Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
snape black kerrigan Amythyst cynder liam krystal Lulu moon sherbet Disney Ovauzhar sound Joachim Lumina dustypaws
Affiliates
free forum

Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves

Go down 
+2
RavenHaven
CrouchJunior
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31
AuthorMessage
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Crest   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:23 pm

"He is now useless." Crest concurred as he ceased the spell. He looked down upon the criminal with icy disinterest. He had gotten all he needed from him, he was truly not of any consequence anymore. A hired hand, a peon, but one who wasn't entirely bereft of use to him..

An eye color, and Lukas. These were the only leads to go on. But they'd have to suffice for the time being. At least Lukas was simple enough to find, but persuading him was difficult. Crest couldn't frighten him nor beat him into submission as he could countless others. He needed to get more tactical with him. 

But the eye color, that bright blue... 

Was it the evil eyes he saw or just a standard set of azure eyes? Another series of questions to address before he moved forward. But upon studying the Noir heir, he had a strategy well in mind should such an event come to be. 

"I'll give him to Cayden and then continue." He informed Bryn, "Though why you worry for him, I'll never understand."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Bryn   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 11:47 pm

"reverting to almost torture is the style of a Death Eater." he said flatly, watching as the man placed all of his weight on Bryn, struggling to hold onto the boy. "I would like to say we are distinguishable from them in our methods of holding captives."

"did you see anything of use?" he was curious, since he had only heard the man's anguished cries. He had concluded that nothing had been gained since the spell was extended, but he did not want to assume such a possibility. Bryn also considered the fact that Lukas was involved, since the illusion and distorted memory must've so carefully altered that it could've easily been the kitsune. Their illusion magic was second only to the most gifted occulmens. 

"Allow me to assist you."

Meredia watched the pair with a worried frown creasing her forehead.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5135319/
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crest   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 3:01 am

"No, a death eater would've killed him. I took everything from him that was necessary. And had I not, we'd be shooting in the dark right now." He had no desire to discuss moral implications. Results were paramount. They couldn't afford any unfounded guess work.

"I did get some information. Lukas was there, and a blue eyed masked man. I do not know if it was the evil eyes I saw though. Whoever put the safe guards in his mind knew very well what they were doing..."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 1:55 pm

"Then the illusion was likely Lukas himself. Amaya told me about them, how skilled he is with manipulating one grain of truth into a series of lies. It's a weapon he does not use often, so whoever the masked person is... They are very important to him."

Bryn contemplated who Lukas would prioritise. He had always assumed there was nobody. "Would there be any benefit to hiding Crouch's identity?" It was the first name he thought of.

Meredia had now shuffled over to tend to the man's wounds, offering her soothing words and attempting to make him comfortable. Maybe her easing would relax his mind and it could offer more...
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crest   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 6:15 pm

Crest thought about it. Lukas and Crouch were practically cut from the same cloth, the closest thing each one had to a brother, so there was a lot of sense to that theory. "Possible, but Crouch typically doesn't conceal his identity."

"But the times are different now and he can't afford to be recognized anymore. Surely even one as fanatical as him must understand that." Crouch was a lot of things, all of them worse than the last, but he wasn't stupid. 

It was a notion very much worthy of entertaining. The blue eyes could very easily be a ruse.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:34 pm

The man whispered something in Meredia's ear, before he passed out. She braced him, her eyes widening at the information. "He says he thinks it was a woman he saw." 

Bryn considered the large amount of doubt in the statement, before speaking again. "It could easily be any Death Eater or a contractee of Lukas, but I'd put my money on Crouch." He knew that even Crouch would feel the need to hide, especially when one is the most wanted wizard in the UK.

"but what was the purpose of making this extravagant illusion if we knew it would be Crouch's doing anyway?" He wondered if Lukas's appearance in the dream was meant to signify something. after all, if he was such a great illusionist, why would he not conceal himself better? "They know it would be the first person we both thought of."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crest   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:08 pm

Crest heard what Meredia said and only one female he knew of would go to such lengths as Lukas, "The Rogue Element." He whispered to himself. 

