Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
sound liam snape sherbet kerrigan black Lumina cynder dustypaws krystal Amythyst Disney moon Ovauzhar Joachim Lulu
Affiliates
free forum

Room of Requirement

Go down 
+3
Wrath'stwinSinXx
DeathDolohov
Liria
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Amythyst    krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 9:07 pm

She gave another look around "I must admit it's pretty nice and a lot less of Madame Prince breathing down my neck like I might hurt the books." She shook her head in a bemused sort of way "so no one else knows about this room?" she leaned against the table studying a curiously colored potion sitting in a vial not far from her hand she picked it up looking closer at it's traits "you know.. the consistency of this looks a little thick have you tried a touch of unicorn horn.. usually makes for a smoother binder and the effects tend to be a touch more potent." her tone was a bit know-it-all, but had an air of confidence and sureness behind it.
Back to top Go down
https://pottermorerp.forumotion.com
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Room of Requirement   krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 10:07 pm

"To my knowledge no one else knows of it. And I try to keep it that way..." 

Upon the criticism of his potion, he walked over to examine which one she meant. He strongly doubted that HE of all people could need instruction on how to perform his own experiments. That was an experiment of his which he had long ago deemed a failure, and if he couldn't get it to work he doubted anyone else could.

But then her words rung a bell of truth in his mind. He had never even considered trying unicorn horn. But the effects lined up perfectly with what he needed. 

He pointed to a drawer nearby. "Top shelf." He told her, still in utter amazement that she surmised so easily what he had been missing for months.
Back to top Go down
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

PostSubject: Amythyst    krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 10:22 pm

She smirked a bit with pride as she flicked her wand in an almost lazy way, non-verbally summoned the finely crushed glittering powder. her pale fingers caught it with ease  "I know it's usually used in antidotes, but I find the tiniest amounts of purity can help along more complex brews like this.." having measured out the appropriate amount her gaze had transfixed back to him noticing the look on his face finally "what?"  her eyes flickered with slight confusion as she had no idea what to make of his current expression.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Room of Requirement   krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 11:28 pm

"I just can't believe I missed what was wrong with that." He admits, "I've been stumped by what was wrong with it for months!"
Back to top Go down
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

PostSubject: Amythyst    krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 11:50 pm

Her smile grew slightly shy "it's easy to over look something... unexpected. " she leaned against the table her eyes sweeping across it slower this time "you've put a lot of work into all of this haven't you?"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Room of Requirement   krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 12:46 am

Crouch shrugged, giving his typical half answers. Growing up in a Ministry family, holding his cards close to his chest was second nature to him. "I suppose, a little here, a little there..."
Back to top Go down
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

PostSubject: Amythyst    krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 12:55 am

" You shouldn't be so nonchalant.. I think it's sort of amazing to be honest. I don't usually find many people with the same aptitude for potions as myself. Let alone brilliance along such a methodical process." her compliment was sincere as she picked up another vial examining the contents with impressed scrutiny.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Room of Requirement   krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 5:48 am

'Oh flattery how I love thou...' Crouch thought to himself pleased. 

He could feel that rush of joy surge through him like lightning in a lightning rod. His fingers inadvertently curled and brought a huge smile to his face, "Thank you. It truly is a rarity to find one who shares my enthusiasm and skill."
Back to top Go down
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

PostSubject: Amythyst    krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 6:08 am

Her smile widened a little at his own compliment "I'm not so sure about the skill level though. I just know a few useful tricks from way too many mistakes. " her hand subconsciously touched a small Cresent shaped scar hidden beneath the fringe of her jet black bangs from a particularly nasty incident that had almost cost her an eye.

Last edited by AmythystDolohov on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Room of Requirement   krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 6:15 am

His eyes drifted to where she touched, but made no mention of it. It seems curiosity had nearly killed this cat, a sensation that Crouch fully sympathized with or at least understood.

He didn't wish to bring it up though. They'd only met a day ago, when she wanted to talk about such matters she would in due course. People had a tendency to divulge secrets to him, such was his amiable and social persona.

"What about you though? We've spoken of my.." he searched for the right word, "out of class studies."
Back to top Go down
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

PostSubject: Amythyst    krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 6:36 am

Her hand moved to toy with one of her curls in an absent minded manner "I've read up on tons of magical theory...although anything labeled as restricted or dangerous or unsavory definitely seem to grab my attention admittedly. I've just been wary when it comes to practical applications of those types of theories." She didn't mind speaking openly to an extent and besides he had showed her the room of requirement a little personal background seemed like a more than fair trade.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Room of Requirement   krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 7:30 pm

Full honesty.
It was so refreshing to hear it. No half truths, no lies. It was like sipping lemonade made from fresh squeezed lemons rather than the poultry powders most were content with. 

'So why not continue this quid pro quo?'

"Those are often the most fascinating aren't they?" He admits. Saying the words felt like letting out a breath he'd held for so long it restricted his very chest.
Back to top Go down
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

PostSubject: Amythyst    krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 9:54 am

"I think fascinating is a bit of an understatement..   they're alluring on a level that can be almost maddening." It felt good to say this outloud she had resisted the call of dark magic since her scrape with death, but truth be told the things she had learned screamed in her blood to be used.

