so this made me really really hppy for the rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 4:53 am

So apparently there was a drunken 25 year old on a beach, calling women a variety of derogatory names and disrespecting. This didn't sit well with one 44 year old man who confronted him about it. The 25 year old took a punch at the good samaritan but missed and called his wife a foul name. 

And the 44 year old took his ass down in one punch, to the applause of everyone within hear shot.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: let's talk about femininity   Give us hope EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 5:50 pm

let's state the obvious before i give you hope.

i am short.
i am skinny. 
i am weak.

People assume that because i'm a slim girl, i can't do anything for myself. Let me tell you all this: you have nothing to prove to these people. These same people are the people i'm now laughing at whilst im working because i now hold the british sparring title in taekwondo for lightweights AND two world records in WEIGHTLIFTING. i also won the title for best female lifter in the UK today. 

Dear men,
i am a lot stronger than you. i will emasculate you in seconds. it can and it will be done.
just remember you aren't as weak as people assume you are my friends

c:
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 3:56 am

So a boy in school was bullied relentlessly by this one kid for many years...

Fast forward a few years and the boy was now working at a restaurant that occasionally took in recently freed inmates in an attempt to turn their lives around.

Who should be one of those inmates then his former bully... who is put under the wing of the boy he had so tormented.

The two start talking, with the boy clarifying that he would treat the bully as needed with past confrontations aside. He further asked why he had done the horrible things he did in their schooling days.

The bully starts crying and tells a tale about his abusive home, problems with drugs and alcohol, his lack of real friends, and the days he was worst to the boy were the days his dad beat him the worst...

The boy told him if he worked hard, he'd show him how to clean up his act. 

The former bully is now one of the hardest workers for that restaurant and the two are now friends.

Forgiveness, not retribution.
Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

RavenHaven

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 4:22 am

So after every transaction at Michael's, when the receipt prints, a coupon comes out right after.  A woman returned a lot of stuff on different receipts and then bought some stuff.  When she was done, she gave out all her coupons to the people in line behind her! It was so nice to see. Smile 

And one time a teenager said I accidentally gave him too much change... There are honest people!!
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet : 50

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 8:44 pm

So, not really something I've seen or done recently, but I wanna do it. With every paycheck I get I put aside like $50, give or take, for charity. Now I've got nearly $500 saved up and I wanna give it away. I don't have a particular charity that I wanna give to, but I was wondering if y'all had one?
Back to top Go down
http://theftmdiaries.wordpress.com
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 12:45 am

Or even, if you guys just have something for me to search up. A medical illness/disease, something going on in the world that lights your fire, something, please
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 12:46 am

My dad had cancer and each year we give to this one charity to help fund cancer cure research... but I forget the name DX
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 12:50 am

As much as I'd love to give to cancer I kinda want to give to something smaller, something that really needs the money and would greatly benefit from it. My uncle has cancer so I'll probably donate to that if I can't find anything else
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 12:51 am

Alzheimer's?
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Maybe.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 5:02 am

Smart asses, they make the world worth while...
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:23 pm

So, I found a charity that I think I wanna give to. I saw a commercial for a new TV show on A&E (I believe) and it's called Dogs of War. It's an organization that gives service dogs to veterans with PTSD so that can better cope with being home from war. I really like it and I dunno, I just feel like that is something that is overlooked too much.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 8:53 pm

I think that's a wonderful charity. My uncle got home a year ago and he still suffers with night terrors over his 2 terms overseas. It's a serious thing.
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 9:02 pm

People overlook those who come back from serving our country too much. I don't want to be one of those people.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 9:11 pm

Well God bless you Death. God bless you. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 9:40 pm

Paws and Stripes, that's the name.

www.pawsandstripes.org
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:37 pm

So this is very far from Americs but it counts
About a few weeks ago fisherman in the icy waters near Siberia spotted a dog stranded on a piece of Ice. Instead of overlooking it one of the fisherman (don't know his name) jumped into the wate, swam through the freezing water and snow storm to push the ice berg the dog was on towards their boat. Afterwards they went back to their ice camp and let the dog join with their sled dogs and play with them, but not before treating the dog with food, water and bandaging up the dogs legs.

