Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
liam black moon dustypaws snape Ovauzhar Lulu Disney sherbet kerrigan cynder sound Amythyst Joachim krystal Lumina
Affiliates
free forum

A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) Empty
PostSubject: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 2:36 am

Hey guys! 

So I had a really weird thought for a project we could all work on together! So you know Risk and Dungeons and Dragons? What if we merged the two and created our own sort of RP game for the forum?

My thinking is we come up with some kind of concept where everyone on here is their own character, faction, etc. and invent a dice based way to interact and try to prevail over each other.

I don't know, this is just a thought that I thought everyone might have fun with. I was wondering if anyone liked it at all.
Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

RavenHaven

A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 2:46 am

I think this sounds cool! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 4:48 am

I was thinking maybe we can invent fantasy countries and give them categories to rate them.

Example:
Name: 
Short History:

Categories: (These would be given ratings on a scale of 1-5. The ratings would either add or subtract to dice rolls. I'm not quite sure how yet.)
Military:
Economy:
Crime:
Technology:

I would love some feedback and other ideas! I think this could be a fun game if we made it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 5:06 am

I am completely onboard with this. It sounds like a ton of fun!
So each person would have a country?
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 5:09 am

That's my thinking! Smile 

But what would we use the dice for? I mean that's a central idea yet we have no purpose behind them yet XD
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 5:11 am

Hmm, ya got me, I'm stumped too .-.
I wish we had some sort of virtual dice maker or something x)
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 5:23 am

OH! Maybe we can say like:

"I send a band of thieves to your country!" This would be made to increase crime in the target society.

From there the two roll the dice. 

X Society: (Attacking one) Crime: 3
Y Society: (Defending one) Crime: 1

Their levels for the categories would add to their respective rolls, so if X rolls a 7, his total would be 10 and if Y rolls 6 he would have 7.

The higher roller accomplishes their objective.

Maybe we can have it so the game is over when certain levels are hit:
Military: 0
Economy: 0
Crime: 5
Technology: 0

IDK I'm just thinking ^^;
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 5:47 am

Keep thinking! Loving the ideas!
I wish I'd stop brain farting and come up with an idea xT
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 5:49 am

Maybe you can help me come up with some categories? Smile  I feel like I'm missing some things
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 12:57 am

Okay I think I have a rough draft in mind! Anyone care to tell me if it's good or not? Smile

So in the game, you create your country. Write up a bio and what have you for fun! Here's the categories you have.

Military: 
Economy: 
Law Enforcement:
Crime: 
Technology: 
Government:

Each class will be given a rank between 1-6, established in the beginning of the game. Higher numbers are stronger while lower numbers are weaker. But each number (1-6) needs to be used like so:

Military: 6
Economy: 5
Law Enforcement: 4
Crime: 3
Technology: 2
Government: 1

You can't make a 'perfect' society right off the bat, as no perfect society exists.

The objective of the game is to make your society either the best or eliminate all opposing societies. 

At the beginning of each turn, the player states an action and a target. This action correlates with one of the six categories. 
EX: I send my military to attack Society Y (Military)
Or for self improvement: A New invention is in the work. (Technology)

A move used against another player will result in a contest with that category. Using the above example, if Society X challenges Society Y to a contest of Military, both of them will use their military rank and then roll a dice. The dice roll will then be added together with the military rank.

EX. 
Society X: Military 6 + Rolled 4 = 10
Society Y: Military 1 + Rolled 4 = 5

Society X would be the victor of that contest. As a result of winning, the opposing player loses 1 rank in the category they duelled in. So now Society Y would have 0 military because they lost.

With Self Improvement turns, you roll the dice. If it reads 1-3, your move has failed and your rank decreases by one. If you roll a 4-6, then your move is successful and you improve your chosen rank by one.

EX:
a new invention is in the work.
You rolled a 5.
Technology (which was 2) is now 3.

WINNING: 
You win the game if all your stats reach 6 except for crime which reaches 0.
Military: 6
Economy: 6
Law Enforcement: 6
Crime: 0
Technology: 6
Government: 6

If a society reaches this state, they are the victor and are immune from all other attacks if the game continues to decide second place and so forth.

OR you can win by being the sole remaining society and reduce all other societies to 0 and crime to 6.

Military: 0
Economy: 0
Law Enforcement: 0
Crime: 6
Technology: 0
Government: 0

If a player reaches this point, the society collapses and the player loses the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TADA! What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 12:59 am

This, looks, AMAZING!!
If ONLY I'd played Risk! ^^'' I've only played DND
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:07 am

Oh forgot some things!

Some moves can be used to increase rank, (namely crime) and self improve can diminish crime as well. Figured that went without saying but still.

