Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
cynder Disney dustypaws Lulu sound moon sherbet black kerrigan Ovauzhar Lumina liam Amythyst Joachim snape krystal
Affiliates
free forum

Diagon Alley

Go down 
+5
RavenHaven
CrouchJunior
Liria
Phoenix Flame
AmythystDolohov
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

Topher - Diagon Alley Empty
PostSubject: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:50 am

Diagon Alley is a cobbled wizarding alley and shopping area located in London, England behind a pub called the Leaky Cauldron. Inside the alley is an assortment of restaurants, shops, and other sights. All items on the Hogwarts supply list can be bought at Diagon Alley. The alley is completely hidden from the Muggle world which is right outside of its boundaries. It is very large in area and essentially the centre of wizarding London.It is a popular historical theory that the oldest building in Diagon Alley is Gringotts Wizarding Bank and that the other shops grew up around it. [1] However, there is a possibility that Ollivander's Wand Shop is the oldest building, records dating back to the late fourth century B.C.Diagon Alley is accessible from Muggle London through the Leaky Cauldron, which is on Charing Cross Road, set between a bookshop and a record shop. The Muggles who pass by the inn seem to be "quite unconscious" of its existence. Knockturn Alley, a dark artefacts area, is an offshoot of Diagon Alley.The entrance is behind the The Leaky Cauldron in a small, walled courtyard with a trash can. Diagon Alley can be accessed by tapping the correct brick in the wall behind the Leaky Cauldron (from the trash can, three up and two across). The wall goes in a small hole first but forms a large archway.[2] It can also be accessed by Floo powder[3] and Apparition. There may be other entrances as well.
Diagon Alley connects to a second, less reputable shopping district, Knockturn Alley.
Locations
2nd Hand Brooms: A shop that sells used broomsticks.
Amanuensis Quills: A shop in Diagon Alley that sells quills. It is next to Madam Malkin's Robes For All Occasions shop.
Broomstix: A shop that sells broomsticks.
Eeylops Owl Emporium: A pet shop located in Diagon Alley that sells owls and things that will help owls, like Owl Treats. It sells a variety of breeds, including Screech, Barn, Tawny, Brown, and Snowy.
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour: It was owned and operated by Florean Fortescue, and was located at Diagon Alley.
Flourish and Blotts: A popular bookshop in Diagon Alley where most Hogwarts students purchase their schoolbooks.
Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop: Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop is located in Diagon Alley. Fred and George, and Lee Jordan stocked up on Dr. Filibuster's Fabulous Wet-Start, No-Heat Fireworks.
Gringotts Wizarding Bank: Gringotts is the only known bank of the wizarding world. It was created by the goblin Gringott. It is located in Diagon Alley and is owned and run by Goblins. In addition to storing money and valuables for wizards, one can go there to exchange Muggle money for wizarding money.
Junk shop: A shop that sells secondhand items such as broken wands, lopsided scales, etc.
The Leaky Cauldron: A popular Wizarding pub in London. It is the entrance to Diagon Alley.
Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions: Sometimes simply referred to as Madam Malkin's, it is a shop in Diagon Alley. Students get their Hogwarts school uniforms there, and also dress robes, travelling cloaks, and the like.
Madam Primpernelle's Beautifying Potions: Located at 275 Diagon Alley, this shop helps witches getting rid of "warts and worse".
Magical Menagerie: One of the shops where students buy their pets and supplies.
Obscurus Books: Located at 18a Diagon Alley, Obscurus is a Wizarding book publisher. Its range of titles include the popular Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
Ollivander's Wand Shop: Ollivander's Wand Shop is the sole wand shop of Diagon Alley. Peeling gold letters over the door of the shop read: Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C.. The shop's display consists of a solitary wand laying on a faded purple cushion in the dusty window. The shop is tiny, empty except for a single, spindly chair in the corner. Thousands of narrow boxes containing wands are piled right up to the ceiling of the tiny shop, and the whole place has a thin layer of dust about it.
Potage's Cauldron Shop: A shop that sells cauldrons.
Quality Quidditch Supplies: A shop in Diagon Alley. Its main products are things having to do with Quidditch such as Quaffles, Bludgers, and broomsticks.
Scribbulus Writing Instruments: A shop that sells ink and presumably other stationary items (quills, parchment).
Secondhand robe shop: A shop that sells secondhand robes.
Slug & Jiggers Apothecary: Where students buy their potion ingredients.
Sugarplum's Sweets Shop: A shop that sells confections.
TerrorTours: Located at 59 Diagon Alley, TerrorTours is presumably a travel agency for wizards and witches.
The Ministry Press: A publishing house affiliated to the Ministry of Magic.
The Daily Prophet's main office: Presumably where the Daily Prophet newspapers are printed.
Twilfitt and Tatting's: Twilfitt and Tatting's is a wizarding clothing shop located in Diagon Alley. Given that it is favoured by elitist pure-blood witch Narcissa Malfoy, it is probably an upmarket shop.
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes: Located at 93 Diagon Alley, it is a joke shop in owned by Fred and George Weasley. It sells practical joke objects, such as Extendable Ears, a Reusable Hangman, and Fred and George's special WonderWitch products, such as love potions and ten-second pimple remover. There is also a section of Muggle magic tricks in honour of their father Arthur. They're not big sellers, but they do fairly well.
Whizz Hard Books: Located at 129B Diagon Alley. Whizz Hard Books is a Wizarding book publisher. Its range of titles include the popular Quidditch Through the Ages and Hairy Snout, Human Heart.
Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment: A miscellaneous equipment shop.
Various stalls and peddlers: There are a variety of street peddlers who take up space in between shops out on the main thoroughfare of Diagon Alley. Included are: a flower vendor, a vendor who is selling roasted chestnuts, and a jewellery vendor.
Etymology
The words "Diagon" and "Alley" when pronounced together, produce the word "diagonally" which is most probably the origin of the name "Diagon Alley". When Harry mispronounced the name due to inhaling a mouthful of ash, he landed in a fireplace in nearby Knockturn Alley.

