Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
black kerrigan Lulu Amythyst sherbet sound cynder moon snape Joachim krystal liam Disney Ovauzhar Lumina dustypaws
Affiliates
free forum

Athens, Greece

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Athens, Greece   Athens, Greece EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:56 pm

the capital and largest city of Greece. Athens dominates the Attica region and is one of the world's oldest cities, with its recorded history spanning around 3,400 years, and the earliest human presence started somewhere between the 11th and 7th millennium BC. Classical Athens was a powerful city-state that emerged in conjunction with the seagoing development of the port of Piraeus. A centre for the arts, learning and philosophy, home of Plato's Academy and Aristotle's Lyceum, it is widely referred to as the cradle of Western civilization and the birthplace of democracy, largely because of its cultural and political impact on the European continent and in particular the Romans. In modern times, Athens is a large cosmopolitan metropolis and central to economic, financial, industrial, maritime, political and cultural life in Greece.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Crouch   Athens, Greece EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 8:55 pm

Stepping out of the abandoned home he had apparated into, the new dark lord could feel the ancientness of the city saturate the air. It was as though the grand metropolis had all the effects of aging except for degradation. 

The ancient times surely had left their mark on this place and was exactly what he was counting on. 

The dark lord had taught him all he knew about the dark arts, but maybe not all there was to know. He despised the thought of his master keeping secrets from him but he was about to question his decisions either. 

It had become common knowledge at this point the Dark Lord had used horocruxes to escape death for many years. Interestingly, Crouch had discovered that this power was not original. His master had learnt it from Herpo the Foul, one of the first Dark Lords.

It gave Crouch a swell of pride to know he was continuing the legacy of such pioneers. Morgan Le Fey, Herpo the Foul, The Dark Lord Voldemort, and now Lord Crouch. The next in line from the throne of darkness.

Maybe the dead lords and ladies of the past still had secrets which would be useful to him. And he'd begin his pilgrimage with finding the lost tomb of Herpo the Foul...
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Lukas   Athens, Greece EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 10:51 pm

The kitsune had travelled far to follow the scent of Crouch, utilising his keen senses to the very extreme as he sought out his contractee. After his encounter with Rook, and discovering the wizard's true nature, he decided that the information would be welcome news to the aspiring Lord.  After all, the trio would be working towards the same ends, if Lukas had his input.

Donning traditional Greek clothing, Lukas looked oddly picturesque in the classical city, as if he had once been a native himself. He often avoided going further east than England to remain off the radars of the more benevolent kitsune, but he considered it a risk worth taking.

He spotted his ally leaving his safe house, calmly striding up to him and swiftly dipping into a bow. 
"My friend, I may be of some assistance to you."
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5135319/
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Crouch   Athens, Greece EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:37 am

He allowed himself a brief moment of narcissistic satisfaction at being the one bowed to, but ultimately and unfortunately, his low profile had to forbid such practices. "Rise my friend. One would not bow to a commoner and for the time being, no bows are necessary for me." The words sounded like they tortured him to leave his mouth, his craving of recognition being presented with a feast only to be denied. 

"Please share away..."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Lukas   Athens, Greece EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 10:28 am

He forced a smirk to remain off his expression, realising that he knew exactly how to appease his friend, and making this ordeal so much easier for him.

"I located the boy who helped you in the clearing. He is a Death Eater, or at least heavily sympathises with you." Lukas rose to his feet, carefully peering around the area to check there was nobody watching. 

"Hes also very special. A hybrid, not unlike yourself. I cannot bind him to one of my contracts but he is our ally now." 

Lukas hoped the news would be welcome, wondering if Crouch would ask about Rook's nature. Whilst Lukas had not been sworn into secrecy, he believed his friend's heritage would be better concealed.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Crouch   Athens, Greece EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 8:12 pm

"An ally hybrid? Most interesting..." He pondered on the implications as a grin rose to his face, "and how did you come to meet him? He was quite shy to show himself when we fought together..." Another ally would be an enormous asset in this dire time. 

Not to mention there was a familiarity about him that knawed at his mind that he may finally get respite for. "Did he give you a name?"

