Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
kerrigan sherbet moon Amythyst Lumina dustypaws Disney Joachim krystal snape Ovauzhar sound cynder liam Lulu black
Affiliates
free forum

Is Crouch actually insane?

Go down 
5 posters

Yes
Is Crouch actually insane? Vote_lcap0%Is Crouch actually insane? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
Is Crouch actually insane? Vote_lcap100%Is Crouch actually insane? Vote_rcap
 100% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Is Crouch actually insane? Empty
PostSubject: Is Crouch actually insane?   Is Crouch actually insane? EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:11 pm

I know this seems like a very obvious questions, but REALLY think on this.

Granted, he operates FAR outside the social norm. But insane people have zero control over their actions and it's been shown Crouch has complete control over his actions and is capable of logical thinking (ex. his schemes.).Also he never suffers from hallucinations or disorganized speech or thought.

Therefore I pose to you, is Crouch actually insane? I'd love to hear your opinions.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Is Crouch actually insane?   Is Crouch actually insane? EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:27 pm

He is not a PSYCHOPATH, just to clarify.

Insanity is a whole spectrum, from being able to be entirely normal except a few....quirks, to being completely batshit.

but i stil say no, he's just a murderer and he knows it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5135319/
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet : 50

PostSubject: Re: Is Crouch actually insane?   Is Crouch actually insane? EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Crouch is your typical sociopath. He was abused as a child, and sought revenge on his abuser(s). He has a mindset that he wants to rid the world of a certain type of person. He plans things out sometimes and other times it's just his rage that fuels him.

Crouch is a very organised serial killer in other words.
Back to top Go down
http://theftmdiaries.wordpress.com
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Is Crouch actually insane?   Is Crouch actually insane? EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:04 pm

what death said, there's a difference between being a psychopath, insane and a sociopath.

Back to top Go down
Cynder Dustypaws

Cynder Dustypaws

PostSubject: Re: Is Crouch actually insane?   Is Crouch actually insane? EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:42 am

Crouch has been affected by his past, and most likely has a need for affection.

This drives people to the brink of insanity, but not into it.
He doesn't have mental problems, only just an awful past and a vengeful nature.

No, he's not mad.
Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

RavenHaven

PostSubject: Re: Is Crouch actually insane?   Is Crouch actually insane? EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:29 am

Hmm... Given all these points, I must say no, he's not insane. But he is crazy! xD

Which makes me wonder... Is that the same for Jack? Jack's a sadist who never stops grinning, torturing ANYONE, and even tortured his wife at one point... And he switches from having a conscience to none at all... O.o
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Is Crouch actually insane?   Is Crouch actually insane? EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 12:04 pm

I can safely say that apart from possibly Red, none of our characters are psychopaths, but that's only one form of insanity.

psychopathy is when the person has an emotional defiency, brain damage even. If they were shown a screen with the words 'rape, murder, molestation' etc on it, they wouldn't have any more effect than the words 'table, chair, cookies'. The words are meaningless to them.

they don't do immoral things because they want to be seen as 'evil' (please note i use Evil very warily, it's a subjective term), they do it because they don't have morals at all. They don't realize it's wrong.

it's also in the genes, the MAOA gene to be precise. While inheriting this gene does not mean you will always be a psychopath (it might just make you stand off-ish and have a short temperament) if you've had an abusive childhood paired with it, you'll most likely become a psychopath.

killing satisfies the lack of emotion, they don't feel pretty much ANYTHING. Not even love, sadness, hate...all the things associated with human acts.

whilst they might have violent tendancies, They act like everyone else in society too, but are pathological liars and are extremely charismatic. A lot of top-ranking businessmen fit the profile of a psychopath. Usually they talk the talk but can't walk the walk, to put it in an idiom.

^ and that my friends, is how you get a C in psychology. only a C..
-coughs and stands up-
nerding is over.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Crouch actually insane?   Is Crouch actually insane? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1