Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Ovauzhar cynder dustypaws sound sherbet Amythyst kerrigan Disney Lumina Lulu black Joachim krystal moon snape liam
Affiliates
free forum

Mortem Macnair's House

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

sound - Mortem Macnair's House Empty
PostSubject: Mortem Macnair's House   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:05 am

Mortem Macnair's home is deep in a forest, hidden away from the Wizarding World. It is a log cabin, and is quite comfortable inside. A river runs by one side of it, and the canopy of trees is thick over the small house. No trail leads to the door, owing to the fact that Mortem uses a spell to cover his tracks.
Back to top Go down
http://theheylinhawk.tumblr.com
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Mortem   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:12 am

Mortem is silent as he arranges his small meal, the only noise the crackling of the fire and the gentle hoots of his owl, Umbras. He settles in an armchair with his dinner, and sets a glass of water on the wooden table beside him. He stares into the flames, peace the only thought in his mind.

He loves his home, and the forest around it. Nobody bothers him here, and the only contact he has with the outside world is the occasional owl or visitor. If it is a Muggle, it is quickly silenced.

He feels no regret over killing that Pixie girl. She was raised under the careful guidance of his Uncle Walden, and she turned her back on him. What did it matter to Mortem if Walden was upset by her death? He saw her letting victims go, telling them to run. She was nothing more than a traitor.

And traitors are no better than mudbloods.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Mortem    sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:58 pm

The night of the battle

Mortem squelched up the dirt path to his house, cursing the rain that had made mud stick to his boots. He smacked his shoes against the side of his house before going inside.

He didn't bother to take them off when he walked in. What was wrong with a little dirt? Mortem ignored the hoot his owl directed his way, and the bird turned his back with a disgruntled look on his beak. He shrugged off his cloak and dropped it on the back of his armchair before pausing in front of the book case. He glanced over the spines of the books, before selecting one that looked almost exactly the same as the others. This one had no markings to indicate what sort of book it was.

Mortem turned the pages of the book, picking up a quill as he did so. He scratched his chin with the end of the feather as he searched for the right page. With a satisfied grunt, he placed the book on a small table.

There was a name at the top of the page: Pixie Macnair. Underneath were other details. Date of birth, gender... all the usual. Mortem sat on a stool as he read through it all. A smile spread across his features as he found the words "Date of death". In his messy handwriting, Mortem scrawled: 10th February, 2012.

But he didn't leave it at that. Mortem's smile widened as he continued. He knew it was a foolish thing to do, but he couldn't leave it at that. Hit by my own Killing Curse.

Before he put the book back with the others, he flicked through it, names of other Death Eaters flashing past. He didn't stop to read them. He knew most of the others personally. Mortem slipped the book into its place.

He knew it was a dangerous thing to have created, and he didn't know why he had bothered to write it out in the first place. Mortem settled himself into his armchair, and soon fell asleep, unconcerned with the murder he had committed only a short time before.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Mortem   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:26 pm

He sips his wine, staring into the flames in the fireplace. The soft hoots of Umbras are the only other sound. Mortem stares into space, lost in thought.

A knock at the door breaks him out of his daydreaming. Mortem places his wine glass on the small table by his armchair before standing and crossing to the door. He opens it, and smiles.

A woman waits with a smile playing on her lips, long golden hair flowing down her back. Her bright blue eyes sparkle almost playfully. "Mortem," she says in greeting. "How good to see you."

"And you, Gloria." He murmurs in return. "Won't you come in?"

She nods and walks inside his small home. After closing the door, she kisses him briefly. "I trust you are well?" she says afterwards.

"I am." Mortem replies. "Would you like a glass of wine, my dear?"

Soon, they are both settled by the fireplace, Gloria in the only other seat available. After exchanging pleasantries, in the short lapse of conversation Gloria mentions her real reason for coming.

"Mortem, I heard of your... antics at Hogwarts." She pauses, swirling the wine in her glass. "I want to know why you killed the girl."

"She wasn't loyal." He grunts, clearly reluctant to speak of this. "You know where I am, Gloria. Of course, I am loyal to you and the others as well. But my uncle... He would never punish her for her actions. What I did was necessary."

"If you say so..." Gloria trails off, but then after a few seconds she speaks again. "I still don't see why you killed her. You could have passed her into our care. We could have fixed her."

