Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
krystal sherbet Lulu cynder snape Amythyst moon Lumina sound dustypaws black Joachim liam Ovauzhar kerrigan Disney
Affiliates
free forum

What other books do you love?

Go down 
+14
Cynder Dustypaws
Navy Malfoy
Sherbet&Cosmo
Ash
Jacques Nott
Liria
CrouchJunior
AmythystDolohov
Jade-Wintersmick
Potion Koller
RiverSeth
Wolfgang Midnight de'Wolf
Phoenix Flame
Puffskein
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Puffskein

Puffskein

What other books do you love? Empty
PostSubject: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 pm

I am something of a story collector, always looking for a awesome new book. When I read something new I always want to discuss it with other people, and what better place then all of you that also love the Harry Potter book series? Smile

Right now I am reading the series the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (after someone finally convinced me to check it out). I’m on the last book now, Mockingjay, which I’m reading with my partner, and I really can’t put this series down! (It's all I can do not to read it until she get's home from work!) Laughing

So, what are you reading that you can’t put down? What did you read that you still think about, that really left an impression? What books do you want others to enjoy too?

Last edited by Puffskein on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling :))
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:29 pm

There are some good vampire books out there, Puffskein. Like The House of Night series by P.C. and Kristen Cast, and Night World by L.J. Smith is pretty good too. That second one includes werewolves and witches and stuff too. The His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman is epic.

(Has way too many books for it to be healthy)
Back to top Go down
http://theheylinhawk.tumblr.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Good thread! Very Happy

Right now I'm reading "Son of Neptune" by Rick Riordan... I'm kind of a series junky, because I have an awful time picking books for myself.. this way I don't have to pick something new until after 4 or 5 XD

I just finished the "Inheritance Series" by Christopher Paolini, which I really enjoyed...

Not so recent ones that I really like... if you haven't read "Wicked" yet, you need to... uhm... the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series was good.. but there are a lot of loose ends, since the writer died...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:30 pm

Feeny! <3 Dark Materials... can't believe I forgot that one...
Back to top Go down
Puffskein

Puffskein

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Cool! I'm going to search all the new books! I heard of some of them already, maybe i should check them out Smile

Post as many books as you want! I'm really am crazy about finding new stories!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:41 pm

I like Lord of the Rings, Enders Game, Wheel of time, Dragon Lance, to name a few.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:43 pm

OMDL DARK! I <3 The inheritence series! I almost cried at the end of the last book.
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Night World is good, exept the fact i have been waiting years for the last one to come out!

i do like 'Vampire Acadamy' and any books by Maggie Stiefvater.
(if you look on my facebook you will see a picture of my 'most read bookshelf!)
Back to top Go down
Potion Koller

Potion Koller

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:27 am

I like Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Vampire Diaries series (the TV show is better then book, though), Narnia, Girl with a Pearl Earring, Princess Diaries ... I think that's it...
Back to top Go down
http://ravenclawpotionprincess.tumblr.com/
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Phoenix   What other books do you love? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:32 pm

I love the Vampire Diaries as well. I'm not sure whether I prefer the TV series or the books. I usually go with books as a general rule, but the TV series is really good.
Back to top Go down
Jade-Wintersmick

Jade-Wintersmick

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:57 am

You people have quite possibly the best taste in books. I love The House of Night series and Nightworld and Vampire Academy as well, im currently reading The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephan King and Peter and Max, i dunno who that author is and im too lazy to check at the moment. Theyre both really good and i suggest reading them if fantasy novels are your thing, like mine. I also like The Vladimir Tod series. Smile
Back to top Go down
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

PostSubject: Amy the B.A.D.E.   What other books do you love? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:40 am

I have to agree with anyone who suggests Night World.. definitely one of my favorite series. Although I can not agree with Potion about Vampire Diaries, the show ruined it for me.. The Southern Vampire Mysteries (trueblood) is freakin amazing!! I adore Cirque du Freak as well. Anything by Poe or Shakespeare.
Back to top Go down
https://pottermorerp.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 am

So everybody here reads fantasy? (:
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crouch Jr   What other books do you love? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:08 am

I enjoy many types of books. For example, I like the writings of Edgar Allen Poe, John Grisham, Steven King, as well as various others
Back to top Go down
Liria

Liria

PostSubject: Liria   What other books do you love? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:11 am

I like a lot of books....but nobody here would find them that interesting I think...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Well you should still list them Liria.
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:43 pm

True Blood.
Best books(and programme) in the world!
Smile
Back to top Go down
Jacques Nott

Jacques Nott

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:14 am

At the moment I am totally in love with Black Out by Connie Willis and All Clear, its sequel. I also like Enders Game, and The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. His Dark Materials are amazing. I've also read The Hobbit and I cannot wait to see it on film. Otherwise I like authors like Melina Marchetta and Jaclyn Morarity for some amusing books. And I need to read The Lord of the Rings. Inheritance, of course, and The Hunger Games series, which I read before it was popular. Wink
Back to top Go down
Potion Koller

Potion Koller

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:41 pm

I forgot Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code, The Lost Symbol, Digital Fortress and Deception Point by Dan Brown.
Back to top Go down
http://ravenclawpotionprincess.tumblr.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:32 pm

I read Dan Brown's books as well but in that mystery category I prefer Jean Grange's books...
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:36 pm

James Patterson does some really good kind of CSI-like books, like Private I think it's called. He does a wide range of books, and I've read about three different series he's written.
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:45 pm

I just finished a book called By Midnight. It was really really good...Smile
Back to top Go down
Puffskein

Puffskein

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Finished the Hunger Games series earlier this week, overall great books, I wish the ending was better, still had some questions unanswered. Plus I like a book to have an inspiring ending, although there was some hope! Smile They are still addicting books!

Thought of a couple of other books I have read in the past that I enjoyed:
*Anthem by Ayn Rand
*poetry by Rumi (especially translated by Coleman Barks)

KEEP THE AWESOME BOOK SUGGESTIONS COMING!

THANKS!!!
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Who wrote the Hunger Games? I wanna buy those books.
Back to top Go down
Puffskein

Puffskein

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:39 pm

The Hunger Games series was written by: Suzanne Collins. Smile Beware, addicting books!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What other books do you love?   What other books do you love? Empty

Back to top Go down

What other books do you love?
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next