If it was her, then he still held the advantage of that lead he picked up from Amaya. But what if it wasn't and that man's tip was a falsehood?

Either way, the Rogue Element would probably be privy to that information. All he needed to do was catch her...

"I'll return later." He started to make his way out.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Bryn and Meredia   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:40 pm

"I'm coming with you." Bryn did not ask it as a question, but a statement. "Going in blind would be idiotic. Even if you think I have no benefit to you, I can back you up." His tone was final on the decision, as he would accompany Crest whether he agreed to or not. The consent was just a facade. Brynmor was far more aware of the situation than he had admitted in front of his sister.

Meredia did not move, deciding to tend to the man should he admit more information in the future. Her instinct told her to stay and aid his recovery. After all, if she could convince him that they were merciful (which, to her eyes, they were.) then maybe it would stop one more person succumbing to greed and the allure of the dark arts.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crest   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:58 pm

"Don't be stupid." Crest scorned coldly. "You cannot leave Meredia alone here with him." He gestured to the fugitive who was as far as Crest was concerned a shackled animal by now. 

"Besides, I work best when no one is following me. I asked for your help as an advisor, not field work." It also didn't help that he felt Bryn lacked the strength of will to do what was necessary, no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Desouza siblings   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 9:28 pm

"I can take care of him, he's not a threat to me." Meredia was calm in her appraisal of the wounded man, knowing he would not have surrendered the information had he been dangerous.

Bryn shook his head at Crest, annoyance clear in his tone. "This is not just your fight, Crest. You won't get far against her on your own." It was all Bryn offered, knowing Crest could be far more stubborn, but would still try to convince him.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crest   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 10:02 pm

Crest turned back to him with a glare that could frighten demons, "And if we failed or were discovered, then our partnership would be exposed." He chided as though he were explaining the simplest of matters for the uptenth time. 

"The best way to hunt these..." he searched his mind for the right word, "things is to be invisible, quick, and decisive. Two people would only slow things down, create more opportunities to be noticed."

"Besides, why risk two people when we can just risk only one? If I die, then you simply continue where I left off." He explained with an alarming amount of detachment to himself. "If both of us died, then it's all over." 

"Simple logic."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Bryn   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 12:14 am

"whatever." he waved off the man's concerns with his hand, dismissing him as he turned to the injured man. "You are embarking on a suicide mission." His tone had become flat, clearly not interested with trying to negotiate with a brick wall. It would be obvious that if the "good guys" were rallying together, it would be the Desouzas and the Strayers, to say the least.

"We shall work alone, then. I will find her myself, with my sisters."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crest   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 6:19 am

"I'm well aware death is probable." 

He took a breath to calm himself, the reason he was organized this partnership was to get better at being with people. The prospect of being with others for extended periods, and needing them or trusting them, felt as uncomfortable as a million beestings from the inside of his skin out. 

Especially considering the ramifications of his last team effort... His friend, dead and gone all because he trusted someone to act and they failed. Who's to say it wouldn't happen again? But to even worse consequences? 

He had things he cared about again. His wife, his new family that was about to begin. He had no personal care if he died, but the thought of what Sam would go through if it happened crushed his soul. All air expelled from his lungs at the very thought and the world becomes the black pit Crest had once thought it to be before her.

But he was also the only one prepared to end it. 

Like trying to drive a car blindfolded, putting faith in others felt like a horrid lack of control that openly flirted with disaster. Crest could anticipate what he would do. He had agency over his own actions.

But when others got involved... it was a whole new equation, one that Crest had never been able to make sense of for years. And at some level wasn't sure if he ever would.

But he considered the alternative. He wanted to trust and believe in others again. 

"This is my last run as Crest. I have to be done after this." He confided, softening his tone ever so minimally. Still fierce, but more mellow than before. "When I'm sure they're gone and I know it's close, only then can I stop."