It always make me happy to see people risk their lives for animals. They know their living creatures too and shouldn't be treated as anything less
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 6:48 pm

Friends, I'm not going to lie. Life post-college is hard. The economy today is a nightmare and getting a job in a field like mine is extremely hard. You'll find yourself close to forsaking faith, come to the border of depression as I understand it and are about to hand in the ticket...

But then some random occurrence happens and instantly reignites your passions. Your drive gets that boost it so needs and life seems to brighten a bit. 

I doubt I'm making sense but there you have it...
Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

RavenHaven

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 6:59 pm

No.  It makes perfect sense! At least, to me.  I've lived with Depression in my head since middle school.  The thing about Depression is it convinces you that you're worthless, hopeless, and life is not worth living.  But then you meet someone, like a counselor, a friend, etc, and your life starts turning around.  Even though Depression stays, it becomes easier to fight.  

I may not be searching for a career job right now, but I know how it feels.  You can do it! Life will turn up for you! Smile We believe in you! :*
Back to top Go down
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 7:10 pm

So I worked new years and everything was hectic. Bad management, lazy workers, food coming out wrong, crazy impatient drunks... basically pure chaos. 

So towards the end of the night I get a fifteen top and they were pretty drunk, but still composed. I was dreading waiting on them because tips had been awful all night. So I get them taken care of and while they're eating they asked how my night was going. So I told them about a couple things and how my last table walked out because their food was so messed up. This group was awesomely sympathetic and hilarious. Usually it's my goal to make people laugh, but they had me crying I was laughing so hard. What made things even better is when they left I looked down and there we're three  hundred dollar bills sitting under a note that said " you're a lovely person and a great server. Stay strong and keep moving forward."  (Loved the Disney quote of course.) I was just so shocked...  it's not usual for people to be so nice and just genuine.
Back to top Go down
https://pottermorerp.forumotion.com
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 4:51 am

So as you may or may not have read, my teacher went missing a couple days ago. Sadly he's not been found yet.

I started a Facebook group for people who were aiding in the search. In the curse of 4 days, it's numbers have grown to over 300+ people. That's how much this man affected all our lives.

Adding onto the positivity.. as I am in Colorado, I can't aide in the search process as much as I would LOVE to. So in an attempt to aide even by 1%, I emailed every hotel in the area he was last seen in as them to help put up fliers. 

While I was ignored by most of them, one of them got back to me and told me that they'd put it up in their lobby. Goes to show that there still is good will in the world if you dig deep enough.

As a thank you, I'd recommend trying an American Best Value Inn as they were the place that got back to me.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: university   Give us hope EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 1:15 am

so because i've been struggling a lot with my depression and anxiety, and escaping someone who's been very manipulative towards me over the last year, applying to university has almost been impossible.

You ususally need 3 A levels here to get in, or their equivalent. I am currently doing 2, and the amount of universities that have sent me snobby emails and given me offers i physically can't achieve has completely killed my motivation to even finish this year at college. What's the point if no university wants me?

that was, until i got an interview at Falmouth University.

So they're the number 1 creative arts univeristy here, and they had SEVEN THOUSAND APPLICANTS for this course for only 30 people. And of all the universities that were bigger, worse and wanted higher grades from me, FALMOUTH CHOSE ME AS ONE OF THEIR 30. (this was whittled down to 400 interviews from the 7k applicants, as well...)

it just means so much to me that somewhere is actually giving me a chance, rather than staring at a couple letters on a piece of paper and brushing me off. finally somewhere realises that i do fucking care about english and love writing Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Give us hope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Give us hope   Give us hope Empty

Back to top Go down

Give us hope
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next