Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
cynder Disney Joachim dustypaws Amythyst liam Lulu sound moon krystal Lumina sherbet Ovauzhar black snape kerrigan
Affiliates
free forum

Muggle Studies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Muggle Studies Empty
PostSubject: Muggle Studies   Muggle Studies EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 3:05 am

Muggle Studies is part of the non-magical studies curriculum at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It is exactly what the name implies - the study of the daily lives of Muggles and how they cope with electricity and not magic. This class aims specifically to acquaint wizards and witches who do not have direct contact with Muggles with the way they live; one known essay topic was "Why Muggles Need Electricity." It is an optional subject, taught from the third year to the seventh.
Muggle Studies is considered by some to be a soft option, but others, such as Percy Weasley, think it is important for magical people to have an understanding of the non-magical community, especially if they work closely with Muggles, such as in the Ministry of Magic; his father being a case in point.

[Harry Potter Wiki]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Muggle Studies Empty
PostSubject: Sebastian   Muggle Studies EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:09 pm

I creep inside, eyes lazily scouring the class before I place myself. Unsurprisingly this class is always empty; it makes me despair to think that so many people miss out on learning about the world that practically surrounds them everyday. Either way, i finally choose a seat near the front of the class, preparing to listen to the professor intently.

My faithful guitar is propped up against my desk, and I rest my chin on my palms, brown skin radiating with the thin strips of sunlight.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Muggle Studies Empty
PostSubject: Meredia   Muggle Studies EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:14 pm

A small, brown haired girl wandered in, also deciding to take a seat at the front of the class. Her bright grey eyes seemed unfocused, but her body language indicated that she was very much alert.

'Hi.' she settled on a normal greeting, a kind smile playing on her lips as she turned towards him. 'I didn't realise many people chose Muggle Studies these days..'
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5135319/
Anonymous

Muggle Studies Empty
PostSubject: Sebastian   Muggle Studies EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:21 pm

The boy blinked. Was she talking to him...?

'Well they should!' he cried without restaint, dreadlocks being fanned out of his face with his declaration. 'Personally, I think Muggles are fantastic, they create so many things without even needing magic, they're so inventive!'

Sebastian realised he was shouting, coughing and lowering his voice.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Muggle Studies Empty
PostSubject: Meredia   Muggle Studies EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:26 pm

She laughed gently, not maliciously. 'Then you and I completely agree there. What's your name?' Extending her hand, she didn't seem to notice that it was slight off-center, practically on the table between them. 'I'm Meredia Desouza, but you can call me Mer.'
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Muggle Studies Empty
PostSubject: Sebastian   Muggle Studies EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:31 pm

He'd noted her unfocused gaze earlier, and now her hand wasn't quite where it should've been. As discreetly as he could, he took his brown palm into hers, bringing it towards the centre of her body and giving it a polite shake. 'Sebastian. Sebastian Monroe. I must say, your name is quite peculiar.'
His voice was thick with a Southern American accent.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Muggle Studies Empty
PostSubject: Meredia   Muggle Studies EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:35 pm

'Oh, Meredia?' she mulled it over, clearly having not given it much thought before. 'I suppose you could call it unusual, although the same can be said for the rest of my siblings.'

She retracted her hand, gaze still not locking onto his. It was like she was staring straight through him, but not intending to.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Muggle Studies Empty
PostSubject: Sebastian   Muggle Studies EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:41 pm

He tried not to show it, but he was slightly unsettled by her gaze, it was like she couldn't see him at all!

'Siblings? You have brothers and sisters?' Sebastian let an easy smile appear on his expresssion, choosing a composed body posture and keeping his tone level. 'I myself don't have much family to speak of i suppose.' He seemed unaffected by his own revelation; this had always been a fact for him.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Muggle Studies Empty
PostSubject: Meredia   Muggle Studies EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:48 pm

ooc not far off with your first sentence c:

ic she took time to formulate a proper response. 'I have...many relatives I guess. I used to have 7 siblings, but they all kinda dwindled away..' she trailed off, sighing. Then she brightened up immediately.

'Sorry, i don't like putting weight onto situations. Tell me more about yourself.'
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Muggle Studies Empty
PostSubject: Sebastian   Muggle Studies EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:52 pm

OOC oh is she blind or something?

IC 'That's a large family, it must be comfortable.' cogs were whirring in his brain about her appearance, something about her was definitely different..

'Well, I'm really interested in Muggles if you hadn't gathered by now. I also like playing the guitar.'Sebastian lifted his instrument to demonstrate, still maintaining an aura of calm and tranquility.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Muggle Studies Empty
PostSubject: OOC   Muggle Studies EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:53 pm

i have to go, thank you for RPing with me Meredia! Smile
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

Muggle Studies Empty
PostSubject: Meredia   Muggle Studies EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:59 pm

you hit it spot on!
and anytime, bye!

ic She didn't look at him raising the object, still staring at a particular spot just above where she assumed his head was. 'Are you any good? Can you play lots of muggle songs? what type of songs do you play? Do you go to concerts?'

The girl was literally buzzing with questions, unable to help herself.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Muggle Studies Empty
PostSubject: ooc   Muggle Studies EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:13 am

did you want to continue this Meredia?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Muggle Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muggle Studies   Muggle Studies Empty

Back to top Go down

Muggle Studies