"No. There would have been too many complications. Teachers would notice, for a start. And I'm sure she had made friends in the castle. They would want to know the reason behind her absence." Mortem looks over at Gloria. "I don't regret what I did. Do you understand?"

"I do." Gloria sighs. "But I worry for you. Someday, your actions will have consequences."

"I'll be ready for them when I do." Mortem says firmly, draining his wine. With her task over, Gloria decides to take her leave. She thanks him for his time, and quickly exits his house. Mortem doesn't leave his chair.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Phoenix and Mortem   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:49 pm

Mortem: -Sits in his armchair, sipping a glass of wine and flipping through the pages of the book-

Phoenix: -Apparates into a clearing in the forest. Staggers a little for a moment, but regains her balance. Looks around curiously-
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Artemis Strayer (Sound)   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:51 pm

-I apparate alongside Phoenix, and take in my surroundings. I take up some of the surrounding mud and lick it quickly, promptly spitting it out- Yes, this is an exact match...
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Phoenix   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:52 pm

-Grins- Perfect. -Glances at Artemis, trying not to smile- I've never really understood the concept of tasting the mud.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Artemis Strayer (Sound)   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Mud has different minerals and what have you in it, the taste can give away a lot of things about the area...
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Phoenix   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:56 pm

-Nods in understanding- I see now. That's a brilliant method.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Artemis Strayer (Sound)   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:57 pm

-Chuckles nervously- It's a bit old fashioned but it gets results...
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Phoenix   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:00 pm

-She nods, then remembers something. She digs in her pocket and pulls out the scrap of the cloak. Phoenix sniffs it. While the scent is faded, she can still pick it out. She lowers the scrap and takes a cautious sniff at the air. A smile breaks out across her face- Definitely the right place. There's a very faint trail.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Artemis Strayer (Sound)   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:02 pm

-Smiles- Okay then, -pulls out wand- Lead on
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Phoenix   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:04 pm

-She draws her wand and follows the trail. It disappears in some places, but returns where he brushed against trees or bushes by accident. Phoenix chuckles- I feel like a hunting dog right now.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Artemis Strayer (Sound)   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:06 pm

-Smiles- Well I can tell you you're too smart and charming to be some hunting dog. I must say though, that werewolf nose is certainly impressive...
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Phoenix   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:09 pm

-She glances over her shoulder and smiles- Thanks. -She taps her nose- It's one of the few benefits of being a werewolf. It's not as good as when I'm in my werewolf form, but it's better than that of a normal human's.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Artemis Strayer (Sound)   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:12 pm

-I nod my head in understanding- I can see how that would have several useful applications...
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Phoenix   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:14 pm

-Phoenix smiles- Certainly stops anyone from poisoning me. -She pauses and shrugs- That is, as long as I know what to look for. -Continues to walk. After a few moments, she speaks again- It's getting steadily stronger now.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Artemis Strayer (Sound)   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:16 pm

-I nod- If we need a stealthy entrance, leave that to me... but you're in charge here...
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Phoenix   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:18 pm

-She shrugs- We might do. I don't know. It depends... If he's there, we could just walk up and arrest him, or try and sneak in... It might be better to catch him by surprise, though.
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Artemis Strayer (Sound)   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:20 pm

-I nod in agreement- We'll see how things look and make our decision from there...
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Phoenix   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Alright then. -Phoenix makes a face- Ugh. How annoying. -She pauses to sniff the air better- I've lost it. -She paces around a bit, frowning- No, there it is... Some animals must've passed through here recently. There's a very strong smell that covered it up. Deer, maybe? -She shrugs-
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Artemis Strayer (Sound)   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Deer huh? Well that WOULD provide Macnair with a food source around here... we might be getting close
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Phoenix   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:26 pm

-The wind blows in their faces- We must be. It came in quite strong from that direction. -She points ahead-
Back to top Go down
CrouchJunior

CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Artemis Strayer (Sound)   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:35 pm

-I nod my head and keep following her-
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Flame
Admin
Phoenix Flame

PostSubject: Phoenix   sound - Mortem Macnair's House EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:37 pm

-Stops and lowers her voice- There. -She nods towards the small house, separated from them by a line of low bushes-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortem Macnair's House   sound - Mortem Macnair's House Empty

Back to top Go down

Mortem Macnair's House
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next