Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Amythyst Disney kerrigan Joachim black liam cynder sound krystal snape Ovauzhar moon dustypaws sherbet Lulu Lumina
Affiliates
free forum

Nerdgasm Thread

Go down 
+6
Liria
DeathDolohov
RavenHaven
Meredia
Wrath'stwinSinXx
CrouchJunior
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
LouisSabre

LouisSabre

Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:00 pm

hell yes! Smile
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 2:29 am

Okay so as you know I despise Ryan Reynolds as a superhero actor...

So when I heard he was going to be Deadpool again, I was ready to hate it...

and then...

(WARNING: VULGAR TO THE MAX)

>.< Oh Ryan Reynolds, I wish I knew how to quit you!!!
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet : 50

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 12:10 pm

I wasn't excited for it before but I sure am now!
Back to top Go down
http://theftmdiaries.wordpress.com
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 4:32 am

Revised List of Things I'm Getting Sick of In Movies

1. 'Dark Knighting it' 
Guys! Not all superhero movies have to be dark and serious! When Dark Knight did it, it made sense! Batman's natural style is dark and gritty! Why did they make Superman dark and gritty?! Why did they make Fantastic Four dark and gritty!! It's completely needless and horribly misrepresents the characters! So stop it. It worked for one movie, leave it alone.

2. Superheroes in interrogation rooms
This goes right back to what I was saying before. When Dark Knight did it, it made sense. Batman was trying to get information out of the Joker. Why did Superman and the Fantastic Four need these forced scenarios! They didn't! They could've had these conversations anywhere else! It was just poorly paying homage to Dark Knight. KNOCK IT OFF!

3. Remaking what they shouldn't but NOT remaking what they should.
So I think there's only really one particular movie this pertains to. Spawn. For those who don't know, Spawn is a anti-hero superhero who's a man who sold his soul to the devil to see his wife again. He wakes up back on Earth an amnesiac and vengeful. He's a very interesting character and they tried to make a movie about him. It sucks unfortunately but I really think if modern filmmakers went to work on it, I think they could make something good out of it! It has a lot of interesting material and the effects have been made better since the original movie! Stop remaking the Fantastic Four and remake this please!
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 1:44 am

A statue of Lenin in Ukraine was converted into a statue of Darth Vader...

Dear World,
I don't always like you, but you have your moments. Keep that up!
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 9:32 am

Poor Lenin ;A;
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5135319/
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 3:55 am

So I watched the Supergirl pilot episode. Here's my take on it. 

I really REALLY want to like this show! Trust me I do! I went in expecting to like this show. I want there to be a superheroine on television with the popularity of Gotham or Smallville. 

It's not like this idea can't work! It can! All the parts are there! You got a good actress to play Supergirl. The effects are about what you'd expect from a tv series but decent enough. 

My biggest criticism is the writing and at the end of the day, isn't that the criticism that matters most?

It felt very much like they were just going through the motions of a superhero movie. I won't say too much to avoid spoilers, but it was following a very formulaic superhero story. And sure, one might be able to excuse that if they did make some other questionable choices with their writing. Missed opportunities, playing certain story elements too early when they should've been kept in reserve, bland dialogue and stereotypical dialogue from stereotypical characters. 

Not to mention, it felt very much like they were trying to bash us over the head with a feminist message with their dialogue. I'm not anti-feminist at all but there's spreading a message and then there's cramming it down your throat. I mean, you have a woman landing a plane falling from the sky and defeating bad guys by herself. You had me at hello! You don't need to make self-referential dialogue about your message, let the strength of Supergirl's character and her actions show the point! Show, don't tell.

This one may be a nitpick for me but I feel the need to also mention that the sound editing needed work too. Background music is supposed to accentuate what the character is saying and the dialogue is what's supposed to make us feel. Instead the music was much too overpowering. But that's a simple correction so I'll leave it be.

