Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
cynder Lulu Ovauzhar kerrigan Lumina Disney snape moon krystal dustypaws black sound Amythyst liam Joachim sherbet
Affiliates
free forum

Diarmid Trek Outpost

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Diarmid Trek Outpost Empty
PostSubject: Diarmid Trek Outpost   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 6:17 am

The sole supply shop before the dangerous three day journey to Diarmid, business had obviously been good for it.

As large as a small house and well stocked with equipment, food, weapons and other tools, this shop supplied anything that a traveller needed.

Despite it's useful provisions, it's greatest sales came from the rental of their trained salamanders which cut the travel time and perils of the land down considerably. Often they were captured from the wild and broken in very similarly to a horse. With the ability to shoot fire from their mouths, change directions quickly and their neck breaking speed, they were too useful in these harsh lands to ignore.

Even if their prices could break banks...
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 7:43 pm

The young woman had her fair hair concealed between her cloak, her hands trailing by her sides as she ran. Completely overwhelmed with the new reality which existed outside Kastanika, she clutched her possessions close, tongue occasionally flicking out between her teeth. 

Spotting the outpost, the huge lizard-like creatures mesmirise her, drawing her closer to the one sanctuary outside the wastelands. Never had she seen creatures like this. She even wondered if any of the Kastinikans could transform into such a beast. 

"Someone here?" She called out, wondering if anyone would understand her.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5135319/
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Diarmid Trek Outpost   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 7:50 pm

"One second!' Yelled a voice from inside.

Just then a dwarf of a man ran outside to the salamander pens. Sporting a full beard which was rigorously maintained and a red robe that dragged onto the floor, he dusted himself off and looked at his customer, "My, not very often does a woman travel to Diarmid alone from my experience. But in any case, how might I help you ma'am?"
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 7:54 pm

Her brow knitted into a frown at his comment, her slightly pointed teeth bearing into a strained smile. "Sorry to bother you but... What are these?" She pointed to the salamanders, a look of bemusement now crossing her features. "I am not from around here."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Diarmid Trek Outpost   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 7:58 pm

The shopkeeper smiled proudly, "These here are my pride and joy." He walked over to one of them and petted it's snout, "They're salamanders, found only in the wastelands that separate the rest of the world from Diarmid, or Diarmid from the rest of the world depending on your views..." He chuckled slightly at his own joke.

"Extremely difficult to train..." He pulled up the sleeve of his robe on his left arm, revealing a collection of bite marks and burns. "But once you do it, they're more dependable than your own mother!"
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Her smile faltered, but still finding solace in the curious creatures. "Yeah, I can't say mothers are a good role model where I'm from." Although eager to take a step closer, she kept her distance in case they decided they wanted a young woman for lunch. 

"With all that training, I'm guessing you charge for their services?" She wanted to ask more of Diarmid, knowing she was practically blind.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Diarmid Trek Outpost   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:05 pm

One of the salamanders took a few steps toward her, sniffing her from behind the fences that kept them apart. After a few sniffs her long reptilian tongue licked her hand.

"Oh yes, it's one of the only profitable things out in these parts." The midget explained as he stepped outside the fence, "Are you interested in renting one? Looks like Crema's taken a liking to you, rather oddly..."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Diarmid Trek Outpost   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:12 pm

She laughed at the sensation, smile widening. "I've always had an interest in animals." She murmured, before fishing for her wallet. 

"What currency do you use here? Some realms I've been to don't even have it yet, so its hard to know."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Diarmid Trek Outpost   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:14 pm

"Gold pieces are the currency here! But like anywhere else, I'm not above trade. For a salamander like Crema here, that'll be about... 100 gold pieces!" He decided. Since he controlled the supply and there was a constant demand, he could set prices as he pleased and he knew he'd get his money.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:21 pm

Anneliese searched her wallet for the money, knowing if she'd possessed that sort of currency, she wouldve tamed a creature of her own. "It's alright, I shall walk. She's a beautiful creature, but I'll take the risk."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Diarmid Trek Outpost   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:24 pm

"Believe me lady, you DON'T want to do that." He urged strongly.

"This wasteland is probably the most dangerous place in all the realms! Between the volcanic activity, wild salamanders, maybe an ifrit if you're really unlucky and scavengers, you'd be lucky to make it a day by yourself!" He may have been a businessman first but he wouldn't just let a customer go off to their death.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:30 pm

"If I don't have the choice, then I'll have to go that way. I have a way with animals; I can connect them in a way most humans or other creatures can't. " she was renowned for her diplomacy in her realm, wondering if it would aid her in any way at all.

"I've made it this far."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Diarmid Trek Outpost   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:33 pm

"Coming to my shop is a cakewalk compared to going to Diarmid!"

"... tell you what." He took out a scroll from his pocket, "If you're going to do that, then here's at least a map to Diarmid so you won't get lost immediately."

OOC gtg bye!
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Diarmid Trek Outpost   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:36 pm

Au revoir!

Ic her lips pursed into a line. "Trust me, if I could, I'd hire one of your beasts for myself. They'd be an experience to ride with." She accepted the map gratefully, scanning over it. "Any other advice?" 

Annelise did not have to announce her fear.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Diarmid Trek Outpost   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:40 pm

"If the salamander packs all stop and run a certain direction after scanning the air, follow them! A volcano near you will erupt!"

"Also, don't die or get lost, no one will find your bones..." He warned gravely.

Ooc should he give her a salamander or walk? Smile
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Diarmid Trek Outpost   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:36 am

Ooc depends if you want to be nice to her! She'll pay him back, somehow >.>

Ic she nodded, scribbling a message in her notebook. "I'll let my people know where I'm going, but there's only one person who'll miss me." Her voice was flat now, disassociating herself from the likely event of her death.

"Thank you for your help." She turned to leave, placing the cloak back over her shoulders.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Diarmid Trek Outpost   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 4:20 pm

The midget waved her off, but found he just couldn't bring himself to let her struggle and most likely die from this terrain. "WAIT A MOMENT LASS!" He shouted as he opened the doors to the salamander pens. 

The one called Crema ran out to her, sitting down by her side as she had been trained to do. A leather saddle of crude but effective design rested on her spiked back to allow for comfortable riding.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Annelise   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 7:59 am

She failed to hide the surprise on her face, soothing the creature before climbing onto it. 

"Thank you - very much so. I'll make it up to you somehow." She didn't know how she'd fulfill her promise, but she'd try her best.

The girl prepared herself for flight, excitement charging through her veins.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Diarmid Trek Outpost   Diarmid Trek Outpost EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Ooc TO THE WASTELAND!!!

If

"Good luck!" He wished them, praying he'd see his best salamander returned to him as well as he safe journey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diarmid Trek Outpost   Diarmid Trek Outpost Empty

Back to top Go down

Diarmid Trek Outpost
Page 1 of 1