"If I'm being honest it's a side of magic that I think most shut themselves off to for all the wrong reasons. Besides why waste the potential that's right in front of our faces? "
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Room of Requirement   krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 6:40 pm

"My cousin believes that.." he paused for a second, trying to phrase the words exactly as he did, as though fearing being disrespectful if he said even a syllable wrong, "if one is to understand magic, why study only one avenue of it? You have to understand the whole..."
Back to top Go down
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

PostSubject: Amythyst    krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 10:50 pm

She nodded her head slightly "Your cousin sounds very wise.. and I definitely agree. I find the more I branch my out my studies the more comprehensible everything becomes.. even the most complicated practices can make a world more of sense." She pulled her small leather bound book from her pocket. The spine was cracked and worn and small burns singed the bottom edge, but as she gently pulled it open it seemed to double in size and small tabs sectioning it off in bright colors appeared "I Keep all my notes in here.. I don't usually show anyone... but something in my gut says I can trust you." She laid it carefully between them. Each page would have notes, well-thought out diagrams, and complex equations that had been written meticulously. Her handwriting cramped, yet somehow elegant with each looping letter and number.

Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Room of Requirement   krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 11:44 pm

He poured through the notes with the fervor of a dehydrated man presented with an oasis. Each note peaked his curiousity more and more!

Theories that he'd never even thought to consider presented themselves like presents on Christmas morning! He can feel his hands shaking with delight but he ignores it. He had to keep reading! He had to know!!

He could feel the corners of his lips steadily rising, forming a wide grin. His eyes widened as though taking in every solitary detail.

The smile, the eyes and the behavior.. it was the look of a deranged man.
Back to top Go down
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

PostSubject: Amythyst    krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 6:02 am

Something about his wide eyed grin intrigued her to her core. She had never seen such a look on anyone's face before as though crazed with a power hungry gleam, but it was his trembling hands that tore her attention away momentarily. She reached out cautiously and placed one of her pale hands over his, her skin would be slightly cool to the touch from the many hours in the damp cold dungeons working on her potions " are you okay? .. your hands are shaking." She used a soothing tone trying touch coax whatever thoughts were running through his head out.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Room of Requirement   krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:52 am

His other hand went into his pocket and took out the vial. He had no time for pretense, excitement was starting to overcloud his mind! He couldn't afford his emotions to go out of control again!

Not after last time...

It took his family a very sizable amount of galleons to make that problem disappear...

He poured the contents down his throat as rapidly as possible. After a couple of seconds the tremors in his hands ceased. His breathing returned to a more steady rhythm.

He tried to regain his composure. "Perhaps... it would be best if I left..." He told her calmly, despite the quaking fear inside of him. After all he did to not let people see that side of himself, she had seen him. She could expose him. 

And little else kept him awake at night more than the fear of having his secret exposed...
Back to top Go down
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

PostSubject: Amythyst    krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:18 am

Concern swept through her face as he drank, but it was over run by curiosity for a split moment as she pulled her hand back slightly "are you sure? I mean... that was sort of intense. If you don't want to explain it to me your don't have to, but I'd rather you stay put for a second and let whatever that potion needs to do have time to work.. I can go." She closed her book and slipped it back into her pocket as it shrank to it's more portable size, her glacial eyes scanning over his face carefully to make sure he was safe to leave alone. She didn't quite understand why she felt so compelled to help him, but she did.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Room of Requirement   krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 10:01 pm

"I.. have a condition..." He summarized as he could feel his normal heart rate return to him. At last we could feel normalcy return to him utterly. Calmness returned to his voice, but with a dire edge.

"One I'd prefer wasn't public knowledge." The other ministry employees were ruthless, looking for any point to pick at to oust a political rival. Wouldn't they just have a field day with a mentally ill progenie from one of the most powerful wizarding families?

Should I use a memory charm on her? 

It certainly would make that problem go away, and it's not like it'd be his first time doing it. There were no witnesses after all, getting away with it would be simple. 

But something stayed his hand. He didn't completely dismiss the idea, but he didn't leap on it either.
Back to top Go down
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

PostSubject: Amythyst    krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 2:29 am

She was brimming with questions as she teetered back on her heels curiosity almost bursting from her in a most untactful way. It took quite a bit of self control for her to bite them back and simply smile reassuringly " I won't tell a soul. Your health or lack of is your own personal business... even if I am dying to know I can respect one's privacy. So my lips are sealed" she mock locked her lips with her fingers and gestured as if throwing away the key. It was obviously something he didn't wish to go into detail about so she decided not to press the matter.. for now anyway. "but you're okay now? You seem a right lot better than a few moments ago at the very least."

Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Room of Requirement   krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 6:55 am

"Oh yes, it doesn't take long for the calming potion to settle things up there." He tapped his forehead. 

"My apologies for interrupting this..." He apologized sincerely.
Back to top Go down
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

PostSubject: Amythyst    krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 12:41 pm

She looked at hI'm with curious and slightly widened eyes "that was a calming draught? I've never seen one take effect that quickly... " her tone was somewhere between being impressed and surprised. "And don't worry about it.. if there's one thing I understand it's a mind that's a bit too... chaotic." She chose the word carefully.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Room of Requirement   krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 8:07 pm

"I made some modifications to make it a little more potent and fast-acting." He admitted, and then asked, "Someone you know suffer similarly?"
Back to top Go down
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

PostSubject: Amythyst    krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 11:07 am

She nodded ever so slightly with her eyes cast downward in a far away stare. An image of a willowy woman with shock white hair and trembling hands flashed through her head, but she blinked it away quickly snapping back from where her mind had wondered "yeah.. my mum. There were just too many great thoughts for one head I guess. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Room of Requirement   krystal - Room of Requirement - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Room of Requirement
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next