"I have much at stake now, besides what my purpose in life was always dictated as. If your help is the only way I reach the end, the end of Crest, so be it." He finally relented. "Just keep up."
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 3:34 pm

"I understand." Bryn saw Crest's perspective completely and in its entirety, and how much of a necessity this was for him. However, convincing the man he wasn't a liability was another matter. 

"I know our means of getting to the goal are different too, but I won't stop until I die. I must ensure my family's future at all costs. And if worst comes to worst, I will exterminate our common enemy. I can be ruthless when the time comes, you have my word on that." Bryn was nothing but sincere in his manner, willing to sacrifice his life as he had done before, when Lukas had drained himself to resurrect the boy.

"Hell, I've defied death once, I feel like I was brought back for this." Bryn did not believe in destiny, but saw no other path for himself.

Meredia lifted the unconscious man onto the ice shelf, probing his mind with her calming magic to try and lift any information.

"I feel Lukas deliberately left his signature on the man's memory for a reason. I think the woman involved wants us to chase Lukas instead of her." Meredia was guessing, hoping she had been useful.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 6:03 am

Crest said nothing to Bryn, remaining silent as he gazed upon him. But the silence spoke for him that he was ready to at least try to make this partnership work. With the smallest of nods he addressed Meredia, "I agree. Lukas was banking on us jumping to the first piece of solid evidence and ignore all other factors. Doing that, the Rogue Element could continue as she pleased while we went on a wild goose chase."

"His way of humor if I understand him correctly." He adds with an arid dryness. 

"But the Rogue Element has made a critical error and is finally within reach. I know where she'll be calling her home for a while..." 

"The Noir Manor." 

But what he didn't know was events happening in Paris would render that lead pointless...
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Both   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 7:20 pm

"Is she conspiring with Topher?" Bryn's eyes widened; this was clearly new to him. He was aware of Amaya's connections to the girl, but the Desouza sister had insisted she would never jeopardize their lives or outright offer her sanctuary without telling him.

Meredia's lips pursed into a frown, but nodded. "You two better go check it out then."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 8:11 pm

"I doubt it's conspiracy as much as Topher fulfilling some perceived debt or favor to Amaya." The evil eye users had proved his new loyalty to namely Artemis on numerous occasions. Even though Crest kept an eye on him in case it was some premeditated scam, it was a lazy eye at best. He had far more important crooks to observe.

"Yes. Once she's settled, we'll sneak in, take her down quietly and extract every bit of information she has." Crest concluded as their plan. Minimal in any damage, collateral or otherwise, minimal in risk as he was sure she wouldn't be well guarded to keep up appearances, and Topher was no danger to either of them in combat even if he idiotically attempted to intervene. 

A perfect stroke. And it may be a vain hope, but capturing this informant could give him all the information he needs to finish the death eaters for good.
Back to top Go down
Meredia

Meredia

PostSubject: Bryn   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:47 am

"Amaya wouldn't help her unless she was certain that the woman had changed - that she wants to help us." Like Syd. It went without saying, but he couldn't help but parallel the woman's situation with his late sister's, wondering what he could do to turn the tides this time. 

"But it wouldn't explain why she'd try to kidnap Mer, and then hide her identity. Unless of course this is one big ploy by Lukas to mess with us even more." He wouldn't put it past the kitsune; he did act a lot dumber than the 400 year old spirit actually was. 

Bryn did not believe much force would be needed with the rogue if her claims were true, and his trust of Amaya went leaps and bounds further than any weak suspicion or shallow doubt he had of the evidence presented in front of him. He was more confident Lukas would fuck with them than the woman not being co-operative.

"Suspicions are all we have, honestly." He pointed out, sighing. "But seeing the woman for ourselves will settle it either way."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crest   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 7:48 am

"In that we are agreed. She'll have all the answers to these endless puzzles. So let's stop wasting time and apprehend her." He turned to leave the cave again, taking his dark gray cloak off the chair behind him and wrapping it on himself. Donning his hood, he ventured out to catch his newest target.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves   Liria - Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost Section of Eisriesenwelt Caves
Page 31 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31