Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Amythyst Disney dustypaws krystal Lulu snape black liam sound cynder sherbet kerrigan Lumina Ovauzhar Joachim moon
Affiliates
free forum

Nerdgasm Thread

Go down 
+6
Liria
DeathDolohov
RavenHaven
Meredia
Wrath'stwinSinXx
CrouchJunior
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet : 50

Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 3:30 am

I love that game even though I kinda suck at it. Aquaman is awesome in that game. Though I always end up using Nightwing or Deathstroke. Sometimes Green Lantern.
Back to top Go down
http://theftmdiaries.wordpress.com
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 4:07 am

Probably my best 2 are Aquaman and Bane
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 12:38 pm

I don't like using the bigger guys because they take so long to recover and get back up after being knocked down.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Way I figure it, the best defense is a perfect offense. And Bane really knows how to bring the pain! >Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 12:27 pm

That's true. Bane is a pain in the ass to beat.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:49 am

Star Wars Nerd Rant

So the other day I saw a commercial for a new star wars show called 'Rebels'. My understanding is it's a show that takes place just after Order 66 and the birth of the rebellion. Good stuff. But here's my hot button.

Star Wars is famous for really unique weaponry. Here are a few examples:
Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 Bluelightsaber
Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 Darth_Maul_lightsaber_reveal
Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 Boba-boba-fett-killed-who-in-star-wars-this-explains-everything

And now there's this:
Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EnergySlingshot

Years of complex, imaginative ideas and now we're at the point where a slingshot gets a pass. Maybe for the Ewoks this would be something but to me, this just looks absolutely ridiculous. Answer me this. What is the practical function of that that a blaster cannot achieve even better? I think if the fricken Galactic Empire could be attacked by guys with slingshots, then it wouldn't have required 3 movies to bring it down. 

Having stupid stuff like this basically implies that Dennis the Menace could defeat Vader and I don't think I can tolerate that. Disney, stuff like this is exactly why the fanbase is terrified for Episode VII. You guys better get your A game on...
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 7:01 am

It's still beyond irritating that Disney is in charge of this in the first place...
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 7:04 am

To me, Episode VII is the do-or-die for disney. So far they've been getting on my bad side (throwing out the expanded universe, cancelling the new star wars game, THIS, etc.) but if Episode VII blows away the audience, they might just buy themselves some leniance.
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 11:57 am

Not coming to Disney's defense or anything, but that is a kid's show. Maybe Disney wasn't comfortable with advertising to kids that they can play with weapons that resemble lightsabers (swords, long sticks for instance). Plus, the mc is a kid so it would only go to show that maybe he'd be more comfortable with a "kid" weapon.

Idk, I haven't seen the show so I can't really say, but that's my guess.

I will say this though, episode VII better be geared toward adults though. If they pull a stunt like that in Episode VII then they're going to lose a /major/ fanbase and a helluva lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Honestly this could go either way. They could totally blow this or they could get it completely right.
I'm almost praying that it's the latter that happens
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:31 pm

I would say you have valid points Death, I really would, if other lightsabers weren't in the same show. Besides, what kid honestly wants a slingshot over a lightsaber?! Very Happy I know one thing, in my youth I played with more lightsabers than slingshots!

I think Episode VII has potential. Consider this, Lukas no longer holds tyrannical grip over all aspects of the production (the fatal flaw that resulted in the prequels sucking many believe), they found a good director who knows how to please the sci fi demographic (JJ Abrams), they're obviously well funded (Disney, duh), and lastly it's a new day and age. There's so much good that could happen here.

The only hurdle Disney still needs to learn though is to treat the original source material like the bible!
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:44 pm

Unfortunately Disney has a bad reputation of not staying true to source material
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:47 pm

I know I'm seeing it the day it premiers (like a lot of Star Wars fans) so I'll give y'all an honest review (without giving anything away) afterwards.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:48 pm

Yeah, can't even get basic American history right... -_-

O.O Awesome!
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:50 pm

Perks of having a die hard Star Wars fan for a mom :3
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:54 pm

(\;_; )/ Why am I the only hardcore nerd of my family?
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Because your nerdiness makes up for their lack of nerdiness.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:59 pm

Oh yeah good point, I am kind of awesome :3
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Now, I never said anything about being awesome Wink
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 2:20 am

Scott Cawthon.

If you don't know his name, odds are you will after I say this:
Five Night's At Freddy's.

Yes he was the creator of this series. I have to be honest, I think he's an inspiration to gaming. At first, he started off making some crappy game that got criticism because the human characters 'looked like animatronics.' Scott wasn't deterred by this, and instead used it to his advantage.

Enter Five Nights at Freddys. I swear, Scott is like the anti-Michael Bay of video gaming. He's constantly updating, innovating, and finding new exciting angles to keep you on your toes. Not a lot of games can say they have a nearly flawless track record of games. His story telling is positively ingenious, I still don't know all the details and I've seen/played the games myself. Anyone could've just slapped together some standard horror game and been content with the jump scares selling their product. But not Scott.

He made a very detailed, very brilliant story and gave us just enough of it to keep us dying to learn more.

Since the series has made it's final game (supposedly), I thought it'd be nice to give credit to such a inspirational creative guy like Scott Cawthon and wish him luck in future endeavors. I certainly will want to buy one of his future games and I suggest you do as well.
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 3:43 pm

Watching old TV shows...
So I was re watching two of my all time favorite tv shows produced in 2007
These are "Charmed" and "The Dresden Files"

Despite being old, they are very good, well produced with memorable story lines and characters. Charmed is about a trio of sister witches (Piper, Page, and Phoebe) who live their daily lives while dealing in events of all things supernatural. Their "power of three" is often what sets them apart from other witches

The Dresden Files follows the story of Harry Dresden. A middle aged professional wizard who works as a supernatural detective. Helping humans and mythical beings alike, all while avoiding death by dark creatures and the wizarding council that is often cross with his methods as a slightly inexperienced spell caster.

I don't always rant, but I could go on forever about why and how these shows have stuck with me and are one of the primary reasons I love fantasy. Try em out if your curious, you might enjoy them!
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Wow, that all sounds pretty interesting! Maybe I'll give them a gander! Smile
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 6:37 pm

I highly recommend them. But hey to each his own. Essentially they came first and then Supernatural came in
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 6:41 pm

Well I definitely trust your taste in shows! Smile
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 6:47 pm

There a reason for that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nerdgasm Thread
Page 14 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next