Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
krystal sound Joachim Disney sherbet Lumina kerrigan Lulu cynder liam moon black Ovauzhar snape dustypaws Amythyst
Affiliates
free forum

Dumbledore's Office

Go down 
+10
Meredia
Sherbet&Cosmo
WalnutSelwynn
Goblet Dream
Liria
RiverSeth
Wolfgang Midnight de'Wolf
CrouchJunior
Cynder Dustypaws
Jacques Nott
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Jacques Nott

Jacques Nott

Liria - Dumbledore's Office Empty
PostSubject: Dumbledore's Office   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:43 am

She was sitting on the stairs, just looking at the pieces of her wand, wondering what on earth she was going to do now. She stared at the black wood, a sombre, unhappy look spreading across her features. This was silly, and they were steadily losing people to the Death Eaters. "Cowards," she muttered to herself. "Cowards and traitors."

She was disturbed by the tapping of heels on the stone floor and looked up as a shadow loomed over her. Professor McGonagall, "Midnight! What on earth are you doing here, sitting on the stairs? This is a new habit. Shouldn't you be studying?" It was only then that the Professor seemed to take notice of the pieces she was holding. "Is that... Miss Midnight, Merlin's beard what has happened to your wand?"

Ebony looked rather put out, "Professor, I didn't step on it or anything it's... hard to explain... it was kind of in a duel." She winced.
"Well Midnight, I know you're smarter than to try dueling with your feet," McGonagall sighed, "Normally I would suggest that you get a replacement wand, Midnight, but as you can't seem to do anything at all with this one at the moment and you have your OWLs this year... I would like you to come with me to see the Headmaster - he knows a thing or two about fixing wands. Come on." Ebony followed the Professor wearily to Dumbledore's office, holding her broken wand in her hand. She barely even heard McGonagall say the password, just numbly followed her up the stairs into the office. "Albus," McGonagall called, sharply, "I have a student here to see you about a broken wand."

"Send her in," a calm, aged voice replied. Ebony walked through the door, this was only the second or third time she'd seen Dumbledore. One time it'd been after her family's betrayal - when she'd stood here, as cold as ice, sickened by poison and sorrow. "Ah, Miss Midnight," Dumbledore said kindly, "Sit down, and have a piece of chocolate, my girl, you look under the weather. Now, let me see this wand." Ebony placed the wand, all its pieces on the desk in front of her. "This looks like no ordinary, accidental break." Dumbledore looked at her over his half-mooned spectacles, "How did it come to get like this?"

"It was in a duel... well... sort of," she winced, "I can't really tell you, sir, I don't really want to get the person into trouble."
"Well, if they deliberately went and broke your wand - I dare say that they might just need a speaking to, hmm?" Dumbledore said kindly.
"Well... there are some people in this school which are, well, you know, sir... they've been threatening other students and getting away with it," she looked troubled. "But... I don't want them dead, as per say, but I just... I just want them and all of it to stop."

Dumbledore watched her for a while, "To be able to be kind to a person, no matter who it is, is such an undervalued gift, Miss Midnight. I know we are all capable of it, including yourself, though it is buried under layers of resentment. I know you want revenge for your family's sake - but remember that kindness can always serve a person well. Now." He pulled out his wand, "Let me show you a little trick that might make you feel a bit better. Reparo."
The ebony wand melded back together as if it'd never been broken, Ebony stared at it in wonder. "Sir, how did you..."

"Pardon my boasting, but unfortunately this is something only I can do, Midnight. Your wand couldn't have been repaired with another ordinary wand," Dumbledore smiled at Ebony. "Now, unless there's something more you want to say...?"

Ebony stood, heading for the door but then halted, turning back to Dumbledore, "Sir... I'm just worried about Cynder, she's a shapeshifter and she's been having problems with her raptor form but... she doesn't want lessons with Professor McGonagall but Snape. So she... made a deal with... a sort of notorious student around here... it wasn't a very good deal..."

"Ah, I see," Dumbledore said softly, "Do not worry, Midnight, we shall do whatever we can for Cynder. Thank you for telling me, now," he smiles, "Off you go."

Ebony nodded, opening the door out of the office, her wand safely clenched in her hand.

Last edited by Ebonique Nott on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cynder Dustypaws

Cynder Dustypaws

PostSubject: Re: Dumbledore's Office   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:00 pm

ooc: Do excuse me for just an ooc post in here, but I just had to say: Very well done. I was smiling the whole time. You are a very good writer and roleplayer, and I absolutely love your character. Keep up the good work~ c:
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crouch Jr   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:51 pm

-Walks into office-

Old man... where are you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumbledore's Office   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:54 pm

- Dumbledore is just moving away from the penseive when Crouch enters. -

"Ah, Mister Crouch. I do hope that in the future you will knock first. Manners are an important thing to have for any Wizard."
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crouch Jr   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:55 pm

-Looks at Dumbledore with no amusement in his face- I need your... consent for a rather unorthodox request.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumbledore's Office   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:56 pm

- Dumbledore looks amused and asks, "Consent to watch as you rifle about through your memories again? Would you care to try the pensive this time?"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crouch Jr   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:59 pm

