Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
cynder krystal Joachim sound dustypaws Lumina Disney Amythyst Lulu Ovauzhar liam snape sherbet kerrigan moon black
Affiliates
free forum

Well of the Watcher

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Meredia

Meredia

Well of the Watcher - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Annelise   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 10:13 pm

She took in his information carefully, processing his words before explaining Fierre and the stance of the Shapeshifters. It had gone unsaid in the city, but the shapeshifters had held unofficial power, since they previously could hold off the Dhampir forces.

"You do not need to pray to make amends with our realm. Fierre is just wary of the balance in power in our city. Our relations with the Dhampirs are strained at best." Annelise had been aware of the threat of war, but understood that Fierre had naturally taken a stance against the Diarmid in the aims of protecting his people.

"You approached the wrong faction. Maybe research should've been done, but you could not have known otherwise. We are, after all, a sheltered species." She noted, offering her remorse as advice.

"Amends can still be made, it's never too late for someone like Fierre." Annelise had an idea, but she would not voice it until he requested it of her.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5135319/
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Polidus   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 1:49 am

"Sins and blessings are quite similar in a way."

"For example, the blessing of power can often be abused or misapplied as the sin of arrogance. I believed myself to be chasing a blessing, I was under the belief they held the most power and thus would be the most benefit to us."

"It seems my assumption was not entirely incorrect, but it did become an act of arrogance it seems."

"Know you of any ways I could attempt to quell any hostilities Fierre may have for us?"
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise    Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 10:17 am

She tried not to scowl, wondering why the High Priest had assumed the Dhampirs held more power. Clearly he had not researched their people and their conflicts at all, and she had to try hard not to feel insulted. The shapeshifters would be loyal allies and fight to the death to protect themselves, but the Dhampirs would falter at the first sign of a storm.

"I..." She hesitated. "The balance of power would have to be brought back. You'd have to give Fierre something of equal value as to what you offered the Dhampirs." She had already asked what Polidius' gift was, but she would not ask again.

"Fierre is a survivor and will do anyone to secure the safety of his people. Even if it put me in danger." Annelise was afraid that the conflict between her shapeshifters and Polidius would escalate to the point where both realms were wary of her.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Polidus   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:02 pm

"That seems reasonable..." It would behoove Diarmid after all to get support and revenue from both the shapeshifters and Dhampir. 

However he was capable of acknowledging his mistakes, and clearly he had blundered greatly. But at least he could reverse the fortunes on this one. "Please know I truly am remorseful for my transgressions." He apologized sincerely, "Greater care will be taken in the future."

An idea entered his mind, one that would strengthen the ties between the shapeshifters and them as well as give him insights into their leadership, "Perhaps you could become a liaison for your people and I would consult with you prior to any future dealings." 

The life of an advisor was one laced in luxury and riches, but he wouldn't demean his proposal by mentioning that. This was about doing what was morally sound after all, and he didn't want his offer mistaken for bribery.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise    Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:14 pm

"Of course, I would love to be an emissiary. It's why Fierre allowed me to leave Kastanika and speak for him." She smiled at Polidius, inherently relieved that he would not try to warmonger in her city.

"As long as it does not interfere with my personal studies and training, of course. I am not solely here to be just a Kastanikan, I want to be part of your people too, to learn your ways and become stronger." She insisted, desiring to be more than just the Ravensworn.

"You do not need to apologise for your misconduct, you could not have known our ways." She bowed carefully to him, trying to ease his anxieties.

"We shapeshifters may not have much to offer in terms of financial goods, but we are unbreakable people."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Polidus   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 11:27 pm

Smiling in relief, with a new grasp of a situation that could've easily proved disastrous, he claps his hands together, "Then both our people's power has heightened." 

"I will never interfere with your studies, doing so would be a sleight against the Watcher. And the Giver of Her Word must adhere to them most strongly." 

