Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
snape Lulu Disney cynder Joachim Ovauzhar Amythyst sound dustypaws kerrigan liam sherbet black Lumina krystal moon
Affiliates
free forum

Movies One Must See Before They Croak

Go down 
+10
Cynder Dustypaws
Liria
KurdtLogan
Wrath'stwinSinXx
DeathDolohov
Tempest Black
Meredia
Phoenix Flame
RiverSeth
CrouchJunior
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Liria

Liria

Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 2:12 am

No joke Crouch I watched that for the first time not even 2 days ago.

(Thank goodness I'm not the only one who's seen this)
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 4:07 am

Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 Airplane!

http://viooz.co/movies/1620-airplane-1980.html

This movie definitely earns a well deserved reputation for being one of the best comedy movies in existence. The jokes just continually hit bullseye after bullseye while still having a story to it. It's not at all like modern parodies that just becomes a nonsensical barrage of modern day jokes that it fails to parody what the damn title suggests.

It could very well be one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I saw this film first in the 90's and I can still quote it. And even watching it nowadays the humor still makes me laugh.

This movie was made in the 80's to satire plane crash movies and even if you didn't watch a lot of those, you could still catch on to the jokes just from the buildup and the lines were incredibly witty.

Overal, this is definitely a comedy to see!
Back to top Go down
Puffskein

Puffskein

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:00 pm

The game.

Old school, classic, and fucks with your mind a bit :)Awesome.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119174/

Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 5:04 pm

Now THERE'S a textbook mindfuck movie! Good taste Puff! Glad to hear from you again!
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Captain Phillips

This was a really intriguing movie! It constantly had a reason for you to be invested emotionally and was one of the most suspenseful films I've seen to date.

Tom Hawks as usual did a stunning portrayal of a captain who gets taken hostage by Samolian pirates. But unlike other films that show the captain as a brave man that isn't threatened by this and isn't too phased by the situation, they show him as an actual human being who is brave but gets scared and still tries to stay alive while protecting his crew. This makes him more of a identifiable character as well as a more noble one. 

Even more so, they don't make the pirates just these villains who come out of the fog of the ocean to cause terror purely for greed. They show the situation which forced them into piracy, they're originally impoverished people trying to improve their lives for themselves and their tribe. 

I guess the greatest strength in the movie is how human all the characters were. There was real depth to each one and even the bad guys you kind of felt sorry for despite them doing these terrible things.

The last shot of the movie really sticks with you long after the credits have rolled and this film taught me a few important lessons:
A. If I'm ever traveling international waters, carrying my own gun is recommended
B. Competent leadership is key in survival situations (or in the bad guys case taking over a boat...)
C. Don't fuck with the Navy.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 7:49 am

1931's Frankenstein

This is a black and white movie if the date didn't give that away but I feel like it really was a good representation of 30's film making. This was back when film was still in its blooming stages and effects we take for granted now were just being discovered. 

It's imperative to appreciating this movie to consider the time it was made. Else you'll write it off as a hokky over the top black and white movie. 

The acting, although not on modern standards, was still pretty good. The appropriate emotions got through and you felt the heart in each scene.

The story was well paced and well written and the scene were memoriable. It's just an overall classic! One I think everyone should see at least once!
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet : 50

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:27 am

I grew up watching all the classic black and white films, save for a few. They're all pretty amazing for the 30's. I think everyone should see them.
Back to top Go down
http://theftmdiaries.wordpress.com
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 6:53 pm

Oh my god I'm not alone! Thank you Death!
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 7:37 pm

black and white films are great.
Some of my favourite films are like....at least 30/40 years old.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Talk about a movie that really learned from it's mistakes! No shaky cam to speak of and I can safely say I learnt much more about the world of Panem than I did in the first movie. 

Holy crap, you really got attached to every character to surprising levels and every actress and actor was doing great! The action was exciting, the situation was suspenseful, great twist (I didn't read the books just fyi) and maybe this one is just me but I enjoyed learning about the political climate of Panem and seeing the immense contrast as to how the poor live versus the rich. But each side had a problem they were facing. The poor were in a struggle to survive despite rising feelings of rebellion and the rich were completely ignorant to just how well they had it.

I loved the music choices and effects, there wasn't a single complaint I could make about this movie!

Kudos everyone involved for doing such a great job on it!
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:03 pm

SHHH
I HAVENT SEEN IT YET

I cant afford to go see it, not wih the ball on friday. lol
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 10:08 pm

CROUCH, NO SPOILERS!
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Gangs of New York    Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 11:20 pm

Gangs of New York.

This movie is badass. It's about a gang rivalry in New York in 1858. Amsterdam (Leonardo DiCaprio) is looking for revenge against the man who killed his father 16 years earlier. He rallies up the Irish immigrants and wages war once again with the Natives.

It's a compelling story. There's not a ton of action but the story is pretty great. I personally love The Butcher (leader of the Natives). He is perhaps the most twisted character ever.

Y'all need to watch it.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 5:59 am

Saving Mr. Banks

Okay I went into this movie thinking, 'Okay, cue the over-whimsicalness that will suffocate me!" But I was amazed by it actually. Maybe it's because I'm in the film industry and the majority of the movie takes place during the preproduction of Mary Poppins, but I'm surprised by how amazing the acting was. Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson did phenomenally together! 