-Confused as to why he is going to ask for what he is, but feels like it's... right for some reason- No, I need your permission to be able to leave the school on occasion...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumbledore's Office   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Dumbledore raises an eyebrow, "You mean, beyond the occasional Hogsmeade weekends? Is it foolish of me to ask why?"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crouch Jr   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:03 pm

-Confusion within himself growing, why did he want to have River come with him? But just feels like he has to- I'd prefer to keep away from that...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumbledore's Office   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:07 pm

- Dumbledore paces a little and says, "So, if a poor headmaster is to understand, you are asking for additional leaves of absence away from the school for undisclosed reasons that most likely deal with your issues of memory and new found sister? How many days are you requesting a leave for?"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crouch Jr   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:08 pm

-Shocked that he understood- Did you know all along she was related to me? Why keep it a secret?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumbledore's Office   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:11 pm

- Dumbledore looks Crouch in the eyes and says, "I have only known a little while longer than you. Besides, would you have believed an old man such as myself if I told you about your new-found family?" - Dumbledore's eyes smiling as he asks that.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crouch Jr   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:13 pm

-Decides his words have validity- I'm not sure how many days... but I must know... My sister and I deserve the truth! -looks shocked he actually said that-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumbledore's Office   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Dumbledore looks at Crouch, "The truth about what, precisely? About why you were split apart? About why your father decided to keep each other's existence secret from the other?" - Dumbledore sighs and sits down. "The truth can be a fickle thing Mr. Crouch. Will an adventure home really answer those questions that are burning in your mind, or will it only raise more?"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crouch Jr   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:19 pm

-Anger starts rising- Do you just take pleasure in other people's struggles or did you have to work at it? I want to know because I want to know...

-Thinks about him and River, and how she was the only family member who ever made him happy, and the unfairness of having that taken from him-

There's no other reason than that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumbledore's Office   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:25 pm

Dumbledore sighs, "In my many years, I have learned to wait. Sometimes I have also learned when it is better to act sooner. But I have learned that the truth is always the truth, though sometimes we are not prepared for it when we think we are. The truth will not give you back the years you have lost Mr. Crouch. But it does not stop you from building on what you have regained now, on pursuing the happiness that you now have only begun to experience." - Dumbledore pauses and asks, "Is going back now so crucial that it cannot wait until the holiday vacations?"

o o c Is Mrs. Crouch alive, or is she dead?
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crouch Jr   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:33 pm

OOC Hadn't really decided on that to be honest with you, I'll consult River and talk about that sometime

IC -Scoffs- What do you know about lose old man... besides, I have too much anger in me for such things now...

That anger made me strong, and I'm strong enough for these truths.

And let's think... my entire life has recently been revealed to me as a lie... you tell me if you think it's crucial...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumbledore's Office   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:39 pm

- Dumbledore looks sad, remembering not only his sister, but all the friends he has lost through the years, especially those of his Order. -

Dumbledore says softly, "If you are given the chance to have the years I have and ever are confronted with a young wizard about the mysteries of death and loss, have pity on him. For he thinks himself mightier than most of the world combined and has not grasped how dear life until those closest to him are gone."

- Dumbledore sighs and draws himself fully back to the present. "But again I ramble on like a foolish old man. You have every right to be angry. But will that help you if forced to confront your father? Will your anger persuade him to give willingly the answers you seek?"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crouch Jr   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:43 pm

Anger has gotten me THIS far hasn't it? I am virtually unrivaled in the school... I'm sure he'll be more than willing to give me what I want to know... a wand drawn tends to loosen tongues...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumbledore's Office   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:49 pm

"And sometimes a softly spoken word works far better than the threat of magic. Seeing you two together may be all that is needed for him to give the truth."

- Dumbledore thinks for a moment and says, "You want to confront him, gain answers. Obviously you think an owl wouldn't earn you the truth. Would Miss. River be accompanying you? And can a foolish old man ask you to speak to his heart, to where he has hidden that love for you both from himself and see if he can't discover a thing or two as well? At least before you resort to wands?"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crouch Jr   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:56 pm

-Scoffs- Separating children for a -spits out the name- Ministry job hardly points toward the existence of a heart... I know he doesn't have one. and yes River will be accompanying me. She'll come up to ask you herself I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumbledore's Office   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:59 pm

- Dumbledore looks at Crouch and says, "I agree. Separating siblings like that is not a thing I can agree with. On this, we both find it detestable."

- Dumbledore pauses for a second and says, "Do you wish for an answer right now, or may I speak with River before giving an answer?"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crouch Jr   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:02 pm

-Thinks for a minute- Do as you please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumbledore's Office   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:06 pm

- Dumbledore nods, "Then as a sentimental old man, I wish to speak with Miss River first before coming to a final decision. Is there anything else you wish to speak about Mr. Crouch?"
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Crouch Jr   Liria - Dumbledore's Office EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:13 pm

-Scoffs- No, professor... I'll be leaving now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumbledore's Office   Liria - Dumbledore's Office Empty

Back to top Go down

Dumbledore's Office
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next