He continued to walk through the crowd as he spoke, passing the insignificant specks as they came. They were so blissfully unaware that two of the most dangerous beings on earth had just walked by them. And it sickened Crouch to know there was a part of the world where he was regarded as average, just another passerby that would be forgotten ten seconds later.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Lukas   Athens, Greece EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 10:33 pm

"He knew what I was; it turned out he was seeking me for a while." His tone was one of infectious interest, for it was great relief that an old creature like himself did not have to explain his ways or mannerisms to a human, or at least someone who was mostly human.

He weaved himself easily through the crowd, his pride unruffled by the sheer business of the streets. Lukas could be a nobody when he wanted to be, it was in his nature to be sly and unassuming when the time arose. Lukas noted their faces for mere seconds, just in case he spotted anyone unusual. It would not do to encounter a familiar person.

"Does the name Rook seem familiar? It was the name he gave me, but i would not be surprised if it was an alias. My contracts have no effect with him, so we've decided to be friends." He usually used the word liberally, but he had a certain fondness for the mysterious boy.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Crouch   Athens, Greece EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 5:30 am

"No..." Crouch confirmed as nostalgia and elation hit him like the warmth of a fire on a cold night. The corners of his mouth rose anew, "That was not an alias."

He laughed only once and even then restrained, "Rook, Rook, Rook, how many years has it been?" He asked the air in front of him. Any doubts or uncertainty died inside of him at the repeated saying of the name.

"Oh Lukas, that has made life a million times easier for us. Rook was exceptionally trustworthy, as well as skilled if the most recent battle was any indication."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Lukas   Athens, Greece EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 9:54 am

"I can attest to that." He felt a sense of relief hit the back of his mind, realising the boy had been genuine when he said they were on the same side. "I know his true heritage, and it makes him very skilled in matters of the mind. A human brain would be like a simple lock, where he has a universal key." Lukas murmured this with a tinge of envy, for his specialty as a kitsune was illusions.

"Considering none of us are human, we would make quite a formidable trio." He offered with a widening grin, trying his best to conceal sharp teeth as he did so. "As long as you can trust him, I do too." After all, Lukas had no current reason not to.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Crouch   Athens, Greece EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 7:12 pm

"Quite the triumvirate we would make." Crouch agreed, smirking as he heard the kitsune's envy. "He makes you yearn for his abilities doesn't it? I suppose the pursuit of power is what drives all three of us in one fashion or another." After all, what else would drive the young Lord to come here of all places?

"What, pray tell, is his true heritage?"
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Lukas   Athens, Greece EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 9:51 pm

"Oh no, not at all." Although caught off guard, Lukas dismissed it with a chuckle. "Rook and I would be like two sides of the same coin. I manipulate someone's perception of their surroundings excellently, make them believe their world is alight when they are drowning, as an example. Rook can invade a mind caught distracted or unprepared." He grinned at the thought of the trouble the pair could make, especially added to Crouch's sadistic nature and ability to cause immense physical pain.

Lukas hesitated before speaking again, wondering if Rook's secret should so easily be revealed. "He has what kitsunes call old blood - or to you it would be the blood of demons. He's a halfling, his power stemming from both your magics and a power of a different kind. I'm curious to see how more of it manifests."

Although old, Lukas had never met anyone who had both human and demon heritage, wondering to what extent Rook's power would be, or if it would consume the seemingly controlled boy. The curiousity ate at him like a hunger he could never sate. 

"As you might have been able to tell, he has me captivated. Humanity takes such interesting turns.." Even Crouch's hybrid status had him wondering.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Crouch   Athens, Greece EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 9:57 pm

"Demon you say." Many a tales Crouch had heard during his tutelage with the Dark Lord. Giants, Dementors, and all manner of dark creatures but never once had he heard mention of a demon. "Your fascination is shared by me." He assured his friend. 

That altered the equation in ways he never could've anticipated even if he had the centuries of experience the kitsune did. A demon by his side.

The mere inkling made his fingers in his hands twitch as though he longed to reach out and hold that possibility before it slipped from him. "Does he have any intentions of meeting with me?"
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Lukas   Athens, Greece EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 10:03 pm

"I confess I've only heard rumours of humans with old blood, i never thought they'd be true." He admitted, clasping his hands together as he considered his encounter with the boy. "He's as young as you are, and I believe he mistrusts the Ministry and Aurors for good reason. If I wasn't aware of halflings, they won't be either. If anything, they'd experiment on him." Lukas suggested, not considering it beneath the level of the supposed good guys to mutilate a young wizard out of their fascination, or fear...

