Pottermore Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete freedom in role playing

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
cynder kerrigan sherbet Amythyst black Lumina krystal Ovauzhar liam Joachim Disney sound snape dustypaws Lulu moon
Affiliates
free forum

Gryffindor Common room

Go down 
+3
Jade-Wintersmick
Jacques Nott
AmythystDolohov
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
AmythystDolohov
Admin
AmythystDolohov

Character Stats
Character sheet :

Gryffindor Common room Empty
PostSubject: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:36 am

Gryffindor Tower is located behind the portrait of the Fat Lady on the Seventh Floor of Hogwarts Castle. A password is required to enter it, which is spoken to the portrait. A circular hole is behind the painting, leading to the common room, which is a circular room where Gryffindor students can relax after a long day of studying. The common room is full of squashy armchairs, tables, and a bulletin board where school notices, ads, lost posters, etc. can be posted. A window looks out onto the grounds of the school, and a large fireplace dominates one wall.The common room is decorated with scarlet tapestries, which hang on the walls. the tapestries depict witches and wizards, but also various animals. It is usually where celebration parties are held after Gryffindor Quidditch victories, or when Harry Potter completed a task for the Triwizard Tournament. It was also the location for Harry and Ginny Weasley's first kiss following Gryffindor's Quidditch Cup victory in 1997. The common room fireplace was used on several occasions by Sirius Black to contact Harry while he was on the run from the Ministry of Magic.
The Gryffindor dormitories are also located in the Tower, with two doors leading off from the common room that open to spiral staircases. One of them leads to the girls dormitory, the other to the boys. The stairs to the girls dormitories are enchanted to become a slide if any boy attempts to climb them, but not vice versa, since it was deemed that girls were more trustworthy than boys, and Hermione Granger went into the boys' room on several occasions.A common room is a shared lounge area in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. There is one for each house. The common rooms feature fireplaces and sitting areas and are decorated in house colours. They are often used to do homework and to socialize with housemates. The boys' and girls' dormitories are also attached to the common rooms, with spells in place to prevent male students from entering the girls' dorms.
To enter a common room, a student requires a password, which prevents students from another house from entering. The Ravenclaw common room requires the answer to a riddle in order to enter.

Source:harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Gryffindor_Tower
Back to top Go down
https://pottermorerp.forumotion.com
Jacques Nott

Jacques Nott

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:00 am

Upstairs in the dorms, a Gryffindor lay in her bed, tossing and turning - jaw clenched, teeth grinding as she faced the nightmares that consumed her consciousness entirely.

The door creaked as her father opened it, followed by her mother and lastly herself and her brother. They were greeted with the cold, merciless gazes of their extended family - in the center, her mother's brother, her uncle Nott. On the right side of the room, Ebony's grandmother, the head of the family, lay in her bed - grey and sickly.
"What's the meaning of this?" Her father, Perseus Midnight, asked angrily. "Do tell me, why have we been all suddenly summoned here - the family meeting is only two days away! Even the kids have to be summoned?"
Uncle Nott looked back coldly, "Remember you are addressing the Nott Family, Midnight, you should still be silent with the honour that your lesser pureblood family was even allowed to marry into ours."
"Lesser pureblood?" Perseus Midnight exclaimed. "Our two families are equals, Nott."
Uncle Nott laughed - a hard, shrill, bone chilling laugh. Ebony almost went for her wand right then and there, eyes still shifting through the crowd as they gazed down at her little family. Uncle Nott continued, "Midnight you truly are a fool. Your blood is full of traitors, traitors to the pureblood way, it has only weakened your family - and you've even dared to spread it to my dear sister and her little pups." He sneered at Ebony and her brother, Loki. "But... at least one of them is not beyond saving."
"What are you planning, Nott?" Perseus growled, "I will not have you take command of this family, not while Louisa is still alive, and not while I have something to say about it."
"Ah well," Nott said in mock sorrow, "I'm afraid, Midnight, those can be easily rectified. Poor mother, her own son in law did bring the fact that she was still alive up. And we were just going to ignore her too." He turned to the audience of mainly the Nott family, and their... friends, "But that is not the issue we were going to bring up, is it my friends? No, we were only concerned with the proud name of our family. We wouldn't want it besmirched, not after all our ancestors did to build it. Unfortunately, the traitorous actions of the blood traitors in our family are threatening to do just that - dirty that name. So..." he turned back to a furious Perseus, "So, we're going to do some pruning."
Perseus drew his wand, "Nott... touch my family and I'll..."
Uncle Nott just laughed, drawing his own wand, a manic glint in his eye that Ebony had sometimes seen in her childhood. "Get the blood traitors. I want them alive, preferably!"

