Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
sherbet cynder black Amythyst liam krystal Lulu Disney moon Ovauzhar kerrigan sound snape Joachim dustypaws Lumina
Affiliates
free forum

Nerdgasm Thread

Go down 
+6
Liria
DeathDolohov
RavenHaven
Meredia
Wrath'stwinSinXx
CrouchJunior
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 1:16 am

That's a good one! Very Happy

12. Thou shalt never button mash. Never. Tis the art of noobs and shalt never be tolerated.
Back to top Go down
Wrath'stwinSinXx
Admin
Wrath'stwinSinXx

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 1:27 am

I don't eve know how to button mash
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet : 50

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 2:03 am

-looks away and whistles tune- I button mash all the time when I'm playing the Xbox, simply because I freak out when things rush at me and I've no idea what the fuck to do. I don't do it on the PC though.
Back to top Go down
http://theftmdiaries.wordpress.com
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 5:22 am

Arkham Origins Review:

So I just finished Arkham Origins today and here are my thoughts...

IT KICKED ASS!! Review over! Very Happy

Okay here's the in-depth if you so wish to read it:
In-depth review!:

Last edited by CrouchJunior on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Crying internally   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 1:32 pm

Every male celebrity i have ever adored as a kid and now has turned out to be gay.

Was i the only person who didn't realise Andrew Scott (Moriarty's actor) was gay or

First Derren Brown, Wentworth Miller, Zachary Quinto, Alan Carr (knew it anyway, just love the guy), Gok Wan... now this

IM SO HAPPY YET SAD AT THE SAME TIME
i think i need help
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5135319/
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:59 pm

I'm nerding out over Starkid and their ability to entertain me with every play they've ever made.

Can they get any better?
Back to top Go down
Liria

Liria

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:36 pm

Twisted is seriously the best thing in my life right now.
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 11:23 pm

Ditto!
Back to top Go down
Liria

Liria

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 pm

Like... The ending with Aladdin.

Mind=BLOWN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 12:28 am

Brilliance.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 pm

http://www.unfair-mario.com/

Most evil game on the planet...  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:39 pm

PS4 Games Review!

Hey guys! I recently played through two games on the PS4 (Knack and CoD Ghosts). I enjoyed both of them but I thought...

'Meh I'm bored, I'll review them against each other.'

And so here we are, Knack vs CoD!

Combat:
Knack's combat is very straightforward and repetitive. You only have an arsenal of 5 attacks you can do, and three of them are supermoves. As well, you have a (for lack of a better term) Sonic-style homing attack. This attack was by far the worst one for a simple reason of inconsistent accuracy. Sometimes it could hit the head of a pin from yards away, and others it couldn't hit the Empire State Building if Knack was standing next to it. Also combat takes a long time to get actually exciting. You see Knack is basically a creature that can grow and shrink for whatever occasion he needs. Obviously as he gets bigger he gets stronger. But you start out nearly every level as a pipesque that is killed in a single move. But once you're big... you are a force of fucking destruction that specializes in ruining people's days! When you get to this part and you're crushing foes left and right, that is fun I'll admit! This would be a great concept and make for exciting battles to have to mix and match forms except you have no control over when you can use what form! That's just a still-buried goldmine you could've opened, instead of strictly linear combat.

CoD is a game designed specifically for combat! You've got nearly endless combinations of weapons and strategy you can apply to suit every type of gamer's needs. Whether you're a stealthy sniper (like my friend) or a berserker juggernaut (me) you'll find your niche. 

Superior: CoD 

Story:
Knack sadly is a lot of untapped promise. The world itself was pretty interesting but we never get fully immersed in it because we're given next to nothing about it to get invested in. For example, there are these enemies called goblins (guess what they look like?) that are trying to drive out humans from the cities or whatever. And I found myself wondering, 'well yeah why DID the humans start fighting the goblins in the first place? And why am I fighting for the humans now?' And if you're looking for an answer, please tell me it for I have no idea. The characters were despicably apathetic and stupid at times. And I found myself constantly hating the HEROES AND THE VILLAINS! Isn't that like, impossible? The heroes were to me a bunch of assholes who couldn't do anything without me and there's virtually no motivation behind the villain's deeds. It just feels like he's a villain just to piss me off and by god he succeeded.