Should there be a rule about alliances? Thought entered my mind but IDK if it's good lol
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:09 am

THere can be if you want. It might make it more interesting Wink
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:12 am

True, but how would that affecting winning?

Unless...

Maybe you can forge an alliance with a player, and then your ranks can be added together when contested?
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:15 am

Works for me! Smile
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 5:26 am

BUT if you lose the contest, you both lose 2 ranks each! 

Wouldn't want to make it easy now would I? Wink
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 5:37 am

Oh of course not! No game should ever be too easy! Wink
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 6:40 pm

BUT if you're in an alliance, ALL the members of your alliance need to be perfect to win!

What do you say folks? Anyone want in?
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:50 pm

I do! If only I knew the rules of risk...
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:43 pm

You don't really have to, I was just giving risk as an example of what this would be like. The rules we made here would be the only ones applying
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:44 pm

OH! Okay, sorry for getting it mixed up! ^^
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 2:45 am

Name: The Cathmhaoil Empire

A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) Mordor-Wallpapers-7
Bio: A textbook example of a 'hawk born from a kite', the Empire was originally a random clustering of nomads that travelled the various mountains and volcanoes of the land.

Living in fear of a oppressive king, all nomads were forced to submit to any commands this king made, and all who opposed him were destroyed along with their families. The king's power came from his forces, vast and well equipped. Defeating them was a burden that few labored to try.

Except for one day. Born of modest descent, the man who would become Emperor Cathmhaoil couldn't tolerate the idea that a mere mortal could control the fates of those of his home. For Cathmhaoil was beyond mortal, blessed with the gift to see the future with infallible accuracy. 

And it was with this power that decided the King's reign must come to an end, not just for his land, but all lands the king controlled. It was wrong that one as average as their King could flaunt his supposed superiority so carelessly and cruelly. Cathmhaoil gathered the nomads with promises of either liberation, retribution, wealth, or whatever motivating factors were necessary. The growing emperor's gifts guided him to know the right words to say to make other men gather behind his flag. 

Naturally such growing power could not be concealed long.

The king sent his forces out to deal with the growing menace, but the foreseer was of course depending on the king to make the first move.

Leading all his forces himself, Cathmhaoil's rebellion took less than a week to succeed. Meeting on the very volcano that the soon-to-be-emperor was born on, the King begged for mercy at the feet of Cathmhaoil.

Staring down at the man who had slaughtered and oppressed his people for years, the foreseer was tempted to strike down the fiend. But as a man of logic, he looked into the future to see what would become of the timeline should he execute the king. The events he saw shook him, with him taking the place of the king as the tyrant. 

Rather than going down that road, Cathmhaoil declared that if the King should surrender all his resources, wealth, and lands to the new empire that he would receive mercy. The craven royal compiled to his demands and in a single night the empire was forged.

It was built on the promise of 'Those who fight for what they want will earn what they deserve.' Advancement in society was made of critical importance. Anything the masses could do to progress even a single step further was taken to the highest degree. The Empire was to be second to none and so were it's people to be, and all inside the empire embraced this vision. 

The capital of the Empire was built on the very volcano that the last battle of the rebellion was waged in, with a large statue of Cathmaoil standing tall above the king that had so oppressed them. A caption was edged in stone under it, 'To the great, Victory is gained.' Ambition was the Empire's mantra and all strived to become as powerful if not more powerful than Cathmhaoil himself, independent of means.

The army consisted of the survivors of the rebellion, traitors from the king's side offered amnesty, or civilians seeking military glory. All were unfailing loyal and even those who joined out of treachery were pushed hard to make sure they didn't consider switching side again.

The forges in the volcanoes produced many inventions and building materials such as steel, weaponry and other innovations. Although the years of oppression had caused monumental delays, nonetheless progress was being made.

Although Cathmhaoil disappeared from public view, his eyes still ran everything. While some believed him as myth, those of higher levels of society know the truth. The emperor's word was heralded by a series of proxies that governed different sectors of the empire, seeing to it that his will was accomplished to perfection.

Cathmhaoil's eyes were constantly in the future and he saw many things. Other countries and societies that required his vision to create the perfect world he had envisioned...

Military: 5
Economy: 4
Law Enforcement: 3
Crime: 2
Technology: 1
Government: 6
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet : 50

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 8:29 pm

As cool as this sounds I'll have to pass. I'm not a big fan of board game like games and things of that like. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://theftmdiaries.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)   A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...) Empty

Back to top Go down

A RP Game (and other words I have to put unnecessarily because the forum only likes topics with a certain unneeded character range...)
Page 1 of 1