source:http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Diagon_Alley
Back to top Go down
https://pottermorerp.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:33 pm

Roses feet hit the floor in the fireplace of Flourish and Blotts, she stepped out into the shop which was full of witches and wizards shopping around, examining books... some of which didn't exactly have the best personality. She jumped out of the way of a snapping book and walked towards the door, "Lets go before anyone mistakes us for Claws" She said, holding open the door for Ivy with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:34 pm

"Pfft, do I look like a Claw to you?" remarked Ivy, smiling and following Rose out. She tightened her scarf and took Rose's hand. "don't want you getting lost." she grinned.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Rose rolled her eyes "Me get lost? Please" She said, turning her head to the right and tugging Ivy along towards Eeylops. "I want my cat first, then we can do whatever" She smiled and stopped outside the shop.

There were owls in cages, owls in boxes, owls flying around, Rose peered into the shop then pushed the door open with her foot, listening to the jangle of the bell. She looks over at a cage full of what looked like frogs crossed with purple mice "Look Ivy" she pointed at the weird mutated animals "They're like your spitting image"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:44 pm

Ivy peers into the cage pointedly and says, "Huh I don't see anything in there except a photo of you?" Ivy shrugs and smiles at Rose, then pulls her to the owls, picking up the cage of a sleepy looking one. It wakes up at the movement of the cage and flutters its wings angrily. "This one seems nice enough." She shoves the cage into Rose's face and laughs as the owl goes a bit mad.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:48 pm

"Ouch" She complains, jerking back from the cage as the owl pecks her nose. "I don't look like a mutated from, more like a mutated bear... or caveman, but still better looking than you" She joked.