"You are well met, Ravensworn." He clasped his thin fingers on her shoulder with a pleased smile, "I cannot wait to see what your training unfolds..."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 8:17 pm

"I'm actually... worried about my training." She admitted, a frown creasing her forehead. "I'm different to the people here, clearly. I'm afraid my powers will be different too." Annelise was unsure of the extent the experiments had on her health and abilities, wondering if she would hurt anyone in the process of the taming of her skills.

"what if i make things worse with my training?"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Polidus   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 5:14 am

"Allow me to teach you both about the nature of power..." He offered to them as he put a hand on both their shoulders. 

Gesturing toward the ceiling, he began his dissertation, "Different forces created this Well. The Wacther formed the basis, but those carvings..." He spread his arms out to encompass all the vast and detailed stone images that had been cut out from the walls and pillars, "Those were done by man. And furthermore, did you know this well gets bigger every year? Those are the forces of nature at work."

"All are different kinds of power, but all of them formed a single great result. And such may be the case with you..." He smiled kindly to her. "What matters is how you apply those powers. There is no such thing as an evil power, just an evil user..."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 12:29 am

She understood what he said, trying to comprehend what she had heard. "I just.." she sighed. "I just feel like the experiments done to me won't be for my benefit, and somehow i'll hurt everyone with what they've done, like they'd want me to. I can't see this going well."

Annelise was almost rapt by his words, but she tried not to become too encompassed. She was wary, for she didn't trust herself, let alone in this land yet. It would be her home, she knew, but she wasn't entirely comfortable yet.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Polidus   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 4:41 am

"We can't know that until they've fully come into expression." He reminded her gently. "I assure you that should it appear these forces are beyond your capability to control, the appropriate measures wil be taken for Diarmid's safety. But if your trails taught you nothing, it's that power doesn't come without a degree of risk."

"I for one am eager to see you realize your potential. And should Aloncra not be sufficient, know that my door is open to you..."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Well of the Watcher   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 12:15 am

appropriate measures..?

Annelise was worried, to say the least. worried that her own safety could not be ensured and that the Diarmidian people would hurt her if she ever posed a threat or out of control of her abilities. She didn't even know what she could do yet, let alone master them!

"I am sure I can seek advice from both of you should I need it. Aloncra is a wonderful woman, and I am incredibly grateful for being able to learn under her." She bowed slightly, smiling. 

"My Father.. he told me I had to be careful, before I was captured by the Dhampir. He knew something was coming - but he never said what it was. I feel like there is something set out for me before I even reach my destination." Annelise had fleeting moments of fear, of desperation about the impending future. The sense of dread was one that resided close to her heart. 

"But I will place my trust in you, it was what he would've wanted."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Polidus   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 6:30 pm

Polidus could sense the fear he had caused, and he jumped to correct this, "Oh please do not misunderstand me! That's purely a last resort!" He quickly assured her. "I am more than confident than our angel Aloncra could handle anything." 

"If I can help in anyway please let me know. I'll do well to honor your father's wishes..."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:42 pm

"Maybe you could tell me more about the Raven, if you knew him at all..?" She was curious to see if the advisor had ever encountered her father, and if he could provide any insight into what could potentially be in the future for her.

"I heard you aided Kastanika in their civil war, and halted the threat of uninformed humans who hunted them down because they could not understand Kastanika's mutations." She smiled at him in gratitude, clearly glad the Diarmidians had come to their aid.

My father said he knew you, but I want to see if you remember him first..

ooc (you can say whatever here and i'll go with the flow!)
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Polidus   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 5:51 am

"Oh yes!" His eyes lite up in fond nostalgia, "I had met the Raven a few times. I was but my old master's apprentice at the time, may his blade service Alagor now." In some ways, he still felt like the student trying to catch up to Olkadic. He knew his own experiences had more than proven his mastery but he supposed such was his reverence for the old high priest, who had brought him from the humblest depths.

"Former High Priest Olkadic knew him better than I but he was there at my Marking as well ascension to High Priest. I remember him as a wise man and a great warrior..."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Well of the Watcher   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 10:20 am

Her mouth formed a soft 'o', agape. "S-seriously? I can't believe you knew him so well. Did he ever show you what he could do with his wings?" This insight into her father's life was more valuable than any training or knowledge she had encountered before. 