Overall, I'm going to give it another episode, see if they can find their footing. But not a very promising start so far I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 6:29 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRSepEkYsMA

Oh my god my life is complete...
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 9:38 pm

If you haven't seen X Files on Fox yet, check it out! It's really cleverly written!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 9:19 pm

OH MY GOD THAT JUST STARTED IN THE UK AND I WATCHED THE FIRST EPISODE AND ITS SO GOOD.

(so many good programmes starting soon, they are redoing 'Heroes' as well, which looks good.)
Back to top Go down
LouisSabre

LouisSabre

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 9:34 pm

heroes is GREAT!
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 9:54 pm

So many people have told me I need to watch it, but I have so many boxsets to watch I never did, but I will be watching the new one.

(seriously, boxsets. so many. Dexter. Once upon a time, Game of Thrones...)
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:39 am

Best Video Games You've Ever Played:

So I'm bored so I'm writing out a list of the best video games I've ever played and I'm curious what other people's are.

5. Minecraft:
As a kid I loved playing with Legos, and I was always drawn to the idea of creation. There's just some charm to taking nothing and turning it into something. And that is what Minecraft is, pure creation. Aside from some restrictions due to the blocky nature of the game, there's close to nothing you can't do. I built a castle in the shape of a C (yes, I'm an egomaniac I know >.> ) and a Greek temple dedicated to Star War. With the sky as the limit, you can easily get hours of fun out of it!

4. Super Mario 64:
Ahh that golden age of video game's adolescents. Picture if you will the first 2d mario game where you could only go forward and jump. And now put that in 3D, give it stunningly beautiful graphics which I say hold up even today and a multitude of worlds to explore and have fun with and you'll have yourself a treat!

3. Arkham Asylum:
For a long time, there hadn't been any good Batman games. Sure there was a kickass animated series, and with Christopher Nolan at the helm Batman boomed anew. And yet there was no good Batman games. And then Arkham Asylum happened! Stellar story, great voice acting, inventive gameplay which combines heart racing combat with using your brain, this game promised to make you feel like Batman and it delivered in a grand way!

2. Knights of the Old Republic:
Not really a secret that I'm a YUGE Star Wars fan. The Prequels were finished and it seemed like no more Star Wars movies would ever be made again. (Luckily Episode VII came along). So for Hardcore fans like me, we were left in a Star Wars limbo. But what's this? A game that takes place BEFORE the prequels? Tells a story not in the expanded universe (at the time)? I get to be a jedi/sith? SIGN ME UP! This game was a love letter to Star Wars fans the world over and is beloved for it's gameplay, characters, story with a twist that threw even me off my guard (I still remember where I was when I saw it for the first time) and... it's just a great Star Wars game. Everything about it was done 100% right.  

1. City of Heroes/Villains
It's unlikely you've ever heard of this gem from 2004 but believe me when I say this, it is the BEST video game I've ever played. No contest, no comparison. It was an MMO game where you got to create and play as your own superhero/villain. You could play with teams, form your own Supergroup or just play it solo. The creativity was limitless, the content unending, and the creators were extremely passionate about it.  You could even design your own adventures and let people play through them!
The creators always gave their players something to look forward to. A comic book series about the game's lore, holiday events, new stories and areas to explore. Such was its popularity that a movie and TV series was planned out for it! Sadly nothing came of that though.

The creators were extremely fair. They charged a reasonable price from subscription, and they didn't delete your characters for inactivity as is usually common practice. At one point, City of Heroes and City of Villains were two separate games that couldn't be played together. But even before the fans asked for that, they told everyone they were in the middle of making the two games one and what's more they were even adding in new content to both games to take the idea of heroes and villains in the same game to the next level. They were like the Willy Wonka of Video Games. 

I still remember the endless hours I would spend playing it (Shadow Embracer, you'll not be forgotten old friend...). Sadly the game was shut down after several years. Apparently NCsoft shut down the production team for the game and I consider it a great travesty for the gaming community. Efforts are being made to this day to bring it back though and I intend to if any of them ever get off the ground. But it was by far, my favorite video game of all time.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Batman vs Superman... vs Capt America Civil War

So once upon a time there were these two comic companies called Marvel and DC. In my opinion, DC had better comics than Marvel. Marvel wasn't doing anything wrong per se, I just prefered DC's heroes and villains. To me DC was on top of the world in the comic book area...