CoD is often chastised for it's story, but I feel this is an unfair label particularly with this latest addition. It was interesting, exciting and threw me for more than a few loops. And if a game can surprise ME with a story that's saying something. 

Superior: CoD

Replay Value:
Knack's storyline, while flawed in several ways, gave one reason to replay it and one alone. The upgrades. Throughout the story you only get a couple of them and parts to other ones. I'm at least mildly curious what some of them would do. If I was to replay, I'd skip the cutscenes and just go straight to finding the missing parts.

CoD's storyline on the other hand has no reason to go back to it. You completed the mission and unless you're one of those trophy fanatics (I'm not) you won't find much cause to replay it at all. Multiplayer you'll revisit every time your friends are over but that's about it.

Superior: Knack

Verdict:
While Knack was a great idea for a game and had it been executed right could've been incredible, it had far too much promise that was undelivered. CoD you basically got what you came for and then some. You got more options, more thinking, more excitement and overall more fun!

I declare CoD the Winner!
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 12:25 pm

Warning I am fangirling to the extreme right now, this is the result of it. Read at your own discretion.

OMFG! MAGNUS GLITTER BANE ALEC SENT ME A PM ON FANFICTION ABOUT MY STORY!!!!!!!!! SHE'S AN UBER POPULAR MALEC WRITER AND SHE LIKES MY STORY!!!!! ABDOBTBSKOBTBSJOABDBTKSPNTBSHIAKBTBSOSKBFBFISK!!!!!!!!!!

-JUMPS UP AND DOWN SCREAMING IN EXCITEMENT-
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 5:29 am

Favorite Movie Characters:

I just feel like writing, and I'd love to hear other people's favorite movie characters are:

1. Darth Vader from Star Wars- This was my very first villain and still remains one of my favorites. He encompassed all that was evil and tyrannical about the Empire in Star Wars and had a legendary design. I challenge you to find a person that doesn't know who you're talking about when you breath raspy and say 'I am your father.'That's another thing, his twist was really deep and awe-inspiring. I know I freaked the first moment I heard that line. Now just imagine the reaction from an audience when cinema was YOUNG. And I was even more surprised when Vader switched sides! Also consider, that a lot of the emotion he had to convey he couldn't because of his face concealing mask. So his use of pauses, the Force and his words held a lot more meaning because of it. He's the ultimate redeemed character, going from evil incarnate to a savior!
  2. Neo from the Matrix- This hero perfectly embodies the Archetypical Heroes Journey. He starts out feeling this urge that all of us probably have felt at one point or another that we're missing some part of the world. And the part Neo is missing is that his world is fake and run by machines to enslave humanity. Pretty huge gap. So naturally he has a hard time embracing this new life he's chosen but ultimately rises to the occasion and kicks some serious ass! 
  3. Indiana Jones from Raiders of the Lost Ark- Last Crusade (No one dare bring up up That-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named D:< ) - This is a really awesome hero! He was one of my first icons growing up. He had it all, the great lines, the awesome fights, the cool design, that rough and tumble yet still moral exterior, he was a true badass... one that Hollywood needed to leave alone after his three triumphs. 
  4. The Joker from the Dark Knight- Holy shit, I've never been more terrified of a comic book character come to life anymore than this one. And that's exactly what the Joker is. He's funny at times but he's also naturally terrifying. Unlike Vader who has a clear goal of eliminating the rebellion, Joker's goal is the complete absence of a goal. He just does what he does for no other reason than to do it. That is a perfect embodiment of what the Joker represents. Discord and insanity.
  5. Sarah Connor from the Terminator- What I love most about Sarah is her transformation in the movie. She starts off as a common woman you'd pass on the street every day and not give another thought about. But then a futuristic machine of death and a rugged survivor of the apocalypse comes into the equation. And after she's vanquished her threat, she goes on to become a badass commando fighting a war that hasn't even started yet but she knows is coming. She teaches her son all she knows to get him ready to lead the human race, and the rest of the world sees her as a lunatic (which is understandable, I mean a army-style lady comes up to you and yells at you about a robot from the future out to kill you, what would you think?). But of course underneath that fierce exterior is a woman who wants to do good for the world even if she has to martyr herself to do it.