Rose notices that this place was mainly owls, she saw only a few cats and aside from the ugly frog mice. "Maybe we should've gone to Magical Menagerie" She said, walking along the side of the shop. Hearing a tiny meow she spots a tiny cage with a kitten in it, all white and fluffy and looking like a snowball. "Awwww, Ivy look!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Ivy blinked and laughed at the creature. "Oh it is ADORABLE look at it!"she walks up to the cage and bends down to peer into it. "Isn't that so cute? It gives you a run for your money." Ivy reaches out and grabs Rose's cheek, still looking into the cage.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:55 pm

"Hey, I'm not cute!" She says, helping herself to the kitten and lifting in in her one hand and put it up to Ivys face. "I want it" Rose said, as the kitten started scratching her hand and hissing at being picked up. "We have to think of a name"

She payed the woman behind the counter 12 galleons and picked up the basket that the kitten was now wrapped up inside. "Is there anything you wanted?.." Rose began but stopped mid sentence as she noticed a familiar face outside the window. "Oh god..."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:01 pm

"Well we have to give it a strange name, not something cliche lime Fluffy or Snookums or Kim Kardashian..." Ivy trailed off and followed Rose's gaze to a tall figure, ho looked strangely familiar but Ivy hadn't seen before. "Rose, what is it?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:09 pm

Rose narrowed her eyes "That's... my uncle, Thorfinn Rowle" She said, the distaste clear in her tone, she went to turn away in hope that he wouldn't notice them but he spotted her through the cages and feathers. His face didn't exactly light up but he beckoned for them to join him. Rose sighed and apologised to Ivy "I'll try get rid of him as soon as I can" She said, exiting the shop, linking arms with Ivy.

Thorfinn wore all black, from head to toe, his hair was neat and he had a certain air of negativity around him. "Ah Roseanne" He greeted her, shaking her hand then snapping his head towards Ivy "Oh, and a Slytherin friend I see, yes yes, I see my brother did something right with you at least" He said, almost as though he thought that a complement. He stretched out a hand to shake Ivys with a deliberate, fake smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:12 pm

The confused Ivy let's Rose pull her along to her uncle. She tries to put a serious face on despite the laughter desperate to come out at hearing Twin being called 'Roseanne'. She clears her throat and takes his hand tentatively. "Ivy Greengrass." She let's go off his hand and makes point a of wiping it on her jacket before shoving it back in her pocket.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Rose continues to frown as it is obvious from her uncles silence that he is dwelling her her second name "A Greengrass, very well" He said, his tone rather dismissive. Rose raised an eyebrow wondering how someone could be so rude. "Yes Roseanne, I was thinking today, have you thought any more on my offer?" He asked, a smile curving his lips.

"No. I told you I'd write when I have decided" She answered blankly, groaning as another person approached with dark hair, a few years older than both her and Ivy, this was her cousin... she pondered on the thought of whether this family reunion could get any worse.

"Hey look it's Rose, wow, Rose has a friend? A pretty friend, oh gosh, a Slytherin friend, hopefully a pureblood. What is this... Did you slip her a potion to make her like you?" Her cousin smirked, twirling his wand. "Father we must leave, we have those Mudbloods still tied, he shall want to question them soon" He said, wiking slyly at Ivy.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Ivy raised an eyebrow pointedly at Mr. Rowle, kinda wishing she was was from a mudblood family just so she could set him straight a bit. She sighed and let it go, looking at Rose, wondering if she was going to tell me what this 'offer' was about.

Hearing the cousin's remark, she rolled her eyes, but giggled slightly. If he was a Death Eater, it was best she didn't start mouthing anyone off just yet. "The friend has a name. It's Ivy." She turns to look at Rose, "and who is this rather unremarkable looking creature?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:34 pm

Her cousin smiled again "Ivy, interesting, my name is Theodore, pleasure to meet you... I mean really..." he said, his father was watching with a gaze of disgust. He tapped his son with his wand and narrowed his eyes. "Theo, do not embarrass us in such a public place, get back to work" He snapped, her cousin did as he was told and sauntered off, looking back at Ivy. "Oh, bye Rose, nice scarf, the colour suits you" He taunted then turned on the spot, disapparating.

