Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
liam dustypaws Joachim kerrigan Amythyst sound cynder Lumina Ovauzhar krystal Lulu sherbet Disney snape black moon
Affiliates
free forum

Temple of The Watcher

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Temple of The Watcher Empty
PostSubject: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:44 pm

Used as a religious center for Diarmid, this massive obsidian tower is trumped in height only by the palace.

Temple of The Watcher Lava_temple_quick_concept_by_rich35211-d91mz1b
The most common occupants of this historical temple are the priests and priestesses who run it, the high priest, and the acolytes who are just learning The Way of the Watcher. Whether their path be that or a warrior or priest, passing the trials of the temple are mandatory for diarmidian education and ascension to man and womanhood.

Last edited by CrouchJunior on Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:52 pm

The boat halted at the dock in front of the massive tower. "Here it is, speak with the priests or priestesses in there to begin your path. Odds are there's bound to be one group of acolytes you can group with..."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:01 am

She nossed, carefully taking a step towards the temple, overwhelmed by its majesty and stark obsidian walls. "Thank you..."

She slipped in thriugh the grand entrance, taking a moment for her sharp eyes to adjust to their surroundings.
"Anyone here?" It was a question that shed often echoed in Diarmid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5135319/
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 4:09 pm

One woman came up with a small pack of children behind her. She donned a red robe and had shoulder length brown hair and piercing blue eyes. "It is not often an outsider comes into these walls. Am I to understand you're here for the same reason as these acolytes?" She gestured to the ones behind her, "to learn the ways of the watcher?"
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 6:14 pm

ooc im so sorry! I swear i replied to this but it didnt post .-.

ic She nodded, unsure whether to bow or curtsy to the woman, attempting to remain polite. "Yes, Despite the age gap, I am eager to learn the ways of the Goddess." 

Annelise clasped her fingers together, bearing a bright smile with her sharper canines.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 9:16 pm

"The age may be different but commit our teachings to heart, and you will have the power to crush your enemies, the sustainability to endure all hardship and the honor to rise..."

Her voice was stern but inspiring. The faces of the acolytes behind her all became ecstatic and fiery at her words.

"Now then, the rest of you may start your trial while I bring our new acolyte up to speed."

The rest of the younger students scattered throughout the temple's corridors and stairways as though on a hunt for something.

"So one of our very first lessons is in philosophy. First you must know and understand the words before you can apply them."

"What is your preconceptions on our following?"
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Temple of The Watcher EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 4:20 pm

The girl stammered, tensing her shoulders. "I'm really not sure. That's why I came to learn. The way of my people is one of isolation, and it's not a trait i've ever been fond of. I want to be strong, so i can spread the word of my people, and learn the path that you've all taken and embrace it." 

She resisted the urge to kneel, unsure of what the customs were. "I hear the Watcher is a powerful being, your life is at the mercy of hers, and to serve her is the ultimate gift."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 11:05 pm

"All true, but you've barely scratched the surface still." She explained patiently.

"We are the expressions of her teaching, not her servants. Other deities of different realms may claim their worshipped as their pawns but ours is one of mutual respect. Symbiotic if you will."

"She gives us a means to strength and power, we give her worthy soldiers for Alagor..."

"And with that, let's move onto your trial."

"Throughout the temple here are five symbolic monuments each with a sacred text chiseled into them. Read each and then when you have the words memorized recite them to me..."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Temple of The Watcher EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:25 am

She nodded, hoping the language could be something she could transcribe or understand. "I will do whatever is asked of me to follow the path of the Watcher." The girl bowed, preparing herself for study.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 4:38 am

"Good, you show a promising attitude. I must advise haste. The other acolytes are already ahead of you..."

"I shall be waiting here for your return..." She got on her knees and began praying on spot.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Temple of The Watcher EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 9:51 pm

She nodded, scurrying to the monuments. She investigated them closely, attempting to transcribe the language into one that she could recognise and remember. The Dhampirs were an intellectual group; although she had been a victim of their... ingenious methods, their teachings had rubbed off on her. 

"The watcher is like no other: She is your teacher and advisor, sword and shield, your guide and your comrade." 

Annelise lightly muttered to herself, not risking taking notes in case the other acolytes were cheeky enough to cheat.  But she'd already noticed that they were on the third monument, whilst she was still studying the first.
How do i even catch up? 
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 11:07 pm

OOC Do you want to go through all of them quickly or do it one at a time?

IC

The monuments each were a large basin surrounded by obsidian. 

The first was of a large fire, that crackled and glowed with no end in sight.The flames rose to at least 10 feet and one standing far away could feel it's searing heat.

Engraved on the stone wall behind it was, 'Fire is power.' It was written in an archaic combination of various languages, quite befitting seeing how the original Diamidians were all slaves of different nationalities.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 8:15 am

Ooc your choice, so sorry I haven't been around!

Ic fear crippled her very bones. Only Shifters in her realm could withstand impenetrable fire. She was just an augmented human, one who was subject to torture and pain. But then again, the fire could never sear her as much as their words and instruments had.

"The world will be reborn in fire..." She muttered to herself, taking a step back, before steering herself straight into the barriers. She would not hesitate, for hesitation entailed her demise.

"I'm not afraid!"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 9:21 pm

And yet as she passed through the flames, she was unharmed. If anything, invigoration was at hand.

It was as though life itself had renewed her strengths. Under the original text, more words chiselled out of the rock with a quaking noise. 

'Fire is power. Without fire and without power, one cannot ascend. Embracing your strength and power is paramount to the Way of the Watcher. Would she have weaklings in her armies of Alagor? Let not only your strength lead you but the knowledge that you are strong to embolden you and allow you to cross the flames.'