And then the Avengers film happened and Marvel has been skyrocketing past them ever since. I'm sorry DC but it's true! And these films just solidified the point.

Capt America Civil War was a million times better than Batman vs Superman. And here's why:

1. Build up:
Why would DC make the introduction to their new Batman a film where he is in a fight with Superman? That makes almost no sense and the the entire film seems like it's trying to make up for that handicap. The way they should've done it is give Batman his own film, let us grow to love this new Bat and understand him and THEN show Superman's destruction of Metropolis at the end! 

That goes for Superman too! Maybe they could've ended Man of Steel with Superman coming across a group of badly battered criminals with a bat brand on them and give him a horrified expression! That would've given each of them reason to seek the other out! 

But they didn't so the motivations for them to hate each other are completely out of left field! 

But with Civil War, there are several movies to develop each character and get us to understand them and why they would make the choices they do. We've grown connected to these characters and their mindsets so the fight ultimately has more weight because we care about all of them! The timing for Bat vs Sups release was completely wrong.

2. The Fight
When you pit two or more superheroes against each other, you want to make something epic and memorable. I want to remember everything about Superman and Batman fighting and sadly, I don't remember much of their fight except the ending of it.

But Civil War had several memorable moments with their fight scene. I won't give anything away but it was pure Marvel. It was epic, intense but wasn't devote of silliness or humor. They knew how to balance the mood so you're in a constant state of enjoyment. 

3. Clutter Control
The start of the Justice League is going to involve a lot of characters, I get it. But with how rushed several of these elements are, it made the movie feel a bit cluttered. It kind of suffered the same problem as Spiderman 3 and Amazing Spider 2. Too many plot elements to get distracted by.

But Civil War had even more characters in it, but still left me begging for even more. I think this is because the characters had more weight in the movie. They were characters, not plot devices.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 11:11 pm

Why I Hate the Purge Movies

To me the Purge is just a very stupid premise that even the mentally challenged would be quick to point out as flawed. And here's why:

1. No one would vote for it. Ever.
Imagine for a moment you're a politician. And some senator comes up to you and says, "Hey I got a great idea! Let's make all crime legal for one night!" Your first impulse would be, "I'm calling the police, you lunatic. You're dangerous." Even Donald Trump would think twice about it! It would never go any further than a hypothetical in any logical system of law.

Even if by some fluke it got approved as a good idea and was present to the American public, no one in their right mind would support it! I don't care if they're Republican or democrats, no one from either party would get behind this!

2. All the 'benefits' of the Purge are complete bullshit.
Let's face it, violence begets violence. So if you have one night a year where all crime is legal, including murder, more likely than not it's not going to dissuade people from killing for the rest of the year. If anything, it'll make them more inclined to because they've become numb to standard morality. 

3. Even if the Purge was real, murder would NOT be the go-to crime!
Let's pretend for a moment the Purge was real. Would you go out and just kill random people or would you try to break into that bank that screwed you over a couple times with their fees and such? Of course you'd pick the bank! It benefits you more! Murder would probably be only done in self defense on Purge night, baring a couple of actual psychos who would just go out and kill for fun. But let's be honest, robbery is just a more logical choice! It's pure profit on the one night you're encouraged to do it thus helping your life post-Purge more. So the entire structure of the movie falls flat on it's ass because nothing about it is a choice any human beings would make! 

To me what makes for a good dystopian story is relatability, that thought of 'what in our society could make us fall into that state?' With the Purge, there's nothing to connect to because we know that there's not a icicles chance in hell it would be real in any way, shape or form.

The best way for the Purge to work is if you made it in a fictional society not connected to ours or set it in a post apocalypse world. But ironically, by trying to make it more realistic, they made it less realistic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nerdgasm Thread
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18