"He approached me, so naturally, I'd assume he'd come to you next. Maybe he wanted me to pass this message on." He shrugged.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Crouch   Athens, Greece EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 10:06 pm

Pleased at this, he placed a hand on his brother in arms' shoulder, "This is perfect news. Our numbers could use expansion ever since his downfall."

The sorrow in his voice at the last part was short lived. Although he cared for his master with the entirety of his being, the promise of revenge and the monuments Crouch intended to build in his honor kept him being terribly downtrodden. 

"After I find what I seek here, I intend to meet him..."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Lukas   Athens, Greece EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 10:08 pm

He nodded, clearly pleased by Crouch's response. After all, it would've been incredibly awkward for Lukas to be allies with both parties if they were at odds with each other.

"What do you seek here? Maybe I can assist you."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Crouch   Athens, Greece EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 10:14 pm

"I discovered recently my old master learned many secrets from past Dark Lords. I thought it would behoove me to do the same." After all, his last battle had not fared well for him. An epiphany had come to him in the struggle though.

His skill set was probably those of an enforcer. Granted, a very deft enforcer but his understanding of the higher mysteries of the Dark Arts weren't delved into as deep as they could be. He needed that kind of power if his order was to continue.

"Thus, I'm seeking the tomb of Herpo the Foul to uncover his secrets and add them to my repertoire."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Lukas   Athens, Greece EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 10:19 pm

"Herpo the Foul..." the name sat familiarly on his tongue. The name had passed through cycles of life and rebirths of kitsunes, and the name tugged at the corners of his memory. "I remember that the Inari were genuinely afraid of him, being the spirits of life." He mused on it.

"If he was aware of my kind, he would have concealed it incredibly carefully. Did your previous Master leave any clues?"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Crouch   Athens, Greece EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 10:43 pm

"I'm afraid not. My master prized himself on his discretion. Secrecy was a weapon he wielded flawlessly." 

"I could be wrong, but I have a theory he never actually found the tomb. He found documentation of some of his work, but the final resting place may yet be undisturbed..."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Lukas   Athens, Greece EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 11:31 am

"Even better." He commented, peering at their surroundings as they continued to walk through the dwindling crowds. "I would assume such a powerful wizard would place it in an area not noticed by Muggles, or surrounded by charms which make them subconsciously avoid it. At least, that's what I would do if I was a wizard." Lukas spoke his thoughts aloud, unafraid due to the language difference between him and the muggles.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Athens, Greece   Athens, Greece EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 5:19 pm

"I agree. And based on some history I've read about this place I have a likely candidate.." He grinned crazily as he imagined the power that awaited him..

What ever would the creator of basilisk and horocruxes leave behind for those seeking to continue his work?
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Lukas   Athens, Greece EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Ooc sorry, was out yesterday and had no internet!

Ic Lukas was also smiling at the thought, finding the potency of magic intoxicating to his senses, a warm careess on his skin that warned him of unlimited potential and danger.

"I think my ability to perceive magical energy like you will help in this search. Kitsunes have a knack for sniffing out magic." He tapped his nose to reiterate. "I expect there to be a multitude of traps for such a deliciously dark wizard."

Lukas waited on Crouch for further instruction, barely containing his excitement.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Crouch   Athens, Greece EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 6:43 pm

OOC It's cool! :3

IC

"I would expect nothing less." Crouch licked his lips at the challenge. His craving for power had grown into a physical hunger as his imagination continued to run wild with what was there.

"As for my theory, there is a place here called the Nekromanteion. Once it was a temple devoted to Hades and Persephone, muggle gods of the dead from times long past."

Crouch chuckled lightly, "I don't know about you, but I'd find the notion of hiding my secrets with a supposed god of the underworld quite appealing."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Lukas   Athens, Greece EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 10:21 am

"Considering they were Gods of the underworld too, people would attribute the " bad vibes" they got from the area to their religion." He noted, clearly eager to see if their assumptions were right.

He wondered what precautions they should take, drawing his wand as a funnell for his kitsune magic as they drew closer to the temple. Perhaps they would detect the wards that muggles would seek to avoid.

"I'm sure nobody will pay mind to us."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Athens, Greece   Athens, Greece EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 7:28 pm

Ooc to be continued on Nekromanteion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Athens, Greece Empty
PostSubject: Re: Athens, Greece   Athens, Greece Empty