Last edited by CrouchJunior on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 1:55 pm

My favorite movie characters. A lot of these I'm going to get tattooed on my sleeve (that I mentioned in the random thoughts thread)

1. Imotehp from The Mummy: This guy is the freakiest bad guy ever. He's a mummy that was accidentally brought back to life and he's gonna kill those who raided his tomb and take over the world. How much more badass do you get than that? This guy also freaked me out as a kid and now I am deathly afraid of mummies. I can't do it. Can look at them or anything. I'm getting him on my sleeve.

2. John Kramer from the Saw series: I just love this guy. I also wanna give props to those who developed his character and his reasoning behind everything throughout the series. -slow clap- Okay! So this guy made the list because I don't think I've ever sided with a serial killer as much as him. He has a legit and pretty damn good excuse for doing what he does. I love the lesson that he's trying to teach people; life is meant to be cherished. I live by that principle now. Plus, the whole psychology behind him is bloody brilliant. I love him a lot but I'll be getting a tattoo of Billy the Puppet with the famous words "I want to play a game" on my sleeve.

3. Rick O'Connell from The Mummy: First off, who doesn't love a badass gunslinger? This guy is hilarious throughout the movie and making light of a serious situation most of the time. He is freaking amazing. A lot of my favorite classic movie scenes are with him in it. I just. He's amazing.

4. Sweeney Todd from Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street: This character reminds me a lot of Death. He's very to himself and quiet but he has a murderous streak. He goes from being a naive young man to a prison hardened, revenge fueled, man. His story is captivating and I was rooting for him from the beginning. I'll be getting him in my sleeve as well. 

5. Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians: I'm obsessed with him. He's mischievous and playful and a child at heart. I love him so much as you can probably see.... He may go on my sleeve, not sure yet.

I second all of Crouch's choices as well so I won't repeat them here.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Awesome choices Death! I LOVE the mummy movies! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 7:50 pm

SWEENEEYYYYY TOODDDDDDDDD

I adore this filmmmmmmm.
(my mum hates it. she is mad.)
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:33 pm

The first two Mummy films were good but I didn't like the third one. It was way too off the main plot to flow with the storyline.

If you don't like Sweeney Todd we can't be friends.
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:36 pm

I love it.
Mind you, i love every Tim film. BUt sweeney todd is one of the best.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Tell me about it! I mean Egypt, Egypt, China. The Fuck?!
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:18 pm

It was just way off kilter and boring as fuck. It was boring.

I love all of the Tim Burton movies! They're so amazing. I think my favorite is Corpse Bride (I can't tell you how many times I've seen that one) even though I'm so mad that Victor still chose Victoria over Emily! So mad about that. She's beautiful and, hell, I'd pick Emily over cardboard Victoria any day.
Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

RavenHaven

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:18 pm

IKR?!!  Emily FTW!!!  Victoria was really creepy in my opinion...
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:35 pm

She was flat and completely without emotion and personality. I hated her. I wish she died right along with Barkus.
Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

RavenHaven

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:00 am

Yeah, I mean, Emily was DEAD  and she had WAAAAYYYY more expression and personality than Victoria!
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:58 am

That ending just makes me so mad. Victor was having a great time with Emily. He was even willing to kill himself so that they could be together properly but then Victoria had to go and ruin it for everyone. I reject the ending 100% in my book Victor died, got re-married to Emily and they "lived" happily ever after. The end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerdgasm Thread   Nerdgasm Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nerdgasm Thread
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next