'Next, a trial of sustainability awaits you.'

Before her next was a vast pool of water. to covered the entire ground of the room. The only way across were some precarious wooden planks roped together to form an exceptionally crude bridge that were at the water's mercy. In such decrepit a state, anything less than a crawl would cause the boards to shake. And perhaps it was merely the shadows in the room, but movement could be seen at the bottom of the pool...
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Temple of The Watcher EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 10:27 pm

She was incredibly relieved to emerge from the first test unscathed, gritting her teeth as she realised it was only going to get more difficult.

Her immediate instincts were to simply move incredibly slowly across the water, wondering what sort of potential creatures were in the pool. Maybe it was just an intricate illusion, but she couldn't help but be nervous about the apparent movement. She confidently believed that this trial wouldn't be as simple as crawling across a bridge.

Annelise adopted a lower stance and posture, also painfully aware that her taller stature was not suited for tests such as these. On all fours, she placed both of her hands on a wooden beam, expecting it to cave at any second. 

Would i be able to tame these sort of creatures if they grab me?

Her amulet felt incredibly heavy.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 3:36 am

CCCCCrrrrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaakkkkkkkkk....

With each movement, the boards groaned like a pained man. However her slow movements were baring fruit as she made it to the half way portion of the bridge without any true difficulty... until....

*SNAP!*
One of the older boards snapped under her, sending it's screech across the silent domed room. The movement underneath her radically deviated, as though looking up at her. And then, the unseen beasts shot toward the surface at neckbreaking speeds to block her way to the exit.

As the creature rose, more detail came into view. Green scales covered it's legnthy body, piercing yellow eyes glared upward. It's jaw was easily as wide as a small home and out of it's sides were two sets of eight tentacles propelling it toward her...
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise    Temple of The Watcher EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:41 am

Shit!

Her instincts told her to panic, to flail and scramble away from the water. Toppling head first, her torso made contact with the freezing water, sending a ripple of shock through her body. God, it was so cold! 

The water envolped her in an icy cocoon, feeling the turbulent waves bringing something towards her. She had only seen masses of scales and rows of endless teeth before she had fallen.

Attempting to be calm, Annelise refused to let out her breath, fingers wrapping around her locket almost as a protective charm. Her mind was falling into a state of calm or shock - she truly did not know. Either way, she concentrated her power on pacifying the monster.

Be still.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:54 am

The beasts was about to consume her when it paused, it's fowl breath wrecking of torn flesh and blood. It was motionless in the water for a few seconds before the monster relaxed its enormous jaws away from her.

It glanced at her as though it awaited instruction but then returned to the depths from wince it came.

More text appeared.

'Blue Magma (water) is sustainability. To hold ones ground in the face of death and to maintain your focus is crucial in both life and battle. But then, are the two topics truly separate?'

'Fire is power, blue magma is sustainability. Next face steam and rise...'
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise    Temple of The Watcher EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:12 am

Her eyes had been fastened shut, the putrid smell of rotting flesh invading her senses. She had well and truly expected to die.

Gently kicking her legs to the surface, she broke the water and took in a large breath. She had made it this far, knowing the battle wasn't quite over but that she could do it. She hadnt really needed to use her amulet, but it had brought her comfort and focus in the face of death.

She swam to the edge of the pool and climbed out, wondering where the other acolytes were and what the next test was going to be.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 5:59 pm

"I'm telling you the priestess wants the impossible!" One of the acolytes yelled at a group of them standing in the middle of another domed room. The only significant details were grate underneath their feet and a symbol on the wall. 

It was a semi circle, lacking a top. Then from the center of this circle, three zing-zag lines extended outward.

"What do you mean impossible?! Hundreds of people pass this!" Another acolyte shouted.

"I've been here for ten minutes and I can't figure out how to pass! The others were breezes but there's nothing to know!!"
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:22 pm

Ooc I'm completely lost, can you draw it somehow or find a picture? I'm finding it hard to picture if D:

*flails*
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 7:15 am

Annelise paused, peering past the spaces in the grates. "Steam." She said loudly to the other acolytes, taking a step towards the symbol. 

"Does anyone know how to heat water? The combination of our trials so far creates steam." The girl pointed to below the grates, fumbling with her locket.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 5:01 pm

The group turned toward the new voice. A few of them looked receptive while others offended. 

"Heat the water? Typical of an outsider to think so low of our trials!" One sneered.

"Yes we can.." Another one held up his hand and a ball of fire grew out of nothingness. "We could try it I guess."

He pointed his hands down the grate and blasted flames downward.... 

Others joined in too, shooting flames down the long well and as they did steam started to rise.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise    Temple of The Watcher EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 6:48 am

She ignored the sneering acolyte, knowing it had no merit in a response. Whilst she would do her best not to offend people, she knew the truth was far more important.

The steam was making the room awfully humid, but she stuck with her resolve. This must be the answer. If anything, she felt rather frustrated that she couldn't contribute.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 4:06 pm

As the steam in the room became all consuming, the floor itself started to rise like an elevator carrying them all to the top of the tower...

When the ascend finally halted, they found themselves before a red and black stained glass chapel. The windows showed commendations of war and great struggles, no doubt some of Diarmids greatest triumphs. 

At the forefront of the chapel was the priestess from earlier who stood in waiting. "So you've made it at last." No amount of pleasure or praise could be found in her tone. "And I profess, I am displeased by all but one of you..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temple of The Watcher   Temple of The Watcher Empty

Back to top Go down

Temple of The Watcher
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next