"Yes, farewell Roseanne, be in contact soon, just because your father is somewhat of a lost cause, we shall not loose hope in you" He told her and eyed the basket with the kitten in "That should make a nice scarf, plenty of soft fur once fully grown" He said and smiled, It wasn't really a smile, just an array of slightly wonky teeth... Rose couldn't tell if he was joking and wrapped her arms around the basket, then let out a sigh of relief as he began to walk off.

"Oh god..."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Ivy's eyebrows were raised and she blinked in shock at Theodore. Then her jaw dropped in disgust as her uncle made the comment about the kitten. She pressed her lips together and bit her tongue as they walked away, waving good bye at Theo to be polite.

She turned to Rose, "So this is why you don't want me to visit your family in the holidays?" She smiled.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:41 pm

"It'd be great right. Welcome to Rowle Manor, here we skin kittens, flirt with anyone and enjoy the odd Mudblood interrogating for our highers... Lovely" Rose checked on the kitten and patted its head clumsily. "Ivy you have another admirer to add to your list" She smirked, starting to walk again.

"I don't know why, but they're still under the impression I am to become a Death Eater" Rose frowned.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:46 pm

"Oh it can't be that bad. You only came out half-mad." she poked her tongue out and walked with her, breathing in the cool air. "Being a Death Eater wouldn't be too bad. I guess it's just different in our families. It still kills my father every time to see me happily getting on with my life without a mark. I don't know if he'd take me and Rosier as a good thing or not..." She stopped, "What do you mean by another admirer?" Ivy scoffed and rolled her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:55 pm

"Like I say when I'm drunk... life is horrid, then you die" She sighed, walking up the street, kicking snow out of her way. "I don't want to though, I don't want people telling me what to do, I don't want to hurt people that have done nothing to me." Rose tried to explain with a frown. "He thinks he's going to actually teach me to duel properly, but really, I'll probably end up killing myself..."

"Did you want anything here?" She asked nudging her with her elbow "Rosier adores you, I adore you twinny, now you have a creepy amateur Death Eater after you too"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:00 pm

"Life isn't that bad Twin. You haven't had to do anything yet, you won't have to again. You're stronger than that." She takes her hands and looks at her eyes. "You need to stop being negative and believe in yourself." She takes out her wand and taps Rose's scarf, making it change from yellow to red to green to blue and back to yellow. "You're brave, you're in control, you're smart and you're probably the funniest person I know."

"And hey, learning to duel wouldn't be half bad." She grinned and looked around. "Do you wanna get an ice cream? Snow makes me crave ice cream."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:00 pm

OOC: BRB, My food is finished, reply in 10 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Rose sighs, not in the mood to argue with what Ivy said so she just smiles. "Sure, I like the cherry one and you're paying" She smiled, patting her yellow scarf.

"Can you really imagine me duelling though? I'd probably bring the building down on accident, you know me, or I could blind them with sparkly bubbles... that could work"

(OOC: That was the hottest food I have ever ate, my tastebuds hurt.)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:25 pm

Ivy smirks, "Cherry? Please, if I'm paying then I'm picking. I think I shall treat you to.... some strawberry and caramel." Ivy smiles. "You duelling would be quite funny though. You wouldn't be that bad. And sparkly bubbles are deadly if they come form you." Ivy starts walking again to get some ice cream.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:29 pm

"Strawberry and caramel sounds cute and pink like... twin bunnies" She said, still carrying the basket carefully... she would try her best to keep her kitten from being made into a fluffy scarf.

"We should start our exclusive duelling club, and call it Crucio with Glitter" Rose laughed as a small wizard stepped out of their was as she mentioned the word crucio.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:35 pm

"Twin bunnies haha if only they allowed bunnies as pets in Hogwarts! But a duelling club sounds nice. Not sure we'd have any members apart from ourselves though Wink Ah well we can learn all the glittery spells!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:38 pm

"I am the best at glittery spells" She said as she came to a standstill outside the ice cream parlour. The kitten, which was bundled in the blanked poked its head out to peer around. "I think I should call it Beast" Rose said with a nod then looked expectantly at Ivy, waiting for her to order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diagon Alley   Topher - Diagon Alley Empty

Back to top Go down

Diagon Alley
Page 1 of 30Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next