One complaint I could give is the whole film is a lot of what I call, 'Corpobation', aka a company promoting itself at every available opening. But it's Disney, you come to expect that. Besides there are other films with much worse cases than this (looking at you 'Man of Steel'... >.>)
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Twisted   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 9:05 pm

Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 Twisted-starkid-musical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-77cUxba-aA

I know it's not technically a "movie" but it's pretty damn amazing.

It's a version of Disney's Aladdin in which Jafar is the good guy and Aladdin is a douche bag.

In this hilarious parody of Aladdin you learn Jafar's side of the tale. You see his reasons behind who he is and what he does. I actually found myself sympathizing with him. Because it is a Starkid production expect music, singing, dancing, bad language, innuendos galore, and references to just about everything.

You must watch this.
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 9:08 pm

Frozen

just because like...its one of the funniest things i have EVER watched
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 3:38 pm

Corpse bride

This is without a doubt one of Tim Burtons best! He's such an amazing visual talent! Put it this way, if he can make being dead cooler than being alive than he's doing something seriously right!

My favorite parts of the whole thing have to be the land of the dead. The design for it, the characters and songs... All are a spectacle! If there is an afterlife, I want it to be like that! What was great about it was how the land of the loving was made all dreary, dull and gray and the land of the dead was (ironically) lively, colorful, and fun! This was a wonderful contrast of setting!

The characters were splendid too! Viktor you could sympathize with. At first he's scared and desperate to get away from Emily. Let's face it, if you got accidentally hitched to a zombie you would be too. But eventually sees past the decaying flesh for the truly kind soul she is. Emily was a great character as well, the element of tragedy is there but it doesn't weigh down her cheerful nature. Naturally she's cut up when Viktor lies to her and you can understand her anger and sadness. 
That was a great thing about every character in this, just how natural all the reactions were, as though anyone would do the same things in their shoes.

Only small criticisms I can make is if going to the land of the living was such a big deal to dead people, then how did Emily end up there in the first place for Viktor to put a ring on her finger? 
Also it did bug me how Emily got the short end of the stick. Granted eternal peace isn't a bad consolation prize but even so her with a happier ending would've been great! 

But even with that last one, she did it as a sacrifice for someone else's happiness. That's a testament to her benevolence and only strengthens her character so I'm probably not as mad about it as the rest of you are but still... She deserved better.
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 5:44 pm

Now you understand my frustration with the end! It bothers me so much that Emily didn't get eternal happiness.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Yeah that kind of sucked but still a great movie!!
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: SAW   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 1:55 am

I can't believe I haven't mentioned the Saw movies on here. They're my favorite movies ever. Like ever, ever.

Okay, if you literally cannot stand blood and gore without getting violently sick maybe you shouldn't watch it. But if you can handle it and it just makes you slightly uncomfortable you have no excuse. Watch it.

I recommend that you don't pay 100% attention to the traps but to the story behind the traps, both the people in them and the creator of them. I love it. It's all so in depth and thought out. I just. -applauds the story creators-

I highly, highly, HIGHLY suggest that you guys watch all 7 of them (yes there are really seven of them, no there will not be an 8th :'( ). People look at me like I'm insane when I tell them that I love these movies but if y'all watch em for the plot as well as the gore then y'all will understand (hopefully).
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:46 am

Frozen

I REALLY cannot believe I'm doing this, especially with how sick I got of 'Let it go' but...

It's a good movie. It deserved all the awards it got. The animation was stellar! I absolutely loved it, especially for the ice powers! And Olaf was pretty funny as well! I love how they slammed the notion of true love's kiss which has been used to death in favor of family love. That's a much different and welcomed change of pace.

Granted I thought Anna got a bit annoying at times and the opening annoyed me quite a bit, it took way too long and lowered my expectations. Fortunately once the conflict actually got started I enjoyed it the rest of it.

So yes, I'd recommend watching it at least once.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:33 pm

A Few Good Men

If you enjoy court movies, you're going to want to see this one.

I think the strongest part of the movie was the writing and delivery by the actors. Jack Nicholson seldom gives a bad performance and this one played to his strengths and even Tom Cruise did good enough to separate from his name-brand. What I mean by that is whenever you see Tom Cruise in a movie, you don't remember his characters name. You just call him Tom Cruise. But in this movie, you don't see him as Tom Cruise and that's a great thing!

You know the line, "YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!"? It came from this movie!

The writing in this movie was perfect! It took a complicated subject and simplified it in such a way where it respects the audiences intelligence but making it easy enough to follow for anyone. 

Go check it out!
Back to top Go down
DeathDolohov

DeathDolohov

Character Stats

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 11:52 pm

I've got a few here that I'm gonna list. Y'all should see them all. All of them. Every single one.

Schindler's List

The Shawshank Redemption

Jaws

Rise of the Guardians

How to Train Your Dragon

Anastasia

I, Robot

All of those are awesome movies in my opinion. Most of them are classics and just amazing bits of artistry.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 4:08 am

Schindler- Never seen
Shawshank- Never seen
Jaws- LOVE!!
Rise- LOVE
How to Train- Never seen
Anastasia- Seen
I, Robot- Love, 'my logic is undeniable'
Back to top Go down
RiverSeth

RiverSeth

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 8:14 am

I watched How to train your dragon when i was working in the school last year.
Have to addmit....i did kinda like it.

and I, Robot is just amazing.

not seen the others
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies One Must See Before They Croak   Movies One Must See Before They Croak - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies One Must See Before They Croak
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next