Hell broke loose.

In the screams and crush of people, Ebony felt a hand on her back, her father. "Ebony, use that training to get yourself out, don't wait for us. Go. Go!"
She hesitated, "But... what about you, mother and Loki?"
"We'll try and get Loki out as well, but you must escape. We'll be fine," her father looked uncertain but smiled wearily at her. "Do me proud, girl." A spell flew overhead, "Quickly!"
She flew out the meeting room door, wand clutched into her hand, starting to feel dizzy from realizing the sickening truth of it all. They were everywhere. The rushing loud footsteps behind her, the screams of 'Grab her!', the spells flying, the noise. She sent a quick hex behind her, hoping it hit, hoping something exploded and... and...
killed them all?
She'd never wanted anyone dead before. The powerful feeling was so new to her that she stumbled and almost fell down completely. It was enough to get them to catch up. She flew through another door, quickly closing it behind her, barely managing to say 'collorportus' in her panic. She ran down the stairs, always quickly glancing behind her, gasping for breath, sobbing in fear; the sound of the doors being ripped open, the sound of her footsteps on the floor, so loud, too loud. It got darker, she barely knew where she was going even though she basically knew the house inside out. She just wanted to get away.
And soon enough, her hands hit a wall in the dark. She gazed wildly, blindly around - she was in the cellar. Her palms scraped against the rock wall. A dead end.
And her hunters knew it.
She could hear them laughing through the pounding of blood in her ears, she could hear how they walked slowly and deliberately, trying to scare their pray as much as possible.
"Here, little pup. Where are you?" they joked darkly, "Playing hide and seek? We'll find you! Come out, come out."
She pressed herself against the wall, hair falling in her white as sheet face, eyes wide. They approached her like shadows in the dark, smiles wide, eyes glinting. They had her cornered.
"So, you like playing little games then, little pup?"
"Stop calling me that!" she growled, grabbing her wand and trying to blast one of them, only to have it disarmed a moment later.
The person who'd spoken chuckled. "This ones got spirit. I'd say she's a candidate. You led us on quite the little game of chase. Grab her."
Back to top Go down
Jacques Nott