"I seemed to have picked up his ability to commmunicate with animals - specifically birds- did he get here the same way I did?"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Polidus   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:29 am

"I'm afraid not. If he did anything of the short, it was most likely with Olkadic..." 

"And as of that, I'm afraid I do not know. Typically I was training in the temples and had little time to hear all the stories of those passing through..."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise    Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:55 pm

She appeared crestfallen, trying to disguise her disappointment. "I suppose if he knew you, then he must've liked you. That's good enough for me." She tried to make the best of what she considered a sad situation.

"Do you think speaking to Fierre would clear the air? My gather's name could help greatly, if he saw you as allies. I'm also a clan leader but that's not too important." She added dismissively, not considering herself a leader.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Polidus   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 7:36 pm

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt the situation." Diplomacy was always a good place to begin. And this new information truly could help sway things to their favor. 

He gave her a charming smile, a smile that won the allegiances and trusts of politicians and civilians the realms over. "Your insights are most welcomed. Do you think you'd be inclined to accompanying me for the negotiations?"

"I doubt I need to tell you how valuable an experience it would be for you. It'd give you the opportunity to learn about politics as well and I could always tutor you in some of our ways on the way there..."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:21 pm

"I'd be more than happy to. With a native at your side, you have fewer reasons to fear our city. The only politics I have ever known are the politics between the factions of the shapeshifters. I know how to talk to Fierre, but that is all, honestly." Annelise grinned at him, not afraid to admit to her inexperience.

"I do believe Fierre wants peace and to be allies with us, I don't think negotiating with him will be much of an issue if we can clarify what being allies means for the clans."

Annelise could now understand why the man was the key diplomat for the Diarmidians, for he seemed to have a personality that people could not help but like and trust.

"Plus, i miss home sometimes, i worry."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Polidus   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:43 pm

"I shall go and make preparations. For now, I would continue your studies on schedule..." Polidus smiled once more at her. "I believe the next step in your training is to choose a path..."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:57 pm

She nodded, her sweet smile never faltering as she spoke. "I already have: The salamander." she seemed to find amusement in her choice, laughter lighting her eyes. "Speed is ironically foreign to most of my clan members, the Aviansies. As most of them are winged creatures, our sight and ability to communicate with animals is exceptional. Speed and agility usually falls to the stealthborn clan." 

The implications were not lost on her, biting back a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Polidus   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 2:53 am

"Ahh the salamander. That does make sense. Mine was the path of Ra..." Even in youth, Polidus was a stalwart pragmatist. He knew he didn't have the physical demands necessary for Salamander or Ifrit so he made no attempts to self delude himself. 

Weaknesses were not truly weaknesses if one was aware of them and made countermeasures against them.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Well of the Watcher   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:36 pm

She nodded - the path seemed to have suited him quite well. "Paths... are not particularly offered in Kastanika, no matter what clan or species you belong to. Whatever your form is as a shapeshifter dictates you, and what powers you have as a Dhampir do the same. The freedom here; it's liberating." she ended with a wide grin, clasping her fingers together to try and conceal her excitement.

"Shall we part ways for now? I feel the need to contact Fierre and alert us to our intended arrival. Otherwise he might think we're trying to sneak in and attack."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Well of the Watcher   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 am

"A very wise decision. Perhaps you too have a future in politics." He praised as he smiled one more time to her, "It has been most enlightening meeting you Ravensworn. I intend to watch your career with interest." With that, he went up the stone staircase and Degar rose to his feet.

"High praise indeed." Degar appraised.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:45 pm

"I-I'm sorry." she stammered, eyes widening as she remembered that Degar had watched the whole situation. Did he feel robbed of the limelight? envious? alienated? she sure hoped not..

"I really hope that didn't make you uncomfortable. He seems incredibly kind towards me - and everyone. I can see why he's you- I mean our diplomat."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well of the Watcher   Well of the Watcher - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Well of the Watcher
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next