Jacques Nott

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:44 pm

They dragged her, kicking and screaming, up the stairs and shoved through to the entrance room. The double doors were wide open and outside heavy rain poured down, accompanied by flashes of lightning and the roll of thunder. Her family were there along with a few other blood traitors, caught and constrained by ropes of magic. Uncle Nott stood before the doors, facing out into the wind. "So you caught the girl then?"
"Yes, sir," her capturers through her to the ground, and Ebony's mother sobbed quietly.
Uncle Nott turned to stare down at his niece, his face portraying no emotion, just cold, hard apathy. "So, I hear you put up quite some trouble. Well, that makes things only better, yes. Jasca," he turned to one of the Nott women. "Fetch me
the knife."
"No!" Perseus protested, "Please, make me the player in your little game, Nott. Leave my daughter alone! I beg you!"
"No, Midnight, I already have something planned for each of you - an example needs to be made of you all. Besides, I've been told that you daughter does love her games." Jasca returned with the knife case, presenting it to Uncle Nott. He picked it up and ran his wand along the blade before unscrewing the cap on a small bottle and pouring some of the fluid onto it. "Now, tell me, Ebonique Midnight Nott, what do you know of poisons?" Ebony turned her head away from the man and continued to glare at the floor. "Not going to answer? No matter. Well, this is a very unusual, uncommon poison - it takes its time to run its course, but it is incredibly painful and effective. But you see," he bent down towards her, "We are very generous in that we've given you time, and we'll give you a clue, so you can try to cure it - if you find it in the time limit you have. Right," he nodded to her capturers, "Haul her up and... pin her to the wall over there, I want everyone to see what happens to traitors."
Someone grabbed Ebony by the collar and pulled her up, dragging her towards the wall where someone rolled up the sleeve on her left arm, exposing the skin. Uncle Nott grinned, "Now we'll both be marked, little pup. Me with the proud mark of the death eaters, and you with the reminder of what scum you are etched into yours."
She spat back at him, "I'll wear that name for me with pride if it means I'm against all that you're for."
His eyes grew stony, "So be it." He took the knife to her arm and carved into it, with poison, letters. The pain was unbearable, Ebony could hear someone screaming - a long, loud note. She realised it was herself. She could her father's mouth move frantically and yet couldn't hear what came out, she could see her mother sobbing and her brother shutting his eyes tight and clamping his hands over his ears. Each letter took an age, burning warmth covering her arm, a mix of blood and poison.
And when it was done, the throbbing in her arm and the ringing in her ears and the hatred in her heart drowned out all thought. They took her and threw her into a muddy puddle out in the pouring rain, and she lay there - almost thankful for how cool it was, too numb inside yet too pained on the outside to move. They chucked a scrunched up piece of paper down next to her, "Here's your clue." And then they threw the knife down next her too, "And that's when you've turned cowards and completely given up, you can ram that thing straight into your heart."
"Watch her," Uncle Nott said, "I want her to see this next part. For those who dare speak against my leadership of this family." He turned to Perseus Midnight, who was dragged towards his feet. "Now, Perseus Midnight - I'll give you a chance too, just like I'm giving your daughter one. Do you stand by my claim as the next head leader of both your family and mine, as your lot has now married into my family?"
Perseus growled, pain evident in his eyes, "You've just poisoned my daughter, threatened to place my son into the death eater ranks, and you want me to support you?"
"Why, Perseus," Uncle Nott looked surprised, "To be given the opportunity to join the death eaters is a gift and an honour."
"I said no and I still say no, Nott. I will never, ever support your claim - I will always speak against you, whether it be from the bars of my prison or not!"
"Pity," Uncle Nott sighed, "How would you speak against me if you had no tongue to utter word with." He nodded to the more brutish Notts, "Gentlemen, cut it out."
Her mother's cry of despair and pleading awoke Ebony from her stupor, she had to leave, now. She faintly remembered that there was a party over at Nagini's house - a mourning party. She glanced up subtly, her supposed 'guard' was watching the detail with hungry interest. She reached out and picked up the note and the knife. As she was beginning to change into her animagus form, she wondered if her parents had made her learn it all those years ago, just in case something would happen. Her front left leg hanging painfully in the air and a limp in her right back leg, she limped as fast as she could from the scene, headed desperately towards Nagini's.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:58 pm

-walks into the Common Room and on through to her dorm. Crashes on her bed and instantly falls asleep for a quick nap waiting for Nocturne's return.-
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:37 pm

-hears a tapping on her window. groggily awakes to see Nocturne has returned. grabs a quill and a book to write on and heads back to the Owlery.-
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:39 pm

-returns to the Common Room, looks at the homework she now has to do, but decides to head to her dorm instead and immediately falls into a deep, peaceful sleep.-
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:19 am

-wakes up somewhat rested. Finds a note on her dresser from Ebony that reads:

Quidditch postponed.....in detention.

decides she needs to go cheer up her friend.-[
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:51 pm

-returned exhausted from an intensive training quidditch, spreads on a chair by the fire-

and now I'm supposed to do my homework for Snape -_-
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Hermia - I dare you to go to Myrtle's bathroom
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:49 pm

-sitting from her chair by the fire where she has been reading for History of Magic, she looks up at Butterfly in a surprised expression-

Now, Butterfly? I'm doing my homework. What's this dare all about anyway?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:55 pm

- laughs at Hermia. - All Gryffindors must survive a visit to Mrytle. And I know you have never made the trip.
Show us what you're capable. Prove to your House your bravery!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:58 pm

-looks at Butterfly with an indignant expression-

You are questioning my bravery? Did you not see me in Quidditch practice yesterday against a dragon? Fine.

-slams book closed and sets it on the table beside the chair.-

I'll go prove it to you.

-grabs her wand and marches out of the common room.-
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:07 pm

is still in the room and displays a satisfied smile. Then returns to her homeworks and waiting for the return of Hermia.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:35 pm

homeworks finished, Hermia is still not returned.
She will tell me all tomorrow

-goes to the dormitory-
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:17 pm

-woke up wearily from last night's events feeling some pain of the wound under her wrist. Came down to the Common Room glad to find everyone sleeping or gone. Hungry, but still slightly weakened, she sighed as she pulled out a parchment and quill and started on her Charms essay due on Friday. Although her mind was instead thinking of Ice and Amy and wondering how they were doing.-
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:32 pm

-having finished her Charms essay, she realized she hadn't eaten since she donated blood. If she put off food any longer, she'd probably pass out. She packed up her things for Charms and some reading for History of Magic and headed to the Great Hall.-
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:23 pm

-The echo of the 3rd year makes her cringe. Having changed into dry clothes, she sits in front of the fire still trying to warm. Points at shoes-

Aguamenti.

-the shoes fell to the ground, no longer in flames. They now looked char-broiled.-
Back to top Go down
Jacques Nott

Jacques Nott

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:56 pm

She walked into the common room, still giggling until the giggles died when she saw Hermia huddled in front of the fire, sneezing. "So, Hermia, why were you taking a swim in this sort of weather?" She glanced at the shoes, "Those looked like they were some pretty expensive things... whose were they?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:02 pm

-looked up at Ebony dreading this moment.-

Not exactly.

-dramatically paused as she tried to think of the best way to put it.-

You might want to sit down.

-gestures to the armchair beside her.-
Back to top Go down
Jacques Nott

Jacques Nott

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:04 pm

Ebony's eyebrows pretty much jumped off of her head, "Is it that bad?" She sat down slowly into the armchair, wondering what horrors could befall her ears... the giant squid was now eating people? Death Eaters had started drowning people instead of using Avada Kedavra?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Remember that Quidditch book you gave me? The one with all of the new moves you wanted me to try?
Back to top Go down
Jacques Nott

Jacques Nott

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:09 pm

Ebony brightened up at the mention of quidditch, "Oh yeah! Did you like them? The Slytherins haven't got this book yet, we have an advantage." She grinned to herself, imagining the Quidditch cup in her hands.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:14 pm

-this was going to be harder than she thought as she realizes it is still at the top of the Astronomy tower.-

I loved the book. Umm...but you might need to go retrieve it before they do get their hands on it. I, er, left it in the Astronomy Tower, when I was, er, attempting that new spiral feint.

-seeing the tension building in Ebony, quickly added.-

Which I would have been able to complete amazingly, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Nott

Jacques Nott

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:17 pm

Ebony's mouth fell open and she said weakly, "You left it at the top of the Astronomy tower..." she shakes herself, "Well as long as we get it quickly." She eyed Hermia suspiciously, "Would have been able to complete...? What happened?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:22 pm

Well, I started the feint. And it was beautiful. I was just flying in the descending spiral; it felt so natural, until the Firebolt took over.

-scrunches her face in frustration and narrows eyes angrily.-

I'm pretty sure it was cursed. Again. And I think we both know who did it.

-sighs.-

So when that happened, the only place to go was into the Lake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gryffindor Common room   Gryffindor Common room Empty

Back to top Go down

Gryffindor Common room
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next